Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We'll be podding at 9am

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,558 Founders Club
A pod for our pods

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam
    When was the last time UW played this shitty and yet still won?

Is there any reason why we shouldn’t have @PurpleBaze put a jihad on Grubb and whoever the fuck 30 for 30 was?

I’ll take your comments off the air. Thanks pods!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,000 Founders Club
    biak1 said:

Derek — Yes, you pronounced biak1 properly a few pods ago. Please comment on:

1) Tackling is still an issue in Year 2. Improved maybe sorta but still shit overall. I expect the first guy to miss and am rarely disappointed. ASU seemed to get 4-5 yards a run whenever they wanted to, and planned to use 4th downs to go for it. That ramps up even more pressure on the defense, but they got killed on TOP (37:29 to 22:31) because they can’t get the carrier down. Hardcore Husky overreaction aside, is it time to get some different defensive coaches?

2) Disappearance (regression?) of ZTF and Trice. Very little pressure on the other team’s QB, again. The D had 4 TFL and zero sacks. If the D had a lead to play with they may have been more aggressive here.

3) Grubb playcalling I.e. where are the screens? We seemed to be predictable when we’d run the ball and immediately take a 3+ yard loss. Where were Culp and Westy? Weather like this is where a running game steps up and the offense couldn’t fucking do it. Red Zone playcalling continues to be a problem. Call a timeout to run a WR sweep promptly out of bounds? 2 point conversion attempt is a double halfback pass? CHRIST

4) Is Penix hurt or mindfucked? ASU was bringing a lot of pressure and the OL was having difficulty picking it up. Regardless, Penix still forced a horrible first INT and the RPO handoff was awful. Do we ever run RPO anyway? This goes back to #3. Penix had a QBR in the 40s for his worst game rather easily. Shelve the Heisman talk GROZ.

5) OL was an abortion and the worst they’ve played all year. Idk if the playcalling helped at all against the constant blitzing but ASU fucked over Huff’s boys pretty bigly.

6) An ugly win is still a win, but they played like absolute dogshit. The calls for deportation to Gaza were legitimate and warranted.

Looking at questions 2 & 3, how was ASU able to get home on every pressure and we? come up 2 yards short all night (at least until their final possession.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,618 Standard Supporter
    How much did having their asses kissed for beating Oregon and being 6-0 all week impact how they played against ASU?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

For the third game in a row, Washington “didn’t play their best game tonight.”

It kind of looks like Grubb has been figured out. Last night extinguished my dooging, hopefully he can prove me wrong and reignite it.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    Shower or fridge? Knowing what you know now, how do you see the rest of the season playing out for the Huskies?
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    has there ever been a more pathetic tackling husky team
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,789
    haie said:

"ASU played their absolute best game, UW played their worst, and we still won. What more do you want?!"

As James Franklin said, looked like the best two teams in the country out there last night.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,970 Founders Club
    Did ASUs bye play a part?

Some are speculating that ASU had UWs signals scouted which allowed for constantly successful blitzes. Is this plausible or just ultra dooging?
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    edited October 2023
    Not only poor tackling, but play to the whistle. Many times players would let go of the runner, I assume because they think forward progress is stopped, and then they runner would pick up 5-10 more yards.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

Did ASUs bye play a part?

Some are speculating that ASU had UWs signals scouted which allowed for constantly successful blitzes. Is this plausible or just ultra dooging?

I'm gonna come clean that this thought crossed my mind before the first half was even over. Usually when you blitz constantly and live dangerously like that, you eventually get burned, yet nearly every single downfield pass was double covered, nearly every single run call went right to a blitzer, and it never changed the whole game. When you compare the historical effectiveness of that offense against perhaps the worst team in the entire conference, it's just statistically impossible for that defense to be SO in the right place at every right time. To the point I had to wonder, "What the fuck!?"

In the end, this seemed like the doogliest of takes, and Occam's Razor would suggest instead that the Huskies merely continued their now-three-week slide into the toilet.
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    Question for the pod pods

Was that a GOOD 1-6 ASU?
    Do you agree with going for 2 after the pick 6? We could have had a 9 PT lead with just the extra point and subsequent field goal.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    edited October 2023
    If DeBoer leaves after this season for USC, Michigan, or broadcasting because he's not having fun anymore, do we make Grubb HC or let him walk and start over again?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam

If DeBoer leaves after this season for USC, Michigan, or broadcasting because he's not having fun anymore, do we make Grubb HC or let him walk and start over again?

Depends: Does Petersen endorse him?...