Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lanning to aTm

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hopefully he gets hit with all sorts of withdrawal fees.

@Doog_de_Jour says you can’t pull out without warning, you just can’t
    I wish I would’ve pulled out.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m sure Oregon will find a good replacement for Lanning.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Hoping for Taggert energy
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

I wouldn’t mind Kiffen tweets and pressers.
    This is a good poast. Nice job.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I regret to inform Duck fans that it’s over

LMFAO

Btw, too lazy to look at this but isn’t this the Twitter handle that got everything wrong during realignment?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

LOL, from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Lanning

"Texas A&M
    After losing the Pac-12 championship, Lanning accepted the job at Texas A&M for a massive 4-year, $40 million dollar contract making him a top 10 paid coach in college football. Many fans thought this move was a bit quick since he's only been a head coach for 2 years, but it was very necessary given Texas A&M's past failure. During his opening press conference he cited his love for the SEC and was quoted saying, "It just means more down here. I loved my time in Eugene, but the South made me and I missed it every day. There were big games up there, but nothing is quite as big as a Saturday night in the South. I look forward to competing at the highest level and making Texas A&M a winner."

Oregon Retaliation (Night of the Burning Duck)
    Oregon A.D. Rob Mullens publicly shamed Lanning after his departure quoted as saying "Truly unbelievable. We gave this guy a chance, then he goes and does this? Boo him and Loser A&M". Soon after the announcement was made, students and fans took to the street leading to one of the worst disasters in history. It started peacefully as students chanted and walked through campus, but it soon turned deadly as fans caught a glimpse of Lanning landing in College Station. Molotov cocktails were soon crafted and Eugene was ablaze for 7 days and 7 nights. The damage is quoted at $45 million dollars."

I’d contribute but apparently my IP address is currently banned from editing? It says the ban will expire in 3 years.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023

The fucking scenes if this happens

Doesn't this MF have a tattoo of his wife with an Oregon tattoo on her throat?

Yup. He put in more thought to the visual and thematic elements of that tattoo than most Art History grad students do their thesis papers.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2023/01/oregon-ducks-coach-dan-lanning-gets-portrait-tattoo-of-wife-sauphia-with-several-meaningful-symbols.html

Who new Lanning got Jeremy Steven sloppy seconds?

Lanning is Mr. Roast Beef

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,914
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

I wouldn’t mind Kiffen tweets and pressers.
    Kiffen’s son was in Eugene this weekend on a visit.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

So have we decided that Lanning is good now?

To me, he looks and acts coked out every time I see him, but it's hard to argue with results. A couple of losses to Warshington aside, his defense plays impressively well in spite of having Tosh as a DC, and the offense is very well designed and balanced.

Lanning is a good coach with a rivalry game problem.

Maybe he gets it together against UW and Beav, maybe he doesn't.

But he is a southern boy from Tejas, and Oregon having to plug in yet another coach is better for UW than the alternative
    This board has developed brain rot this season.
    doog are back and with our doog boners out.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,829
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

LOL, from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Lanning

"Texas A&M
    After losing the Pac-12 championship, Lanning accepted the job at Texas A&M for a massive 4-year, $40 million dollar contract making him a top 10 paid coach in college football. Many fans thought this move was a bit quick since he's only been a head coach for 2 years, but it was very necessary given Texas A&M's past failure. During his opening press conference he cited his love for the SEC and was quoted saying, "It just means more down here. I loved my time in Eugene, but the South made me and I missed it every day. There were big games up there, but nothing is quite as big as a Saturday night in the South. I look forward to competing at the highest level and making Texas A&M a winner."

Oregon Retaliation (Night of the Burning Duck)
    Oregon A.D. Rob Mullens publicly shamed Lanning after his departure quoted as saying "Truly unbelievable. We gave this guy a chance, then he goes and does this? Boo him and Loser A&M". Soon after the announcement was made, students and fans took to the street leading to one of the worst disasters in history. It started peacefully as students chanted and walked through campus, but it soon turned deadly as fans caught a glimpse of Lanning landing in College Station. Molotov cocktails were soon crafted and Eugene was ablaze for 7 days and 7 nights. The damage is quoted at $45 million dollars."

I’d contribute but apparently my IP address is currently banned from editing? It says the ban will expire in 3 years.
    Deserves Owen in the Tug because it’s telling for someone who never has an opinion.

TITTT

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Alabama is his dream job, and he doesn’t get it by getting his ass handed to him 3-4 times a year in the SEC. He’ll stay at Oregon and a B1G conference where outside of say the top 4 teams is full of a bunch of Stanfords. Get 10-2, 11-2, 12-1 seasons then the Bama job is probably his for the taking in a few years.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought Oregon was a state if Florida stepping stone school.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,596
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't see this leading anything other than him getting an extension. It would be nice to create some chaos at the end of the season but whoever they replaced him with will just magically more than they ever will anywhere else.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,174
    Founders Club

Don't think this makes any sense. He wants to not going to the Big 10 which will now be Ryan Day, James Franklin, a neutered Michigan and his west coast rivals which is a team that offers $5,000 401ks against their NIL deals and one with the worst culture I've ever seen in college football. I assume Phil and Oregon can match any A&M money. Chip left because he got kicked out of college football for writing a university check to a bag man and Mario left for his dream job.

The move for Lanning is to try and keep winning at Oregon and aim for the Alabama job to replace Saban.

Michigan has been neutered?