Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This one is on Coach Pete

Love the guy.

But you don't get boat raced - by the exact same scheme - after working on a game plan for a week. His predecessor left him some holes, but it's his job to fix them and fix them fast.

I have no criticism for Oregon any longer. 11 in a row isn't a fluke or cheating. They have been decisively better in EVERY one of those games .

The only question is what happens the rest of this season and next. Thats the time he has to get it done as far as I'm concerned.

This is so fucking irritating.

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,555 Founders Club
    He really played down the rivalry aspect. I don't understand why.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Love the guy.

But you don't get boat raced - by the exact same scheme - after working on a game plan for a week. His predecessor left him some holes, but it's his job to fix them and fix them fast.

I have no criticism for Oregon any longer. 11 in a row isn't a fluke or cheating. They have been decisively better in EVERY one of those games .

The only question is what happens the rest of this season and next. Thats the time he has to get it done as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, but you're a doog if you ever thought it was about cheating. They're better than us because they figured out how to be a good team and stuck to it. Only doogs hate on Oregon.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Love the guy.

5 fucking years potlicker, not 2
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,548 Swaye's Wigwam

I agree it's on Pete. The head coach is always responsible. The talent argument sounds good until you figure in Arizona and WSU playing Oregon closely and Arizona winning. This was Oregon's easiest PAC 12 win. Inexusable.

You can state that the talent isn't there and still expect to put up a showing similar to Wazzu and Arizona. The difference is we didn't have a quarterback that can drive the field on them, when our mediocre line started getting pushed back.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Love the guy.

5 fucking years potlicker, not 2
    Yep just like Hoke, Muschamp, Ty, etc all needed 5 years.
    How did that work out?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,587
    The saddest thing is that still the closest game in the streak of 11 was from fucking Ty Willingham in 2007 against a top 5 Oregon team. Huskies were in that game until the 4th quarter.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

He really played down the rivalry aspect. I don't understand why.

So did Chip

Petermen knows he has weak minded losers and didn't want them any tighter than they usually are against Oregon. Didn't work Nothing has for 11 years
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Petermen has said on several occasions that to be a rivalry it has to be even..... Clearly there is no rivalry with Oregon, so why would he mention it?
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

There is no rivalry

Oregon's uniform selection says otherwise.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    haie said:

I agree it's on Pete. The head coach is always responsible. The talent argument sounds good until you figure in Arizona and WSU playing Oregon closely and Arizona winning. This was Oregon's easiest PAC 12 win. Inexusable.

You can state that the talent isn't there and still expect to put up a showing similar to Wazzu and Arizona. The difference is we didn't have a quarterback that can drive the field on them, when our mediocre line started getting pushed back.
    Dropped pick 6, dropped TD pass in the first 10 minutes of the game. Defense got shredded all game. 81, 81, and 99 yard consecutive scoring drives by Oregon. We can blame that on the QB too. Arizona actually competed on defense. Nobody expected a perfect game, but getting plungered is inexcusable. We have plenty of talent to not get plungered.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Oregon was missing multiple OL in those games against WSU and Arizona. They were less prepared for OL problems in those games. Against us and UCLA they had Fisher back and were more focused after two shit performances. Oregon once again played its best game of the year against us. They also beat Michigan St by 19 (though our 25 point deficit was a lot worse).

Lets see where shit stands at the end of the season.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    ntxduck said:

The saddest thing is that still the closest game in the streak of 11 was from fucking Ty Willingham in 2007 against a top 5 Oregon team. Huskies were in that game until the 4th quarter.

We all miss Bellotti
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    You're a Doog if you thought we had more than a chance. Our roster and team is filled with holes. If you thought a change in coaching would elevate this team in one year to compete with a legit CFB playoff team, than I can't help you. This game is on the head coach... Sure like every loss while ever win is on the players.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,548 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

haie said:

Dropped pick 6, dropped TD pass in the first 10 minutes of the game. Defense got shredded all game. 81, 81, and 99 yard consecutive scoring drives by Oregon. We can blame that on the QB too. Arizona actually competed on defense. Nobody expected a perfect game, but getting plungered is inexcusable. We have plenty of talent to not get plungered.
    I'm saying there isn't an excuse to be found. Inexcusable to have this many holes in terms of talent and inexcusable to play like garbage. Abundance.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

You basically faced the same team that played against Michigan St., a team with a healthier (but not completely healthy) O line. The team that played against WSU and ASU was complete garbage, with terrible O-line issues.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2014
    dflea said:

Love the guy.

Sorry, but you're a doog if you ever thought it was about cheating. They're better than us because they figured out how to be a good team and stuck to it. Only doogs hate on Oregon.
    That's bullshit. I've always hated Oregon. Hated them when we beat them like a drum and hate them now that they are beating us like a drum.

I never thought it was about cheating, either.

Why the fuck wouldn't you hate on Oregon?

Homer fans like you are the reason Oregon enjoys rubbing your face in it. It's part of the reason why Oregon wore the Kenny Wheaton jerseys. When your doog tears flow they taste that much sweeter. If you drop the irrational hate you become just another PAC 12 opponent. Doogs relished when Oregon was a shitty team and they were on top. Now that the tables are turned, they get decades of their arrogance heaped back upon them. Only now they're called duckades.