Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Time to Lightly Doog - Offense

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,250 Swaye's Wigwam

I was breaking down a projected depth chart recently and realized I like the team more than I thought I would. I'm still not predicting fireworks, but here's why I feel good about the team (defense in another post) with no negativity. We know what to worry about already.

QB - #1 Will Rogers #2 Demond Williams Jr.

I didn't hear people mention Rogers is the second leading all-time passer from the SEC until recently and would have been #1 had he stayed. Leach had prolific passers in the Pac-12 which didn't mean they were studs but he's easily one of the best QBs in the Big 10 and good enough. For example, if he was the starter in 2021, UW could have won as many as 10 games, even with Jimmy.

Williams is an exciting guy waiting in the wings who is about as exciting a backup as they've had in a long, long time.

RB - #1 Jonah Coleman #2 Cam Davis

Watching Coleman's tape makes me depressed UW couldn't have gotten a guy like him the past two seasons. He's the best back UW has had since Gaskin and he kind of looks like bigger Gaskin. Davis is a very solid #2 and was great when we needed 1-3 yards in 2022, quietly scoring a ton of TDs.

WR - #1 Denzel Boston #2 Jeremiah Hunter #3 Giles Jackson #4 Rashid Williams #5 Kevin Green Jr. #6 Keith Reynolds

Boston is a major tipping point. There's talk about him being there with the three guys who got drafted last year and I want to believe it and at the least he has the body and looks the part with movement to be that. Hunter is mega underrated, super productive in Justin Wilcox' offense/QB torture chest in Berkeley. Giles was huge when called upon last year and the younger receivers below have been called out during practice.

TE - #1 Quentin Moore #2 Keleki Latu

I'm dooging on Moore simply because on Dillon Johnson's first big run against USC he blocks three damn guys which makes the play. At worst, he's a great blocking TE. Latu is huge so there's that.

OL - LT Soane Faasolo LG Gaard Memmelaar (I think he's not hurt?) C Landen Hatchett (sounding promising) RG Zachary Henning RT Drew Azzopardi

A healthy Memmelaar and Hatchett is getting me dooging. I'm only really worried about LT here as Henning was the best non starter on the UW OL last year by the end of seasons according to some. Having the Ohio State and Portland State transfers as backups is nice.

Comments