Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DMo couch sale

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Wonder when the next time UW will start a local at QB will be

Hopefully never.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I won't be surprised at all if he ends up at Fresno State where Tedford will proceed to make him into one of the top QBs in the nation and then all the fans here are pissed that we let him get away.

Tedfords dead.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I won't be surprised at all if he ends up at Fresno State where Tedford will proceed to make him into one of the top QBs in the nation and then all the fans here are pissed that we let him get away.

Tedfords dead.
    Nah. He is sitting out the bowl for health reasons (probably a procedure) but he is still the HC at Fresno.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Recent history would suggest that it isn’t gonna happen anytime soon. And that’s probably just as well.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Hopefully never.
    Billy Joe downvotes you
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

I bet he ends up at WSU.

1 for 1 trade, Dmo for Ward?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Hopefully never.
    Billy Joe downvotes you
    32 years ago when recruiting was much more limited to geographic footprint and the internet didn't exist. It's fairly evident that WA talent does not measure up against other areas where we can successfully recruit. WA 4/5 star is equivalent to a CA 3 star.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Washington preps used to put a fair amount of guys in the NFL at quarterback. It's been awhile

Flick, Pelluer, MIllen, Chandler, Conklin. Bledsoe, Hobart etc

Washington did fine when the archetype was big strong-armed white boys. When the league changed to a more athletic predominant model it kind of passed us(?) by.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Washington preps used to put a fair amount of guys in the NFL at quarterback. It's been awhile

Washington did fine when the archetype was big strong-armed white boys. When the league changed to a more athletic predominant model it kind of passed us(?) by.
    You mean like Stanback and Locker? Both pretty athletic

That said, I think the only thing I dislike about the portal era is that even fewer of the players are from the region. I know we will still recruit the state and get our share of WA guys. The regional aspect of college sports was one of the best things about it IMO.

Next we are are probably starting Miss State players at QB and RB

That said, ultimately I prefer the portal era - dont twist. But it would be nice for the program to clean up in state.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

I get the feeling UW has a portal QB on the hook.

This. DyMo was content until he wasn't. Did He get a little push to make room for a portal QB or two?
    The coaches probably had 'the talk' with him as an assistant held the door open.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

That said, I think the only thing I dislike about the portal era is that even fewer of the players are from the region. I know we will still recruit the state and get our share of WA guys. The regional aspect of college sports was one of the best things about it IMO.

That said, ultimately I prefer the portal era - dont twist. But it would be nice for the program to clean up in state.
    Neither of those guys could throw a football...
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Neither of those guys could throw a football...
    They could with real coaching

Locker didnt suck with the Titans