Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Does anyone think the up-tempo offense will mask our O-line?

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ said:

No. The OL will perform how they perform regardless of what offense is being run. You can't mask your OL play with a different scheme, in fact, it might make it look even worse.

I'm sure it will make a nice excuse, though. "We are need more time to get these guys understanding the new offense and the blocking schemes." Or something along those lines. Remember all that shit Sark talked about running a pro-style offense in order to prepare our guys for the NFL? What happened to that?

"My offense has withstood the test of time." - Steve Sarkisian 2009-2012

He doesn't seem to be saying this anymore.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

PurpleJ said:

No. The OL will perform how they perform regardless of what offense is being run. You can't mask your OL play with a different scheme, in fact, it might make it look even worse.

I'm sure it will make a nice excuse, though. "We are need more time to get these guys understanding the new offense and the blocking schemes." Or something along those lines. Remember all that shit Sark talked about running a pro-style offense in order to prepare our guys for the NFL? What happened to that?

"My offense has withstood the test of time." - Steve Sarkisian 2009-2012

He doesn't seem to be saying this anymore.

I wish our media wasn't so worried about access and do their fucking jobs. I'd love for them to bring up that quote to Sark and ask him what has changed?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Mickens is the next Jordan Polk. He'll be suddenly seniored going into 2015.

I don't have much faith in a kid who can't catch. Sure he has speed much like J.Polk did but he doesn't appear to be a WR. With Ross, Daniels, Stringfellow coming in plus Taylor back to WR. Not to mention Sark is always bringing in 4 star WR's it's now time for Mickens.

As always I hope I'm wrong on this kid would be nice to see someone in this program make a big leap for once.

Next Jordan Polk??? Mickens had 20 catches despite the drops in his frosh year. Polk didn't have 20 catches in 3 years.

And once again you claim no one has developed in this program.

How do you see your screen with all the shit piled up from your keyboard?

20 catches in 13 games isn't impressive.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,509 Standard Supporter
    tracker said:

dtd said:

Works for Oregon.

It works for Oregon because their players are very well-coached in blocking and staying true to their assignments. . .everyone operates at a high level. It was Kelly's "attention-to-detail" that made it work. Haven't seen that from Sark yet.
    Indeed. However, it does mask talent deficiencies for Oregon.
    edited August 2013

I would like to get excited about Ross, but I remember the reports on Mickens from last year saying the same things.

I watch lots of video on young black men, and Ross looks like a stud. Oregon wanted him badly. For football.

I don't have much faith in a kid who can't catch. Sure he has speed much like J.Polk did but he doesn't appear to be a WR. With Ross, Daniels, Stringfellow coming in plus Taylor back to WR. Not to mention Sark is always bringing in 4 star WR's it's now time for Mickens.

As always I hope I'm wrong on this kid would be nice to see someone in this program make a big leap for once.

Next Jordan Polk??? Mickens had 20 catches despite the drops in his frosh year. Polk didn't have 20 catches in 3 years.

Mickens in 13 games(most of which were starts) in a passing offense only had 20 receptions for 190 yards(9.5 YPC) with a touchdown.

He wasn't very good at all.

Mickens in 13 games(most of which were starts) in a passing offense only had 20 receptions for 190 yards(9.5 YPC) with a touchdown.

Oh come on, do you have any idea how young he is?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

This is why I think OL recruiting/player development is so important. I feel like you can mask average WR's(James era and the 2000 RB title team are proof of that), you can even mask an average RB(rankin had a big year for UW), in college you can mask an average QB if he's smart.

On offense though you can't mask an average to bad OL. They will always be exposed if they are bad. It won't matter what offense you run your OL will be exposed.

Besides Price isn't the type of QB like a Wilson or even a Locker who can "mask" the OL far as sacks given up. The OL will be terrible this year and the no huddle should hurt them as you are running more plays. Just more opportunities to fuck it up.

Well no shit time-needer. Football has always been about the point-of-attack. The OL and TEs !!! Dave Janoski was a
    our featured wide receiver for f*** sake. nothing has changed except our head coach and the quality of oline recruiting.

Ill take Janoski and that Oline anyday over the 14 fucking WR's we have on the roster. Sark has his head so far up his stinkhole he doesn't know if he's running or throwing.

at USC it was quite simple. run the f****** football. student body right. then burn people with Dwayne Jarrett on f****** crossing routes and corner posts. It was such a simple offense and they just flat beat up everybody they played because the oline just crushed the guys in front of them.

UW hasn't been able to do that because Sark hasn't recruited those types of athletes to man the point of attack, so he has to get cute and throw the ball all over the yard. Jesus Sark, call your old buddy Nuss, go visit an Alabama practice. Refresh your memory on what it takes to be a consistent winner at this level.

I prefer the Todd Elstrom being the #1 WR on the 2000 team as an example of line play over WR's. The Lambright coached Janoski teams were not that great, and are not the best example considering they never really won anything.

I do agree with the rest of your post. The problem is, Sark has assembled a bunch of yes men to compose his offensive coaching staff. Nobody reigns him in like Carroll did at USC. He is incredibly predictable as well. If he has an incomplete pass on first down, he runs on second down. If our defense forces a turnover, he tries to go deep every time (This drives me crazy!)

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited August 2013
    PurpleJ said:

I'm sure it will make a nice excuse, though. "We are need more time to get these guys understanding the new offense and the blocking schemes." Or something along those lines. Remember all that shit Sark talked about running a pro-style offense in order to prepare our guys for the NFL? What happened to that?</</b>blockquote>

7-6 on an infinite loop happened.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

Please tell me you really aren't this stupid.

Show me where I said Mickens was good last year.

I was pointing out that comparing him to Polk was another one of your fucking fact free post.

Then you spin it as me being the president of the Mickens' fan club.

Classic Noog move.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited August 2013

This is why I think OL recruiting/player development is so important. I feel like you can mask average WR's(James era and the 2000 RB title team are proof of that), you can even mask an average RB(rankin had a big year for UW), in college you can mask an average QB if he's smart.

On offense though you can't mask an average to bad OL. They will always be exposed if they are bad. It won't matter what offense you run your OL will be exposed.

Besides Price isn't the type of QB like a Wilson or even a Locker who can "mask" the OL far as sacks given up. The OL will be terrible this year and the no huddle should hurt them as you are running more plays. Just more opportunities to fuck it up.

Well no shit time-needer. Football has always been about the point-of-attack. The OL and TEs !!! Dave Janoski was a
    our featured wide receiver for f*** sake. nothing has changed except our head coach and the quality of oline recruiting.

Ill take Janoski and that Oline anyday over the 14 fucking WR's we have on the roster. Sark has his head so far up his stinkhole he doesn't know if he's running or throwing.

at USC it was quite simple. run the f****** football. student body right. then burn people with Dwayne Jarrett on f****** crossing routes and corner posts. It was such a simple offense and they just flat beat up everybody they played because the oline just crushed the guys in front of them.

UW hasn't been able to do that because Sark hasn't recruited those types of athletes to man the point of attack, so he has to get cute and throw the ball all over the yard. Jesus Sark, call your old buddy Nuss, go visit an Alabama practice. Refresh your memory on what it takes to be a consistent winner at this level.

Wow, a very cogent and coherent post...especially the stinkhole part

I was pointing out that comparing him to Polk was another one of your fucking fact free post.

Classic Noog move.

You implied that Mickens wasn't going to be suddenly seniored and wasn't that bad. You even referenced that he had 20 catches like it was good.

It's time to clean up this board as MickDoog/Loser are destroying it.

Classic Noog move.

You implied that Mickens wasn't going to be suddenly seniored and wasn't that bad. You even referenced that he had 20 catches like it was good.

You are a real fucking moron. And I have been trying to type slower for you.

1. You compared him to Polk

2. I provide actual stats that say he did more in 1 year than Polk did in his entire career. Proving once again you pull shit straight out of your ass.

3. You then claim I think Mickens is the 2nd coming of Mario Bailey.

I wonder what would happen if you tried to post without the Noog handbook by your side.

Classic Noog move.

2. I provide actual stats that say he did more in 1 year than Polk did in his entire career. Proving once again you pull shit straight out of your ass.

I wonder what would happen if you tried to post without the Noog handbook by your side.
    Where did I say that?!! Where?!!! Show me one link where I said that?

What a hypocritical post you just made.

Classic Noog move.

Where did I say that?!! Where?!!! Show me one link where I said that?

What a hypocritical post you just made.

Do I really need to explain that to you?

Hint: it might have to do with your normal spin job

HTH:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exaggerate
    BTW

Jaydon Mickens career has 20 receptions for 190 yards(9.5 YPC)

Jordan Polk career had 16 receptions for 191 yards(11.9 YPC)

What a "horrible" comparison comparing those two 4* WR's who have eerily similar stats.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

BTW

What a "horrible" comparison comparing those two 4* WR's who have eerily similar stats.

It is a horrible comparison if Mickens plays another year.

BTW

It is a horrible comparison if Mickens plays another year.
    He'll play this year but I don't think he's going to add much to his totals with Kasen, ASJ, Kevin Smith is back healthy(supposedly), DiAndre Campbell, Kendyl Taylor back at Wr plus three 4* true frosh WR's.

Also I was trying to think of a 4* WR bust off the top of my head and Polk came to mind. I couldn't compare him to the blue collar hard working lunch pale of a WR like Cody Bruns.

BTW

Thanks for the screen shot. This post sums up your entire body of work on this site.

Pure comedy.