Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I am a Dawgman refugee

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

The way it has worked on HHB for years is that somebody comes over the the HHB site, claims doogman is rotten, then gets a few days worth of hazing. If you haven't been kicked off doogman altogether you are encouraged to leave the HHB site (which moves around twice annually or so; it's now here) immediately. But, some of the guys here haven't had a date since Clinton was in office, and make a lot of trips to Costco for hand cream to support their masturbation habits in their mom's basement.

They don't sell my brand at COSTCO.

Try Sam's Club

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

The way it has worked on HHB for years is that somebody comes over the the HHB site, claims doogman is rotten, then gets a few days worth of hazing. If you haven't been kicked off doogman altogether you are encouraged to leave the HHB site (which moves around twice annually or so; it's now here) immediately. But, some of the guys here haven't had a date since Clinton was in office, and make a lot of trips to Costco for hand cream to support their masturbation habits in their mom's basement.

They don't sell my brand at COSTCO.

Try Sam's Club

That's why I keep paying here, premium content like this. :-h
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

There should be some kind of way to apply for refugee status and apply for asylum. The problem is that a poster coming over from doogman has to undo years of programming under the stalinist inspired system there. He has to be able to learn new terms like "pole" instead of poll, "poast" instead of post, and locations of hand lotions (coupons etc). It is no longer a question of "I hate Oregon," "we are young, give the team another year," etc. All of this programming must be altered. The problem is that some poasters cannot adapt to the freewheeling style of no-moderation, and return to doogman.

Like Russia after the fall of the Berlin Wall
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

There should be some kind of way to apply for refugee status and apply for asylum. The problem is that a poster coming over from doogman has to undo years of programming under the stalinist inspired system there. He has to be able to learn new terms like "pole" instead of poll, "poast" instead of post, and locations of hand lotions (coupons etc). It is no longer a question of "I hate Oregon," "we are young, give the team another year," etc. All of this programming must be altered. The problem is that some poasters cannot adapt to the freewheeling style of no-moderation, and return to doogman.

Exactly. Some people could not adopt and still want the return of the old system, which was awful, but they only way they knew how to cope.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Exactly. Some people could not adopt and still want the return of the old system, which was awful, but they only way they knew how to cope.
    When did having sex become awful? Why the big push for adoption? Do you have an agenda?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

I've bounced around scout, rivals, and 247. Shame Bob's blog is gone because that was everything we needed. There isn't a real core place to fanatically follow Husky football anymore. Also, Sark's regime is kind of stagnant. It feels like more people are excited about the stadium than the actual team. From lurking, I can tell that people here share a similar opinion with me about the Dawgman moderators. I wouldn't be so, uh, vulgar in my descriptions but yes -- they are a total joke. There are some very, very good posters there that I think highly of. Yaledawg and Tailgater among them.

I really want Sark to do well and have pulled hard for him, I mean christ my four years at UW were the Willingham years so I was just begging for someone to give me hop, but admittedly it is hard to keep the faith these days. No offensive identity. Never committing to the run. Holt. His handling of Price. Most unforgiving: offensive line play + recruiting. The Dawgman moderators say that people have been clamoring for Sark to fail since the beginning. I don't think that's true at all, I think if he went 13-0 next year everyone would be losing their minds in how awesome it is.

Meh

Choose stuff newbie, welcome, but Yaledawg is a fucking fraud. His film analysis cracks me up. Dude has no fucking clue how to analyze film
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    well I was the first Guy to say Sarks '09 team was his best and his best coaching. That got me banned by that little buttsniffer Kim. Still stand by it. At least here I can say it. Stick around, aside from a few turdburglers, this site is cool
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

well I was the first Guy to say Sarks '09 team was his best and his best coaching. That got me banned by that little buttsniffer Kim. Still stand by it. At least here I can say it. Stick around, aside from a few turdburglers, this site is cool

I'm glad you enjoy it here puppysteele. You're welcome.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Gladstone said:

I've bounced around scout, rivals, and 247. Shame Bob's blog is gone because that was everything we needed. There isn't a real core place to fanatically follow Husky football anymore. Also, Sark's regime is kind of stagnant. It feels like more people are excited about the stadium than the actual team. From lurking, I can tell that people here share a similar opinion with me about the Dawgman moderators. I wouldn't be so, uh, vulgar in my descriptions but yes -- they are a total joke. There are some very, very good posters there that I think highly of. Yaledawg and Tailgater among them.

I really want Sark to do well and have pulled hard for him, I mean christ my four years at UW were the Willingham years so I was just begging for someone to give me hop, but admittedly it is hard to keep the faith these days. No offensive identity. Never committing to the run. Holt. His handling of Price. Most unforgiving: offensive line play + recruiting. The Dawgman moderators say that people have been clamoring for Sark to fail since the beginning. I don't think that's true at all, I think if he went 13-0 next year everyone would be losing their minds in how awesome it is.

Meh

Screw you a-hole! Sorry...just warming up.

Listen, you can't really be accepted here until you call kim a d-bag and eklund a waste of sperm - both of which are true.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

Listen, you can't really be accepted here until you call kim a d-bag and eklund a waste of sperm - both of which are true.

weak sauce
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

You're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'm another Dawgman transfer here as well. Got an invite to come check it out over PM. Glad there is a place to go where you can actually criticize the program when it is deserved and not be told by the staff that you must be a miserable person and need to step away from the keyboard and go for a walk lol

LEAVE!
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    When a North Korean defects, the South Korean government has to put them in a school for something like a year so they can make the cultural jump. Something to think about...
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2013
    doogman=Stockholm syndrome
  • Options
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

When a North Korean defects, the South Korean government has to put them in a school for something like a year so they can make the cultural jump. Something to think about...

Are you suggesting some sort of Hardcore Husky quarantine board?
  • Options
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Don't know about him, but it's what I am suggesting.

How are the traffic numbers looking here DJ?

Major spike in posting members recently. I am scared. Change scares me. It's why I hate Obama.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Don't know about him, but it's what I am suggesting.

How are the traffic numbers looking here DJ?

Major spike in posting members recently. I am scared. Change scares me. It's why I hate Obama.
    traffic numbers here are exploding.