Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

anyone who can't see improvement in this team from the 1st game till now

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,590
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There sure a lot of miserable fucks on this board.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The girls here were complaining about not beating the cupcakes good enough in the pre season.

Thats the improvement. Individuals and the team are better now. Kids developed.

Like the op said if you don't see it you don't want to. Saying this team had the second best talent in the league is mick fucking stupid.

Go suck Sark's recruiting dick

I am confused, is this the 4-5 > 5-4 post of the week...or

0-12 talent total rebuild post of the week...or

something to do with the Doucheman.com obsession, black & white, etc.

And nice subtle change to the talent statement. But of course you gotta get in a Sark reference, because "new" standard around here for a UW coach is just don't be that guy.

Keep shooting, you may finally hit something.

If you make Kim Grinolds posts don't be surprised if someone points it out.

My post is a statement of fact. If you think Miles and The committee of backs are better than Price and Sankey you're mick fucking stupid.

Always about the backs with you.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2014

The girls here were complaining about not beating the cupcakes good enough in the pre season.

Like the op said if you don't see it you don't want to. Saying this team had the second best talent in the league is mick fucking stupid.

And nice subtle change to the talent statement. But of course you gotta get in a Sark reference, because "new" standard around here for a UW coach is just don't be that guy.

My post is a statement of fact. If you think Miles and The committee of backs are better than Price and Sankey you're mick fucking stupid.

If you think we should be 12-1 you're mick fucking stupid.
    Trying to find where I made those two statements.

Sorry, you have entered a no spin zone.

Race has reached He_Needs_More_Cock territory in this thread.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

"big" proclamations like this team has improved over the course of this season?

We played well in some games earlier in the year. We still aren't very good. If we win the next two, it will be something to celebrate.

In 2009 we shut out the Cougs and plungered Cal to end the year. In 2010, we won 4 straight to close the year. I said we look improved. Who gives a shit though?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

We played well in some games earlier in the year. We still aren't very good. If we win the next two, it will be something to celebrate.

In 2009 we shut out the Cougs and plungered Cal to end the year. In 2010, we won 4 straight to close the year. I said we look improved. Who gives a shit though?
    Disagree. 9-5 against this fucktarded schedule is nothing to celebrate.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Some people on this board seem to have an agenda. This season sucked. Wasted a ton of talent on defense with a shitty offense. Petersen gets paid a lot of money to figure it out. He didn't at least before losing 5 conference games. Hope next year is better but our personnel will take a hit.

So far in one year not impressed. Recruiting looks to be going pretty good. Don't fire Petersen because that would be stupid. Let it play out but this year was shitty.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you think we should be 12-1 you're mick fucking stupid.
    Trying to find where I made those two statements.

Sorry, you have entered a no spin zone.

Race has reached He_Needs_More_Cock territory in this thread.

You said we had the talent to beat everyone but Oregon

Own your stupidity

Dont try to spin out of it Obama
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you were letting it play out you'd see how it is playing out not crying about how it's such a failure.

It's year 1 and it was a success. It's not year 6 of Kim's boyfriend Sark

Some of you need to learn the difference
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Oregon St. has an identical record to Illinois who UW handled in similar fashion at home much earlier this year. I don't think it's improvement to do the same thing to a similar shitty opponent at home, that's what was expected.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2014

Disagree. 9-5 against this fucktarded schedule is nothing to celebrate.
    Wtf'ed because we don't deal in hypotheticals.

Sark won 8 last year as Pete has won 7.

No gift wins for Sark or Pete.

Fair is fair.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Here's the deal... This season has basically fucking sucked.

However, it's fucking obvious that Pete wants to beat 'his way' into the players. I'm not in love with the way this season played out, but all our players have improved.

I love the Petersen is saying that we played great against 'Zona, because we did. It shows he knows what the problems are and what they aren't.

When he was asked about explosive plays, he said 'it's nice to have those, but we have to convert in the red-zone'. Another sign he understands the issues with this team.

The problem with this team is that they are #mentallyweak. Pete's whole program is to build things the right way so that winning takes care of itself as a product of habits and his process. That's why Jaydon Mickens gets the ball so goddamn much. Because, even though he basically sucks, he does things Pete's way (same with Campbell) and he is emphasizing doing things the right way.

He will continue to do that next year until all the talented players show up in practice AND in games. That's when we will become mentally strong. This team needs that more than anything. We are improving because he's not letting kids off the hook. He only plays the kids who do it right and slowly everyone is coming around to that reality.

We could be seriously good by the end of next year and then, of course, 2016 could be special.

I think this is pretty accurate.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

However, it's fucking obvious that Pete wants to beat 'his way' into the players. I'm not in love with the way this season played out, but all our players have improved.

I love the Petersen is saying that we played great against 'Zona, because we did. It shows he knows what the problems are and what they aren't.

When he was asked about explosive plays, he said 'it's nice to have those, but we have to convert in the red-zone'. Another sign he understands the issues with this team.

The problem with this team is that they are #mentallyweak. Pete's whole program is to build things the right way so that winning takes care of itself as a product of habits and his process. That's why Jaydon Mickens gets the ball so goddamn much. Because, even though he basically sucks, he does things Pete's way (same with Campbell) and he is emphasizing doing things the right way.

He will continue to do that next year until all the talented players show up in practice AND in games. That's when we will become mentally strong. This team needs that more than anything. We are improving because he's not letting kids off the hook. He only plays the kids who do it right and slowly everyone is coming around to that reality.

We could be seriously good by the end of next year and then, of course, 2016 could be special.

A little more than "it sucked". Nice perspective.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Agree about the Arizona game. That one showed improvement, they went on the road against a ranked team and dominated them for a while (until the fucktardedness started).