Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pressing Conference Monday [Premium Caple Content]

2»

Comments

• drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    topdawgnc said:

My biggest pet peeve is when people say they did their best.

If you do it, you don't have to say you did your best.

If you fail, you say you did your best.

Nobody has held up a trophy and said I did my best!

If you have to say you did your best, you failed and you won't win because the other guy's best is better than yours.

My son gets trophies for doing his best. His generation is growing up like this. I remind him that a trophy represents achievement of the highest level, not for showing up to the games. I was so proud of him when this season he told his coach that he doesn't want a trophy unless they win the most games.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    droggins said:

topdawgnc said:

If you have to say you did your best, you failed and you won't win because the other guy's best is better than yours.

My son gets trophies for doing his best. His generation is growing up like this. I remind him that a trophy represents achievement of the highest level, not for showing up to the games. I was so proud of him when this season he told his coach that he doesn't want a trophy unless they win the most games.
    Great.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is He'll turn down his birthright of $15 an hour for mowing lawns in the summer.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    droggins said:

topdawgnc said:

#profilesincourage Let us know when he wins something to back up the smack.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,703 Founders Club

Percy Allen is a "professional" journalist but doesn't know how to spell the head coaches name.

*coach's

HTH
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    topdawgnc said:

... or you could just look up at the scoreboard when it reads 0:00 realize what side of the scoreboard is yours and know you failed immediately without having to listen to and answer fucktarded questions.

• drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    salemcoog said:

droggins said:

topdawgnc said:

Great.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is He'll turn down his birthright of $15 an hour for mowing lawns in the summer.
    He's 9. I'll let you know when he turns 16.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    droggins said:

topdawgnc said:

Get him out of rec and YMCA leagues.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    droggins said:

topdawgnc said:

I bet he still takes the juice box's. Disgusting.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I would always bring beef jerky and Mt Dew on snack day. Kids loved me. Mom's didn't.