Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario Cristobal Sends His Thanks

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
Officially off the hook for dumbest dumbfuck in college football.

Lan throws away six gimmee points.

Lan then goes for it on 4th down mid-field with 2 minutes and change left.

I guarantee you that if Don James is coaching that same team, Oregon walks away with a win. He'd never leave the 6 points on the board and he'd have punted on 3rd down.

This should give the Canes a lift for tonight.

Preview of the Pac 12 Championship

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I guarantee you that if Don James is coaching that same team, Oregon walks away with a win. He'd never leave the 6 points on the board and he'd have punted on 3rd down.

Mario’s was still much worse
    Nope. Not worse.

Miami and Georgia Tech don't matter.

This was a T10 matchup, on the road, and your team has played well enough to beat a very good Husky team, and you steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

Face it. He's the new face of dumbfuckery. Mario was able to Washington. People forget that.
    Whatever you say man. No one will remember this in a week outside of Oregon/uw fans. Mario’s will be talked about a decade from now
    Oh yes they will. I'm here.

Miami was 4-0 and barely beating a hapless GT team. It was another fake "Miami is back!" 4-0. This was a much bigger game, and there were more dumb fuck calls. Fortunately for Lan, he'll get another shot at Washington! later on. That is, IF he doesn't cost Oregon another game with "we're aggressive" dumb fuckery.

And frankly, your attitude about the one guy out here who actually knew how to beat Washington has been noted. I expect more intellectual honesty and integrity from a Pomona man.

• Options
    AZDuck said:

I’m the Pomona guy.

Well that explains it.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Mario’s was still much worse
    Right. Lanning’s talent evaluations are so much better too.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,868
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I might get some shit for this, but I honestly don't blame Lanning for going for it in all those situations, except for maybe the last possession. He's thinking that he's had their way against Washington's defense, and that Washington's offense is not going to stop scoring touchdowns.

Instead, I credit our defense for making plays when it mattered most. Clutch. Winner's win.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

bisonduck said:

I might get some shit for this, but I honestly don't blame Lanning for going for it in all those situations, except for maybe the last possession. He's thinking that he's had their way against Washington's defense, and that Washington's offense is not going to stop scoring touchdowns.

Instead, I credit our defense for making plays when it mattered most. Clutch. Winner's win.

He didn’t want to put that game in Penix’s hand. That’s it. I don’t blame and if Penix score you have more time to drive down for the field goal. Just like in 2018, kicker fucked up.
    I get not wanting to put it in Penix’s hands, but he was clearly banged up, and the Oregon defense made some stops in the 2nd half. Why not trust your defense and make him go 80-90 yards?
    UW would have been at the 50 after 1 play if Oregon had punted, and then everyone would have been bitching about why Oregon didn’t go for it.

The decision there was the right one. The playcall was aids. Too much horizontal roll out shit.
    Fair poont. The call was ass, I agree. DeBoer would have gone for it there too.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

bisonduck said:

He didn’t want to put that game in Penix’s hand. That’s it. I don’t blame and if Penix score you have more time to drive down for the field goal. Just like in 2018, kicker fucked up.
    I get not wanting to put it in Penix’s hands, but he was clearly banged up, and the Oregon defense made some stops in the 2nd half. Why not trust your defense and make him go 80-90 yards?
    This.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Holy shit if you are watching the U and UNC I don’t miss Cristoballz at all
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Holy shit if you are watching the U and UNC I don’t miss Cristoballz at all

Don't try and change the subject. I'm somewhere on the ADHD spectrum, but I can focus when needed.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm with @ntxduck. I disagree with every single one of Lanning's 4th down calls, but I also liked Chris Petersen, so I guess according to this board that establishes a long history of being a bitch. Poont is, reasonable people can disagree on the intelligence of going for it on 4th down (statistics suggest it's usually the smart move), but NOBODY ON EARTH can defend losing a game because you run a play instead of taking a knee.

It's the difference between winning the annual Fake Tough Guy Award° and being a total fucking retard, regardless of who beat an entirely different Husky team with an entirely different staff and no big Penix.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's 100% the right call to go for it and end it there.

Not taking the points before half was a big blunder, but 3 yards to ice the game midfield-ish knowing UW gonna score, you do it every time.
  • Options

I'm with @ntxduck. I disagree with every single one of Lanning's 4th down calls, but I also liked Chris Petersen, so I guess according to this board that establishes a long history of being a bitch. Poont is, reasonable people can disagree on the intelligence of going for it on 4th down (statistics suggest it's usually the smart move), but NOBODY ON EARTH can defend losing a game because you run a play instead of taking a knee.

It's the difference between winning the annual Fake Tough Guy Award° and being a total fucking retard, regardless of who beat an entirely different Husky team with an entirely different staff and no big Penix.

Let me help you out, because our feathered friends have confused the conversation.

Mario 3, UW 0

Danning 0, UW 2

Nothing Cristo does or does not do at Miami has a single thing to do with that, so bringing it up is, at best, obfuscation. Miami beating GT in even the medium scheme of things was nothing. By being that close, I knew what was going to happen the rest of the season. Yesterday? Different stakes.

Washington was great yesterday, but Oregon's coach stole the V from his players. It's fairly straight forward. Even Danning admitted that he'd like a do-over on the end of half FG. Uh, yeah? No shit. You lost by 3. If you were smart, you'd want a do-over on the other one too.

Don James won a lot of games kicking field goals on 4th down. Ask @RaceBannon .