Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

anyone who can't see improvement in this team from the 1st game till now

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Some of you really don't get it
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Yesterday was a good win. There's nothing to be upset about. There were a lot of positives.

You could have saved a lot of time and energy by simply stating this in the first place.

• Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I hate the fact that we lost 5 times and got plungered again at UO but to deny that we're seeing better football the last few weeks is EklundFS. Team is getting better, Peternorth has burned it to the ground and is building it back up. Now plunger the Cuogs and whatever dreck fest bowel team we play and we can start jo-ing about TBS and 2015
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yesterday was a good win. There's nothing to be upset about. There were a lot of positives. At the same time, we should have won. We are a better and more talented team than Oregon State.

Better and more talented than every team except Oregon

Just what I'm hearing
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yesterday was a good win. There's nothing to be upset about. There were a lot of positives. At the same time, we should have won. We are a better and more talented team than Oregon State.

Just what I'm hearing
    You really are going full Cockus style with the extremes.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    phineas said:

All im saying is, a win over oregon fucking state doesnt mean its time to crown their ass. Some of you need to take a step back and look at the big picture. Alabama played william and mary or some such shit yesterday but you dont see their fanbase talking about "showing improvement" we are desperate for a winner but lets not get ahead of ourselves and start proclaiming ciley mylers is taking us to the rose bowl next year because he had a game late in the year against osu where he didnt fuck it up all by himself

Correct if I am wrong but some would believe OSU's win over Arizona State a quality win. The Beavs don't instill fear in you in any phase but did have a quality win the week before.

UW had their way with OSU in every phase of the game. Guys were put into position to make and they did so. Anyone see that Feeney pick? Was in good position made a great play.

Who says Miles is taking UW to the rose bowl? This post is a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

I don't mean to pile on but this post but it just sucks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just what I'm hearing
    You mean quoting the mick?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just what I'm hearing
    Here is Mick's quote. "As I have said on several occasions, there is enough talent on this roster to beat anyone outside of Oregon in the Pac 12."

Nobody besides Tequilla predicted 12-1. Nobody wants Petersen fired. Nobody wants Sark back.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Judging year 1 Petersen is the same as judging year 5 Sark is what I'm hearing
  • Options
    With a better than outside chance, Peterman gets 9 wins in year one... something Sark has been unable to achieve... ever.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just what I'm hearing
    Here is Mick's quote. "As I have said on several occasions, there is enough talent on this roster to beat anyone outside of Oregon in the Pac 12."

Nobody besides Tequilla predicted 12-1. Nobody wants Petersen fired. Nobody wants Sark back.
    I know that's what he said.

That's the point. It's fucking stupid. UW doesn't have that talent. To expect wins based off a flawed assumption is stupid.
    To call the season a complete failure is stupid

If I was stupid enough to think that I'd want Petersen fired for going 7-5 with that talent. And I'd want the guy that recruited it

Just like Kim does.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Just what I'm hearing

That's the point. It's fucking stupid. UW doesn't have that talent. To expect wins based off a flawed assumption is stupid.

If I was stupid enough to think that I'd want Petersen fired for going 7-5 with that talent. And I'd want the guy that recruited it

Just like Kim does.
    There is a difference between having better talent than Stanford. And having enough talent to beat Stanford.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

With a better than outside chance, Peterman gets 9 wins in year one... something Sark has been unable to achieve... ever.

Sark was 4-5 his first season. Petersen has a chance to reach that on Saturday. Giving credit for shitty ooc wins is Kim fs.
  • Options
    That's one fucked up statement that gets repeated too often.

OOC wins/losses matter.

Sources? Every fucking coaches contract in the NCAA. Every fucking coaches wiki page on the planet.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Race v RoadDawg? I fucking love this bored.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Despite the loss, my eyes were telling me we were turning the corner @ Arizona. After a relatively impressive win against OSU, I'm thinking the the probability is a little higher.

But eyes are just part of the equation...we beat the spread by 8 @ Arizona and then beat it by 17 against Oregon State. which is also trending in the right direction.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I was GrundleFS to believe we had plenty of offensive talent returning, and also GrundleFS to doubt the defensive talent returning. I know that I know nothing.
    The season itself was a failure, we were out of the conference race 3 games in. The program development that's occurring during the season looks positive.
    -- The defensive backs have improved beyond all expectations even 3 games in.
    -- The true freshman that played looked good, the staff still knows how to find and development talent, even OUT OF THE WAC!1!!!
    -- Many veterans showing significant improvements. It could be simply maturity and experience, but the staff in place gets the credit.
    -- Clear progress made over the course of the season, accelerating in the last few weeks.
    -- Strong leadership at the top willing to make long term decisions.
    -- Loyalty within the program towards one another. In Pete's most criticized moments, Stanford fake punt and Shartgate, I feel that he was shielding players and coaches from outside scrutiny.
    -- Little things, from NOT leading the players out of the tunnel to what I've heard here & there about high standards in the lockerroom.
    -- This image
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mick tapped out. Road tapped in.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just what I'm hearing

Just like Kim does.
    There is a difference between having better talent than Stanford. And having enough talent to beat Stanford.
    Fair point. We also have enough talent to beat Oregon by that measure. Mick was livid over that loss too.

I would have loved to see UW win some they weren't supposed to. But the thread was did they improve

It shouldn't take 4 pages to acknowledge something so obvious.

In the big scheme Petersen succeeded this year. We wouldnt be ripping Sark if he hadn't fucked this program for 5 years.

I expect a lot more next year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mick tapped out. Road tapped in.
    I tap out too.. I don't think this year was a success, but I am looking forward to the future. I need to see a little more before thinking Petersen will win a championship in the next few years.