Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pray for Stanford

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Our esteemed colleagues and friends at Stanford are having a hard time these days. Normally, a group of people self-described as being too focused on the next start-up to be all that concerned about geo-political matters (leave that to the Berkeley kids), the campus of the Tree is as embroiled in Pro-Palestinian Jew hating as any campus in the country.

Only when the spineless interim Prez saw what happened to his friends at Penn and Harvard did Furd come out and say, "yeah, calls for genocide are not ok."

The real story at Stanford is not about the malicious actors who endorse sexual assault and murder as forms of resistance, but about those who passively enable them because they believe their side can do no wrong. You don’t have to understand what you’re arguing for in order to argue for it. You don’t have to be able to name the river or the sea under discussion to chant “From the river to the sea.” This kind of obliviousness explains how one of my friends, a gay activist, can justify Hamas’s actions, even though it would have the two of us—an outspoken queer person and a Jewish reporter—killed in a heartbeat. A similar mentality can exist on the other side: I have heard students insist on the absolute righteousness of Israel yet seem uninterested in learning anything about what life is like in Gaza.

This is a great piece, and is eye opening.

Hope this works:

https://archive.li/5hkLb#selection-1177.0-1177.811

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 29

The people I have known over the years who spout the Palestinian crap have not even bothered to read up on the history. They are ignorant and they are simply followers who need something in their pathetic lives to feel like part of a group.

To be gay or Jewish and side with animals like Jew hating and gay murdering hamas just goes to show you how pathetically non-thinking and goose stepping these followers are. The rat parents raise non-thinking, blue ribbon kids, the kids go to college, get indoctrinated by liberals who only want to live in that cocoon that is a college campus. The campus where no one is challenged and the real world is only a figment of someone's imagination. Those liberal indoctrinated, blue ribbon little sweethearts graduate and then go back to that cocoon to start the process all over again. No other political perspective allowed, just like minded rats.

These teachers, administrators and students are standing shoulder to shoulder with Jew haters who have zero problem with their rapes, murders and child beheadings. It makes Selma seem like a big waste of time.

• Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,591
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

No other political perspective allowed

It's ironic when the most liberal of liberals don't realize what they're fighting for. Who wants to bring this up at the next protest?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/12/04/palestines-abortion-problem/

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The Atlantic is your source?

• Options

You're on a roll today ese.

If the Atlantic is posting a piece that exposes liberal Pro-Palestine bananas at Furd, then you know it must be pretty bad.

Or are you trying to say that the Atlantic is a right wing Nazi publication?

First the abortion issue. Now you're siding with the terrorists. What are we going to do with you Pawz?

• Options
    edited March 29

I have to say, I agree with 100% of this 100%. Especially the history part. It is FUCKING STAGGERING how poorly informed they are on the issue about which they are screaming so loudly.

@pawz , you need to reel this shit in right now.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 29

I’m not screaming.

As noted in a previous post, I’m familiar with the history. Maybe I should stop reading books?

It seems myopic to reduce the history to O7. A technique used similarly to curry favor for the Ukraine war - reducing the history to Feb ‘22.

Especially for a tribal dispute that goes back millennia.

Again I’m going to get pilloried for this, but I intend to keep an unemotional, even keel demeanor during the evaluation of this conflict. Sorry not sorry if that outcome is disfavored.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Unfortunately, and we know you know this, but the Arab world (and the mythical Palestinians) and Muslims have been trying to off the Jews since the founding of Israel which was a bit before October 7, 2023. That is still their intended purpose. If having the Jews either submit to death or just decide to abandon Israel (and go where?) is your solution that does indeed appear to be unemotional and also delusional as letting Hamas retain control of Gaza. I mean we de-nazified Germany for some reason after round 2. In round 1, we left the Germans intact as a self-governing nation. That turned out well.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,420
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was 11 for the 6 day war in 1967. Israel was restrained. 1974 Isreal was restrained

Every time the enemy reloads and comes back. I knew as a youth who I'd prefer to live with and who shared values with America

Emotions got nothing to do with it

• Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,591
    Swaye's Wigwam

Exactly. The further back we go, the worse the Pali's actions look.

Broken peace accords

Repeated rejection of two state solution

Hamas theft of foreign aid.

FFS- Israel is willing to hand over murderers to get their hostages back. All the while Hamas hides in plain sight and places hostages in civilians homes.

The fact that Hamas leaders live in Qatar should be evident they don't give a shit about their people. They want conflict to line their pockets. Then they want Jews dead. Everywhere. This isn't debatable.

Oct 7th wasn't the only reason to go to war- but it was the last reason.

• Options

Well, the bleeding hearts are gonna bleed, because Bibi is going to fucking finish this fucking thing like the Allied Forces finished Germany. Completely.

I don't see Israel ever coming to the table with Palestinian state advocates ever again. Why should they? Those fucking people are going to continue shooting missiles and launch sneak attacks here and there. But big picture, none of them can pick a real fight with Israel. Gadflies.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 30

The Atlantic has had one of the worst cases of TDS in all of publishing. Since 2016.

I have no patience for anything they might have to say.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 30

Thank you. I'm aware of the history. I read books.

I'm not suggesting Hamas have control of anything.

I'm still viewing the conflict with pre-O7 eyes.

O7 was heinous. But how is it materially different than any other murderous dust-ups in that conflict? Of which there are many.

To be clear, I'm not condoning any of it.

Everybody thinks they are the biggest victim.

I'm only acknowledging shit-heads on both sides. How do you plan to deal with them and all their culpability? The goal shold be a lasting peace.

I think the younger generation is ready for it.

Until they aren't.

• Options
    EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 1,574
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Same rag that published the “soldiers are losers” libel at Trump that nobody with him that day verified that they heard, including those like Bolton who hated Trump.

Must be nice to be a Leftist, where you can just make something up and it becomes national news for a week in this case, or with the Steele Dossier, years including investigations they now admit were based on lies to a FISA court and information from Steele they knew wasn’t accurate. No consequences for any of it, either.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I don’t view terrorists as people. And it’s an entire city-state of brainwashed terrorists.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

"I'm only acknowledging shit-heads on both sides. How do you plan to deal with them and all their culpability? The goal shold be a lasting peace.

I think the younger generation is ready for it."

Soft headed weak ass moral equivalency argument. Gaza was safe on October 6. Then it wasn't for some reason. Israel had a thousand plus live citizens on October 6 and then it didn't. Was it retired Hamas elders that murdered, raped and beheaded the Israeli citizens or was it the younger generation? Israel is dealing with the culpable people. When the solution that will satisfy the young Gazans is "From the River to the Sea" as the goal for lasting peace, they need to be taught differently. You say that you understand history and then ignore it and make excuses.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

100% this.

It's embarrassing how much traction Hamas support has gained in American congress.

The ME is a clusterfuck, I'm siding with the one country upholding western values.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I just don’t like Muslims. Pretty simple actually. They are our enemies and will always be until Islam has some sort of enlightenment