Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to rivercitybirdie

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

but a thread on "jen cohen's breasts" or "i wonder what her pubic hair looks like" go on for hundreds of responses.

And?

I responded to that idiot’s lady garden thread with what I thought was a rather tame cartoon to tease them, but it was either deleted/never got posted. And now they’re banned. SAD!

Maybe I misread the situation and @rivercitybridie wanted to just talk Beaver football.
    We talk beaver here! So I don’t think that was his intent.
    Capital “B” Beaver 🦫 (as in the Corvallis team) or lowercase “b”, um, beaver 🌳?

Look, I don’t know what that person’s intent was, but it was tacky/tone deaf thread title.
    You know which beav I was referring to…

Was it the Jen cohen beav one that got deleted? Don’t know that was him. I’m sofa king confused.
    I didn’t see the Jen Cohen one, only the one rivercitybirdie entitled something like “discuss women’s pubic hair”. (My memory is fuzzy as it was super late.)

Sadly I think as the team/site gets more popular the mods will probably need to deal with more of this nonsense.

Maybe it’s tim for new poasters to have to sign off on a waiver or institute a set of terms & conditions where the new fish acknowledges that this is a wretched hive of scum and villainy and they assume all risks associated with malarkey.
    So he was getting waxed and then tried to overcompensate to fit in and when it was removed he quit?
    Possibly. I'm not a mod, so I don't know all the details.

Either way, bored now and turning this soap opera off. We've got DWAGS to discuss!!!
    I’m just nervous typing. About anything and everything.

You making the trek to Houston? I heard they’ll be a few wives there.
    Sadly, no. Already had a ski trip booked, but you better believe I'll be watching the game from the lodge!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Surely he looked around a bit before posting? This is like walking into a dive bar where a fight is currently going on, a 60 year old leathery bar fly is flashing her saggy tits, and two dudes are spitting chaw on the sawdust floor, then asking the bartender (who is toothless) where the concierge desk is to get tickets to the opera. Mind-boggling.

Her name is Loretta, and she was waiting for the rest of us girls to join her for after work happy-hour drinks. Really lovely woman if you get a chance to know her.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Surely he looked around a bit before posting? This is like walking into a dive bar where a fight is currently going on, a 60 year old leathery bar fly is flashing her saggy tits, and two dudes are spitting chaw on the sawdust floor, then asking the bartender (who is toothless) where the concierge desk is to get tickets to the opera. Mind-boggling.

He had been around for 4 years. Just recently decided to start shitposting & got his feelings hurt.

I have zero sympathy. This place sorts itself out.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,998
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

He had been around for 4 years. Just recently decided to start shitposting & got his feelings hurt.

I’ve noticed DNC cooling off a little in his older age. You pushing for that seat?

I thought melurkylongtime lurked for 4 yrs.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I’ve noticed DNC cooling off a little in his older age. You pushing for that seat?

I'm too lazy to be a full-tim bully... & there's no way I could unseat dnc the GOAT.

melurky said he lurked for 5 years. riverbirdie created his account over 4 years ago, but maybe ze didn't actually lurk most of that tim.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,998
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I'm too lazy to be a full-tim bully... & there's no way I could unseat dnc the GOAT.

melurky said he lurked for 5 years. riverbirdie created his account over 4 years ago, but maybe ze didn't actually lurk most of that tim.
    Oh.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

but a thread on "jen cohen's breasts" or "i wonder what her pubic hair looks like" go on for hundreds of responses.

And?

I responded to that idiot’s lady garden thread with what I thought was a rather tame cartoon to tease them, but it was either deleted/never got posted. And now they’re banned. SAD!

Maybe I misread the situation and @rivercitybridie wanted to just talk Beaver football.
    In his eighth and final message to me of the evening he said he had just left a voice message with a UW attorney, which I highly doubt, but whatever. When you cross the line to actually threaten me, then I just shut down the account and delete all his content. It's not worth spending anymore time trying to explain the site to him.
    Good for you! What a hollow threat - even if he did call, what's the UW attorney going to do?
  • Options
    Founders Club

And?

In his eighth and final message to me of the evening he said he had just left a voice message with a UW attorney, which I highly doubt, but whatever. When you cross the line to actually threaten me, then I just shut down the account and delete all his content. It's not worth spending anymore time trying to explain the site to him.
    Sorry you have to deal with this type of stuff, Derek.

Yeah, I'm sure the UW attorneys are going to drop everything they are dealing with regarding the cuog/Beavlet lawsuit and focus their energy on this message board.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

And?

What an absolute moron.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When @iDawg was threatened with an attorney the board went poof

No warning just gone
  • Options
    iDawgiDawg Member Posts: 128
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

No warning just gone

Not how I remember it, but I’m old

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't post PMs, but since ze's gone, here it is

if you were honestly trying to help me then i apologize..... but many others weren't trying to help.

the aggressive negative behaviour on here is frankly shocking....... and reflects very very poorly on the UW community..... surely, you don't disagree with that.

and i did some analysis and that first person just posts "very sarcastic - capitain obvious - type" memes....... that is completely pathetic behaviour. maybe you have been here too long... if you've known the person a long time, it might be somewhat different.

can you honestly tell me i'm wrong?
    threads with actual useful content get very little discussion. not sure if you saw the post with Damon Huard's thoughts on the game. 4 responses.. but a thread on "jen cohen's breasts" or "i wonder what her pubic hair looks like" go on for hundreds of responses. have you not seen them?

once again, thanks if you were trying to help.... but maybe you (and the moderators, if they actually exist) could call out some of the very mean-spirited posters.

Welcum to the internet...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,244
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

And?

Good for you! What a hollow threat - even if he did call, what's the UW attorney going to do?
    I cannot wait to fill out my affidavit on my thoughts on leopard pubic hair, I can tell you that much!

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    iDawg said:

No warning just gone

Not how I remember it, but I’m old

I'm older

Sometimes events are changed for dramatic effect
  • Options
    Founders Club

And?

What a complete and actual ponce.
    Chinned for ponce.