Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's Simple

13»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I think it also shows just how much of a cancer Sark really was. USC has a long rebuild ahead following Kiffin/Sark.

Blaming the previous coach, when the previous coach won a Rose Bowl and its 5 years later, to protect Ty was the height of being a doog. I think one can build a non doog case that Sark was not a great recruiter, ran a loose ship, and did not develop talent. That will have to be overcome and I don't think it is doogish to say so

However, we have seen at many places that it doesn't take years, it takes about a year. This year will be a test of patience.
    Some would even say about 18 games...
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Agree 100% with Damone about the need to burn it all down by Petersen and how much we overestimated how difficult that process would be for the players left over.

Unlike Kim, I understand that shit needed to be burned to the ground. As a leader you can't come in and do things halfway, that will only lead to mediocre results down the line. Petersen right now knows the players that have no chance in his system, he knows there is basically nothing he can do to get them on board. But he also knows the players from the previous staff that have bought in, and he knows the guys he recruited are in for the process. He must coach to those guys and not bow down to those that don't buy in because they have to go to class, they can't half-ass practice, they can't be late for meetings, etc. If starts laying down for those players just to get them to play a little bit better, everything he is trying to build will be at risk.

I was full doogin' before the season, it is probably why I thought we would win 11 games. I thought it would be a pretty easy road to get to that win total, especially for a coach as good as Petersen. But like he has said over and over, this process is not easy and it is not for everyone, and that has definitely shown on the field at times.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I haven't seen a ton of this insane dooging some are claiming. A few comments here and there but overall after the game Saturday most people were pissed and got on Petersen for a shitty coached half of football with his huge unnecessary gambles. Most came to terms that this team isn't going to be doing much this season as it is clear there is some cleaning up to do.

One of the big things before the season that a lot of people, myself included, swung and miss on is that the O Line was going to be one of the better in the Pac (clearly not the case) and that Miles would step in and be just as productive as Price (also not the case). The problem was too much pre season doogin

As long as this risky coaching shit with Petersen doesn't become a pattern i don't see any reason to panic which seems to be the reaction a lot of people want. Watching the team as the season goes along is what I will be watching out for to see if there is noticeable improvements. The only game left on the schedule that is a for sure loss to me is @Oregon. Now in no way do I think we win the rest, but at the very least we shouldn't be getting plungered by anyone like Sark.

PLSS dared to say this might very well be a 8-9 win team and was buried in hate mail. Do you recall that?
    I do

There was a lot of optimism. Probably too early to get rid of it all, but there are some warning signs that we glossed over. There was a general exuberance that we finally have a real coach again. Your last couple of posts in this thread are spot on.

I have an issue of the over use and distortion of the term doog. It is a sacred term, not to be thrown around wildly like it is by certain posters. There are specific things that make a person a doog. And there just isn't any evidence that there is wild dooging going on, on this board.

There is still optimism and there is panic now. Abundance
    I didn't want to give them any FREE PUB!!1! They know who they are.

FREE PUB!!1! is sacred.

Kiss and make up time
    :-*
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

I think it also shows just how much of a cancer Sark really was. USC has a long rebuild ahead following Kiffin/Sark.

Blaming the previous coach, when the previous coach won a Rose Bowl and its 5 years later, to protect Ty was the height of being a doog. I think one can build a non doog case that Sark was not a great recruiter, ran a loose ship, and did not develop talent. That will have to be overcome and I don't think it is doogish to say so

However, we have seen at many places that it doesn't take years, it takes about a year. This year will be a test of patience.
    Sark's recruiting style was to offer every player on the west coast who was in the Scout/Rivals/ESPN 150 as early as possible. He landed a lot of those guys but if you looked at their offer sheets they SUCKED (He would beat schools like Cal/WSU/shitty Arizona etc). The offer sheets of Petersen's players so far has been much more impressive.
  • Disciple_2_HoleDisciple_2_Hole Member Posts: 122

I haven't seen a ton of this insane dooging some are claiming. A few comments here and there but overall after the game Saturday most people were pissed and got on Petersen for a shitty coached half of football with his huge unnecessary gambles. Most came to terms that this team isn't going to be doing much this season as it is clear there is some cleaning up to do.

One of the big things before the season that a lot of people, myself included, swung and miss on is that the O Line was going to be one of the better in the Pac (clearly not the case) and that Miles would step in and be just as productive as Price (also not the case). The problem was too much pre season doogin

As long as this risky coaching shit with Petersen doesn't become a pattern i don't see any reason to panic which seems to be the reaction a lot of people want. Watching the team as the season goes along is what I will be watching out for to see if there is noticeable improvements. The only game left on the schedule that is a for sure loss to me is @Oregon. Now in no way do I think we win the rest, but at the very least we shouldn't be getting plungered by anyone like Sark.

PLSS dared to say this might very well be a 8-9 win team and was buried in hate mail. Do you recall that?
    I do

There was a lot of optimism. Probably too early to get rid of it all, but there are some warning signs that we glossed over. There was a general exuberance that we finally have a real coach again. Your last couple of posts in this thread are spot on.

I have an issue of the over use and distortion of the term doog. It is a sacred term, not to be thrown around wildly like it is by certain posters. There are specific things that make a person a doog. And there just isn't any evidence that there is wild dooging going on, on this board.

FREE PUB!!1! is sacred.

Hey dipshit I wasn't calling you a doog. Christ
    After your free pub podast shoutout they were talking about doog of the week? What part of my poast didn't you comprehend? Are your eyes and ears not as good as mine? FMFYFE

I do

FREE PUB!!1! is sacred.

Hey dipshit I wasn't calling you a doog. Christ
    After your free pub podast shoutout they were talking about doog of the week? What part of my poast didn't you comprehend? Are your eyes and ears not as good as mine? FMFYFE
    Huh?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I do

My bad, I thought we used it like "Smurf" here.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

James weakness was beating teams he was supposed to

Huh?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

James weakness was beating teams he was supposed to

Huh?
    He lost a lot of little ones

1985 ring a bell?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Its a doog excuse when it is used several years into a coaches time of employment. If Petermen were unknown like Sark or a known fucktard like Ty you might have a point. But you don't.

Reasons only become excuses when they aren't a reason anymore. To just post win or get out for the next two years would be pretty fucking boring, like most Freemont posts

In this thread there is a disconnect between what the expectation for this season is (and was) vs. Petersen longer term. I don't think anyone has let their Petersen Sweatpants boner go soft, but many have started to say stupid doogish shit about the teams performance this season. I know it's an unpopular take on things, but I have watched five games, not one. I see that patterns have developed, much like it golf, if you will.

HoustonHusky posted yesterday that Washington and Coleman are better now than Polk was in 2009. That's the kind of horseshit that needs to stop.
    How is this possible when they've only played one game?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,364 Founders Club

Agree 100% with Damone about the need to burn it all down by Petersen and how much we overestimated how difficult that process would be for the players left over.

Unlike Kim, I understand that shit needed to be burned to the ground. As a leader you can't come in and do things halfway, that will only lead to mediocre results down the line. Petersen right now knows the players that have no chance in his system, he knows there is basically nothing he can do to get them on board. But he also knows the players from the previous staff that have bought in, and he knows the guys he recruited are in for the process. He must coach to those guys and not bow down to those that don't buy in because they have to go to class, they can't half-ass practice, they can't be late for meetings, etc. If starts laying down for those players just to get them to play a little bit better, everything he is trying to build will be at risk.

I was full doogin' before the season, it is probably why I thought we would win 11 games. I thought it would be a pretty easy road to get to that win total, especially for a coach as good as Petersen. But like he has said over and over, this process is not easy and it is not for everyone, and that has definitely shown on the field at times.

I know we don't deal in hypotheticals, but if all things were equal except Keith Price was still our QB for this entire season, would we still be expecting 11 wins this year?

I agree with Roaddawg that to single out Miles alone for what went wrong vs. Stanford is ridiculous and wrong. But was his bad play glaring enough that having Price there would have made the difference? I dare say we would have beat Stanford by 7-10 points, and I wasn't even a big time Price fan, just a fan.

The offensive line is going to take some time to reconstruct, the jury is still out on Smith as a playcaller, and we're all wondering what's up with Kasen Williams' lack of involvement. But maybe we're not as far away as things seemed on Saturday.

I know we don't deal in hypotheticals, but if all things were equal except Keith Price was still our QB for this entire season, would we still be expecting 11 wins this year?

I agree with Roaddawg that to single out Miles alone for what went wrong vs. Stanford is ridiculous and wrong. But was his bad play glaring enough that having Price there would have made the difference? I dare say we would have beat Stanford by 7-10 points, and I wasn't even a big time Price fan, just a fan.

The offensive line is going to take some time to reconstruct, the jury is still out on Smith as a playcaller, and we're all wondering what's up with Kasen Williams' lack of involvement. But maybe we're not as far away as things seemed on Saturday.
    The only reason I am being as hard on Miles as I am is because he was the doog's savior less than a year ago.

He also played like shit, but that's another story.