Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Time to Lightly Doog - Offense

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,780 Founders Club

For the first time since he got here from Michigan I’m pretty excited about Jackson. Singer and Cowing were both great in this offense. Although Singer is a little taller than Jackson he took a step back when he went to the Air Raid. Sudden, shifty, little guys do well under Fish. Is Jackson that dude? We shall see.

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,286 Swaye's Wigwam

Giles was awesome for us last year too, he just didn’t play much.

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam

We need a Five Reasons. The time is now.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,250 Swaye's Wigwam

It won't be as effective but at least nice to watch an offense that doesn't take 10-second drop backs to make every play and doesn't need RBs to mostly be pass blockers. It's hard to gauge against Browning because Petersen's awful offense and teams knowing him so well remember he threw 16 TDs to 10 ints his final year. He struggled.

Need to remember what it was like to have a dynamic RB. Remember how well Polk and Sankey did running behind patchwork lines?

I think replacing the WRs will be insanely difficult. We knew this, but based on what's been buzzed so far in camps, Odunze, Polk, and McMillan should have all been first rounders and as years go by we will wonder how good 2023 would have been had they not gotten McMillan hurt running up the score on Sparty.

One thing that worries me is rely on a lot of guys who scream Doogman practice heroes like Boston, Giles, and Durfee making big leaps when they probably are just guys who are great as complementary players.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm curious who our #4 and #5 receivers will be. We know Hunter, Boston, and Jackson are the top 3, but we're unproven after them.

Seems that Green, Harris, and Williams are vying for those spots

I'm really glad but also extremely shocked Browning has been able to have the NFL career he has had. That and time has made people forget how mostly bad he pretty much was once you get to the USC game in 2016. Remember in 2018 against the likes of Oregon State and Cal it was basically please let's be able to win just running the ball so he doesn't have to throw. He actually had one of his best later career games that year against Oregon.

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,338 Swaye's Wigwam

No matter what I'm excited for the upside. Last year was so much known quantity that even the big plays were almost expected. There's bound to be a handful of surprises on the team this year

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

He definitely showed up against Oregon that year and I'm pissed for him and especially McGrew that they couldn't stab those little quooks in the heart and endure themselves for it.

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,780 Founders Club

It Sounds like Keith Reynolds is showing up as well. I liked his senior film and thought he was a little underrated coming out of HS.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,490 Standard Supporter

In terms of athletic ability? You're grossly overrating Rogers.

What are we going to ask this guy to scramble or make plays on the run? Because Browning almost never did that.

His best play in that regard was getting his head taken off while throwing an interception @ Utah in 2018. Which lead to a touchdown later.

It's well documented here that Pete not challenging browning was a huge problem with his tenure. He got Haener of course, but no one believes he was what he became under DeBoer.

edited August 15

Arm talent and overall mobility and athleticism, yes. Brownsocks shits on this guy. lul. He's a poor man's Browning.

I can't believe UW fans are sucking the cock of a Mike Leach QB who has a below median CFB passer rating and needs to throw the ball 600 times to get his stats. He's a limp wristed dink and dunker. Fisch probably has the chops to get a productive season out of Rogers, but the hype is typical doog bullshit. This is the exact guy UW ate for fucking lunch for almost a decade when WSU ran that offense.

You? had better run the ball and protect the QB. Oh, wait, OL is the worst unit on the entire team? DOOG! DOOG! DOOG!

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,338 Swaye's Wigwam

Im glad we? have Rogers. High floor at least and I doubt he'll have a visible pee stain on his pants if he's still starting for the whiteout game

Stopped reading where you said Browning had arm talent.

He had a lot of wins and maybe some of those looked great to quooks but Petersen put everything around him and he still limped to a conference championship and fucked another.

2017 the rest of the league was down and UW still didn't even make the game because of him.

You haven't watched a second of Will Rogers if you think Browning didn't have "arm talent".

edited August 15

I've already made my case with both quarterbacks so at around 11 tonight when you stumble back here drunk and read this you should maybe just agree to disagree. Again both quarterbacks were put in completely different situations and Browning sucked starting with USC like others have said. Winning the conference was a function of everything around him. They couldn't even run all of the route trees they wanted to with him.

Browning arm talent? Especially after he got whatever injury he had in 2016. I remember watching the extended highlights of games and just so many fucking passes where Pettis has to run like back into frame to catch a pass from Browning because his arm talent was so bad. I don't know, maybe pick an actual Leach QB to compare Rogers to like Luke Falk or one of the Texas Tech guys?

A positive of Rogers over Browning could be his ability to play in hostile environments. Browning earned his nickname on here but falling apart in high pressure situation. Rogers has put up numbers and played in SEC environments for years so he should be an improvement there and won't crumble at Penn State or Oregon because of setting.