Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The narrative that Lanning cost Oregon the game is wrong. UW was just better.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

We won caz penix is not a lil bitch QB that we are accustomed to having. Grubb did some questionable play calling, but got bailed out by the talent. We should thank Junior Adam for getting them here

FOH
    @dnc didnt junior recruit the current WR room? or do i have my coaches mixed up
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

We won caz penix is not a lil bitch QB that we are accustomed to having. Grubb did some questionable play calling, but got bailed out by the talent. We should thank Junior Adam for getting them here

FOH
    @dnc didnt junior recruit the current WR room? or do i have my coaches mixed up
    Pete recruited Jalen and Rome. Not sure who recruited Polk, might have been Adams

He didn't coach any of them worth a damn though.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,018
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

And Penix's interception, as it turned out, meant nothing anyway because Oregon didn't capitalize.

It isn't just about whether or not Oregon could capitalize, but whether or not we would have scored again and gone up by even more.

Lastly, I've not read a serious post by anyone suggesting that UW was just lucky.

The narrative is more out in the national media with the suggestion that Oregon lost because Lanning made some play calling mistakes. It isn't a big narrative on this site, but a couple of posters have fallen for it.

As to the 2018 game you brought up -- sure -- similar situation in terms of coaching criticism -- but switch that game with this game, and Washington is still up 4-3 on Oregon since the last time the Pac12 sent a school to the playoffs.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,786
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

And Penix's interception, as it turned out, meant nothing anyway because Oregon didn't capitalize.

It isn't just about whether or not Oregon could capitalize, but whether or not we would have scored again and gone up by even more.

Lastly, I've not read a serious post by anyone suggesting that UW was just lucky.

The narrative is more out in the national media with the suggestion that Oregon lost because Lanning made some play calling mistakes. It isn't a big narrative on this site, but a couple of posters have fallen for it.

As to the 2018 game you brought up -- sure -- similar situation in terms of coaching criticism -- but switch that game with this game, and Washington is still up 4-3 on Oregon since the last time the Pac12 sent a school to the playoffs.
    That was kind of a weird sequence that got forgotten. I mostly forgot about it until rewatching. More cases of UW beating UW. Drive got screwed by a 3rd and 1 with a weird wrong timed snap then the pick with Rome falling.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TheHB said:

I think it's accurate and a gripe that making everything about Lanning making bad calls there and not getting it is distracting from:

1. The Husky defense doing a great job in tough 3rd and 4th down situations. It's really fucking hard to get modern offenses off the field with losses of down.
    2. The Husky offense and team as a whole making winners win plays

I remember damn well in 2019 and possibly 2018 Mario going for it in tough 4th downs and it really swinging the game by getting it

To me the Huskies having a scheme but also kind of having it be backyard our best players will beat your players instead of Oregon's kind of Petersen like dink and dunk ground control ball control shit which doesn't work in tight moments and when you just plain need to score. The Franklin TD and long pass down the field were set up by shit they had to run for 3 quarters.

I'm kind of tired about the bitching about the Nix sprint out passes. What? You thought he was going to drop back and get the conversions that way? They also tried to run on that third and short where Lanning got the timeout or shit in but the play ran and got fucking blown out. Their short yardage run game was slipping as the game went on. They were also struggling to pass pro.

Some of you might want to shield your eyes as I'm about to posit a hypothetical...

But if Oregon runs a draw play on that final fourth down they probably gain 7-15 yards.
    Also, for those bagging on the sprint out playcall, I’m pretty sure Oregon scored on that play earlier in the game. So there was some positive recent history with it.
    No, they didn't. You're talking about the Herbert TD reception. That play was a direct drop back by Nix, who was in the pocket looking in the middle of the field, that wound up being a broken play. He couldn't find anyone and bailed out to the right, and Herbert saw he was in trouble and found a soft spot in a fair amount of space (because there weren't four other Ducks in the same area) on the right side The sprint outs are designed and everyone moves in the same direction at the snap. Different play altogether.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Sure enough, but that wasn't the point.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Meh. I watched the game as well. Facts are, Oregon outgained WA, outplayed on clock WA and out physicalled WA…none of that matters. Now. The final score is in the books.

Oregon could have won the game a few times over. But they didn’t. Score was 37-34 WA.

Bottom line. Will they meet again like Oklahoma and TX? IDK. Haven’t looked it up far as North/South, East/West…but for now, WA won scoreboard and in the drivers seat.

A lot of games still left to be played.

I can say this, WA is a better matchup for someone like GA if both get there, Oregon and Nix not so much.

Running on GA won’t work. Nix scrambling around and trying to make a play, not so much. Penis is far way and better to make that case for the PAC than Nix. It is and has been proven time and time again. Past and present. There is no discussion on this front….

WA would be way better in a CFP game than OR against the DAWGS . Michigan has no shot. OU and WA is a better comparison or competition than Oregon or Meatchicken.
  • Options

Yeah... I was brining up a new point.
  • Options

I don’t see you rebutting any of my point…after the hard hitting OP…
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    SECDAWG said:

The above exchange was with Creep. Are you his alt?

As to other points made elsewhere, I have't really had time to catch up to all of the 40 comments in this post -- wasn't really expecting more than a couple telling me to fuck off.

I'm currently vacationing in Thailand so can't promise to be glued to the message board 24x7.
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

As to other points made elsewhere, I have't really had time to catch up to all of the 40 comments in this post -- wasn't really expecting more than a couple telling me to fuck off.

I'm currently vacationing in Thailand so can't promise to be glued to the message board 24x7.
    A. Well when you get done with Thai puss, get back with us.
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

My Cambodian dentist is married to a Thai lady and he keeps urging me to forget South Korea and go to Thailand.
    Why not both?
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

My Cambodian dentist is married to a Thai lady and he keeps urging me to forget South Korea and go to Thailand.
    Why not both?
    You did well. 4 pages and in Thai land. And nothing to back up OP or read.

Congrats.
  • Options
    Ok…tired of waiting on a response from my ultimate pod, @GrundleStiltzkin

Bout to eat my Roses wings, ribs, brisket, and watch his absolute fav, whether the faggot agree or not…Once upon a Tim….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lyuwBW9lNa8

Rest can GF. That neans, Get Fucked…

Me and Grumbkeahitnuts are on same page here… he influences ne to get em fucked…

@SECDAWG”, my fucking brotha, my pod, PLEASE make this right and make US good…

No problem, Grumbkeahitduck, I HavE this…
  • Options
    Addendum to Fig Grumble…not “shit dick” (caus all pussy) but absolutely faggotry and missed opportunities….
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,549
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Ok…tired of waiting on a response from my ultimate pod, @GrundleStiltzkin

Bout to eat my Roses wings, ribs, brisket, and watch his absolute fav, whether the faggot agree or not…Once upon a Tim….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lyuwBW9lNa8

Rest can GF. That neans, Get Fucked…

Me and Grumbkeahitnuts are on same page here… he influences ne to get em fucked…

@SECDAWG”, my fucking brotha, my pod, PLEASE make this right and make US good…

No problem, Grumbkeahitduck, I HavE this…

Look bud, it was 2AM Pacific Time when you wrote that. Grumble is sleeping like a normal person.