Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's Simple

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

18 games... maybe 19 since year one is a 13 game season... Well, maybe 20 counting a bowl (assumed).

That said... saying shit like "Stanford has the top ranked defense in college football" as a excuse for Miles looking like shit most of the year is dooging it up to the nth degree..

Also hanging on to this 10 win including the bowl nonsense when we ripped Sarks ass for his conference record is doogish.

Now I'm reading that Cal is making certain fucktards nervous.

Christ..

A few months ago we heard how Sark left all this talent, Petersen is than man, he will win big right away, sweatpants boners.... Now it's all about how HNMT and Stanford has the 1985 Bears defense.

I'm with Damoan to a degree. Miles looked horrible because he is at this point. Stanford helped that along. No way around it, Washington has the worst offense in the Pac-12 right now.

I posted TSIO Saturday night, partly sarkastically but also because starting 0-1 means that we're most likely out of the division & league title running, one game in. Same shit that was so maddening with Sark.

And yet I'm still very doogishly hopeful for the future. We just don't know how far out that horizon is yet.
    Only if you think Stanford is going unbeaten the rest of the way. UW still holds the rest of the division in their own hands.

If you don't think UW will get any better then you don't think Petermen can coach
    Ever so quietly, my inner doog predicts an 9 game undefeated run with a playoff bid.

I think the offense will get better. But they can improve quite a bit from Saturday and still be just average. Even with great defense, which I'm starting to think we might have, average offense doesn't win the Pac-12 this year.
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370

Stop making excuses and demand wins.

If Petersen is the coach we expect, he will prove it. Soon.

Until then, stop sucking his dick like a bunch of fucking doogs.

Where are you witnessing that? I've seen plenty of disgust these past five weeks. And it is a breath of fresh air to see Peterman owning up to responsibility, another sign of change at Huskyville.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Its a doog excuse when it is used several years into a coaches time of employment. If Petermen were unknown like Sark or a known fucktard like Ty you might have a point. But you don't.

Reasons only become excuses when they aren't a reason anymore. To just post win or get out for the next two years would be pretty fucking boring, like most Freemont posts

Stanford lost to Sark.

How could we POSSIBLY beat them?

CHRIST.
    That must be why so many posters thought we would win and are pissed that we didn't

Just stop. You're embarrassing the old guard
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I haven't seen a ton of this insane dooging some are claiming. A few comments here and there but overall after the game Saturday most people were pissed and got on Petersen for a shitty coached half of football with his huge unnecessary gambles. Most came to terms that this team isn't going to be doing much this season as it is clear there is some cleaning up to do.

One of the big things before the season that a lot of people, myself included, swung and miss on is that the O Line was going to be one of the better in the Pac (clearly not the case) and that Miles would step in and be just as productive as Price (also not the case). The problem was too much pre season doogin

As long as this risky coaching shit with Petersen doesn't become a pattern i don't see any reason to panic which seems to be the reaction a lot of people want. Watching the team as the season goes along is what I will be watching out for to see if there is noticeable improvements. The only game left on the schedule that is a for sure loss to me is @Oregon. Now in no way do I think we win the rest, but at the very least we shouldn't be getting plungered by anyone like Sark.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I haven't seen many excuses. Almost everyone agrees that the fake punt was a terrible coaching call. Miles and the offense sucked. It's not dooging to say Stanford has a very good defense. It's a fact.

I do think this bye will be telling and is an opportunity for Peterman to show what he can do. What adjustments can they make on offense to get them playing at a high level? Petersen should get an opportunity to win 10 games.

Don't confuse discussions over play calls, formations, etc. with doogish excuses like "we have no talent". Additionally, Stanford having the best defense didn't win them the USC game. So while it is a legit cause for concern going into the game, it doesn't mean they can't be scored on.

PS, thanks for the FREE PUB!!1!, we good now.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I haven't seen a ton of this insane dooging some are claiming. A few comments here and there but overall after the game Saturday most people were pissed and got on Petersen for a shitty coached half of football with his huge unnecessary gambles. Most came to terms that this team isn't going to be doing much this season as it is clear there is some cleaning up to do.

One of the big things before the season that a lot of people, myself included, swung and miss on is that the O Line was going to be one of the better in the Pac (clearly not the case) and that Miles would step in and be just as productive as Price (also not the case). The problem was too much pre season doogin

As long as this risky coaching shit with Petersen doesn't become a pattern i don't see any reason to panic which seems to be the reaction a lot of people want. Watching the team as the season goes along is what I will be watching out for to see if there is noticeable improvements. The only game left on the schedule that is a for sure loss to me is @Oregon. Now in no way do I think we win the rest, but at the very least we shouldn't be getting plungered by anyone like Sark.

PLSS dared to say this might very well be a 8-9 win team and was buried in hate mail. Do you recall that?

PLSS dared to say this might very well be a 8-9 win team and was buried in hate mail. Do you recall that?
    Yup and it goes along with my point about the hardcore pre season dooging. Many just assumed there would be no tear down and it was simple as same talent + better coach = more wins, not the case.

I agree with your sentiment about trying to rationalize the Stanford loss though by saying they are some juggernaut. We lost, we aren't nearly the team most thought we were pre season. It isn't Petersen bashing (although most agree that was a terrible 2nd half coaching job), it is just realizing that the team is mediocre at best again.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I do

There was a lot of optimism. Probably too early to get rid of it all, but there are some warning signs that we glossed over. There was a general exuberance that we finally have a real coach again. Your last couple of posts in this thread are spot on.

I have an issue of the over use and distortion of the term doog. It is a sacred term, not to be thrown around wildly like it is by certain posters. There are specific things that make a person a doog. And there just isn't any evidence that there is wild dooging going on, on this board.

There is still optimism and there is panic now. Abundance
    Can I pinpoint specific doogs? Not throwing the term out there all willy nilly and such, but there are some that need to be bicth slapped.

I do

There was a lot of optimism. Probably too early to get rid of it all, but there are some warning signs that we glossed over. There was a general exuberance that we finally have a real coach again. Your last couple of posts in this thread are spot on.

I have an issue of the over use and distortion of the term doog. It is a sacred term, not to be thrown around wildly like it is by certain posters. There are specific things that make a person a doog. And there just isn't any evidence that there is wild dooging going on, on this board.

Can I pinpoint specific doogs? Not throwing the term out there all willy nilly and such, but there are some that need to be bicth slapped.

If there is specific doogery it should be pointed out
    I think it also shows just how much of a cancer Sark really was. USC has a long rebuild ahead following Kiffin/Sark.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I haven't seen many excuses. Almost everyone agrees that the fake punt was a terrible coaching call. Miles and the offense sucked. It's not dooging to say Stanford has a very good defense. It's a fact.

I do think this bye will be telling and is an opportunity for Peterman to show what he can do. What adjustments can they make on offense to get them playing at a high level? Petersen should get an opportunity to win 10 games.

Don't confuse discussions over play calls, formations, etc. with doogish excuses like "we have no talent". Additionally, Stanford having the best defense didn't win them the USC game. So while it is a legit cause for concern going into the game, it doesn't mean they can't be scored on.

I do agree about blaming the talent. We may not have championship level talent or the talent to hang 35 on Stanford, but there was enough talent to win the game.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I do

I didn't want to give them any FREE PUB!!1! They know who they are.

FREE PUB!!1! is sacred.

I think it also shows just how much of a cancer Sark really was. USC has a long rebuild ahead following Kiffin/Sark.

Blaming the previous coach, when the previous coach won a Rose Bowl and its 5 years later, to protect Ty was the height of being a doog. I think one can build a non doog case that Sark was not a great recruiter, ran a loose ship, and did not develop talent. That will have to be overcome and I don't think it is doogish to say so

However, we have seen at many places that it doesn't take years, it takes about a year. This year will be a test of patience.
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    See this thread for example http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/9310/way-too-fucking-early-schedule-breakdown/p1

Optimism is ok. We are fans after all. And the analysis after the games here is generally not trying to find excuses too much.

I do

I didn't want to give them any FREE PUB!!1! They know who they are.

FREE PUB!!1! is sacred.

Kiss and make up time
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Disagree. You give USC Malzahn or another top coach and they win the South and maybe even sneak into the playoff.

I do agree about blaming the talent. We may not have championship level talent or the talent to hang 35 on Stanford, but there was enough talent to win the game.
    I thin that's why most of were upset - we thought and still think we should have won. Petermen is supposed to be our edge in games where we may have a slight talent gap. Or even a larger one. That was the true genius of James. He beat USC and Michigan in 1977 when we were way undermanned from a talent standpoint. James weakness was beating teams he was supposed to