Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario Cristobal Sends His Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

It's 100% the right call to go for it and end it there.

Not taking the points before half was a big blunder, but 3 yards to ice the game midfield-ish knowing UW gonna score, you do it every time.

https://x.com/zacharycneel/status/1713645844837323258?s=46&t=8PpuOQDGt7x7oMhDIjws8g

Bo was really bad yesterday. Missed wide open looks on all three 4th downs
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2023

Ice cold take. Lanning grabbed his big nuts and threw them on the table. He took a big dick shot and he missed. And then he owned it in the post game. The big dogs went at it and one had to lose.

Mario, meanwhile, is a limp dick loser. He lost to an irrelevant Georgia Tech team in a game situation with a literal 100% success rate. Then he plunged to new depths of dick flaccidity and threw his own players under the bus for the loss. I hate to break it to you, but your Cuban sensation is the joke of the century. Denial will only prolong the suffering.

Really one of your worst efforts.

You don't need to tell me how shit Cristobal is. But Lanning blew it pretty clearly.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ice cold take. Lanning grabbed his big nuts and threw them on the table. He took a big dick shot and he missed. And then he owned it in the post game. The big dogs went at it and one had to lose.

Mario, meanwhile, is a limp dick loser. He lost to an irrelevant Georgia Tech team in a game situation with a literal 100% success rate. Then he plunged to new depths of dick flaccidity and threw his own players under the bus for the loss. I hate to break it to you, but your Cuban sensation is the joke of the century. Denial will only prolong the suffering.

The "UW is gonna score", after the second half his defense had, is hardly big dick. How do you square that statement with the first thing you said?
    Going for the win clincher on 4th down is big dick. Sucks for Lanning that our guys were just better.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm with @ntxduck. I disagree with every single one of Lanning's 4th down calls, but I also liked Chris Petersen, so I guess according to this board that establishes a long history of being a bitch. Poont is, reasonable people can disagree on the intelligence of going for it on 4th down (statistics suggest it's usually the smart move), but NOBODY ON EARTH can defend losing a game because you run a play instead of taking a knee.

It's the difference between winning the annual Fake Tough Guy Award° and being a total fucking retard, regardless of who beat an entirely different Husky team with an entirely different staff and no big Penix.

Nothing Cristo does or does not do at Miami has a single thing to do with that, so bringing it up is, at best, obfuscation.
    I didn't bring it up, you did. You're the OP of this thread. Your OP said nothing about "biggest dumbfuck against Washington in a big game," it said "biggest dumbfuck in college football." In obvious reference to your lover becoming the poster child of dumbfuck coaching decisions last week.

Your argument was, "What LanningFS did yesterday was worse than what Meat did last Saturday."

It objectively wasn't.
  • Options

The "UW is gonna score", after the second half his defense had, is hardly big dick. How do you square that statement with the first thing you said?
    Going for the win clincher on 4th down is big dick. Sucks for Lanning that our guys were just better.
    Bad call. Better coaches punt. Two goal line stops for Washington. Where'd the confidence come from? I don't see it. His defense was getting stops in the second half.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Bad call. Better coaches punt. Two goal line stops for Washington. Where'd the confidence come from? I don't see it. His defense was getting stops in the second half.
    I'm sure better coaches do punt. Or they draw up a play that works. I'm not crowning Lanning's with anything. But I do respect his swagger.

But Mario? Total joke by unanimous decision. His grandkids will get taunted for it and cry about their shameful lineage.
  • Options

I'm with @ntxduck. I disagree with every single one of Lanning's 4th down calls, but I also liked Chris Petersen, so I guess according to this board that establishes a long history of being a bitch. Poont is, reasonable people can disagree on the intelligence of going for it on 4th down (statistics suggest it's usually the smart move), but NOBODY ON EARTH can defend losing a game because you run a play instead of taking a knee.

It's the difference between winning the annual Fake Tough Guy Award° and being a total fucking retard, regardless of who beat an entirely different Husky team with an entirely different staff and no big Penix.

Nothing Cristo does or does not do at Miami has a single thing to do with that, so bringing it up is, at best, obfuscation.
    I didn't bring it up, you did. You're the OP of this thread. Your OP said nothing about "biggest dumbfuck against Washington in a big game," it said "biggest dumbfuck in college football." In obvious reference to your lover becoming the poster child of dumbfuck coaching decisions last week.

Your argument was, "What LanningFS did yesterday was worse than what Meat did last Saturday."

It objectively wasn't.
    Fair enough. It was hyperbole. That said, all 3 Lanning calls were terrible. I'm taped to the pedals on that one.
  • Options

I'm sure better coaches do punt. Or they draw up a play that works. I'm not crowning Lanning's with anything. But I do respect his swagger.

But Mario? Total joke by unanimous decision. His grandkids will get taunted for it and cry about their shameful lineage.
    Let me counsel you against that. It's an overly used word by teams and organizations who are going to accomplish nothing.
  • Options

It objectively wasn't.
    Fair enough. It was hyperbole. That said, all 3 Lanning calls were terrible. I'm taped to the pedals on that one.
    I’m throwing Bo under the bus after a rewatch. He had wide open touchdowns on all 3.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    ntxduck said:

It objectively wasn't.
    I’m throwing Bo under the bus after a rewatch. He had wide open touchdowns on all 3.
    I didn't think he was sharp either. Penix outplayed him bigly although Nix had good stats. I'm also curious as to why he doens't run as much as he used to and, when he does, he's generally underwhelming. He folds and goes down when the wind blows too hard. His feet aren't the threat they were his first year.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023

ntxduck said:

It objectively wasn't.
    I didn't think he was sharp either. Penix outplayed him bigly although Nix had good stats. I'm also curious as to why he doens't run as much as he used to and, when he does, he's generally underwhelming. He folds and goes down when the wind blows too hard. His feet aren't the threat they were his first year.
    Did you miss that he only has one leg!?

Edit: And I agree with you in that I would have taken both of those field goals, the 4th quarter decision wouldn't have mattered, and I'd have won anyway.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

It objectively wasn't.
    Did you miss that he only has one leg!?
    I mean seriously though. Was it one of those high ankle sprains that takes two years to go away? Like, he's a shell of the runner he was, and he when he does run he's super hesitant and goes down fast. I'm sure they are reminding him the Ty Thompson is who goes it if he goes down. But they are much more dangerous when he's a thread to run it. He's not exactly slight of build either. He should be able to take some punishment.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Nix looked tight

Missed his whisperer

All the Quooks are excited over seeing us in Vegas and I’m confident we’ll? win again.

The pressure on Lanning and Nix to not go 0-3 vs UW will probably kill them.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,000
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

It's 100% the right call to go for it and end it there.

Not taking the points before half was a big blunder, but 3 yards to ice the game midfield-ish knowing UW gonna score, you do it every time.

Bo was really bad yesterday. Missed wide open looks on all three 4th downs
    Dumas.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,000
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

It objectively wasn't.
    I thought he looked better than big Penix 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,639
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

It objectively wasn't.
    I had actually thought Nix was better than Penix. I'm open to other opinions though. Looks to me like a weird route tree on the left with guys too close ala Petersen/Hamden shit and Trice getting pressure saved the day because he would have had to throw to Franklin off his back foot. Getting anyone other than Muhammad on Franklin was basically an automatic big play.

I'll give Crisco beating Washington. It's all about QBs though. UW beats Crisco any of this years if they have Penix. Maybe even easily. He also got the first two because he inherited Herbert, who he probably wouldn't have recruited, and who he made look only above average.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

It objectively wasn't.
    I had actually thought Nix was better than Penix. I'm open to other opinions though. Looks to me like a weird route tree on the left with guys too close ala Petersen/Hamden shit and Trice getting pressure saved the day because he would have had to throw to Franklin off his back foot. Getting anyone other than Muhammad on Franklin was basically an automatic big play.

I'll give Crisco beating Washington. It's all about QBs though. UW beats Crisco any of this years if they have Penix. Maybe even easily. He also got the first two because he inherited Herbert, who he probably wouldn't have recruited, and who he made look only above average.
    The 4th down in the 3rd quarter was way worse. Simple 5 yard pitch to holden
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

It objectively wasn't.
    Nix has great physical traits but has the feel of Jake Locker. He's just not a smooth and natural QB. He gets flustered, panics, and is inaccurate at the most inopportune times. His footwork gets messed up under pressure.

That 4th and 3 was a terrible call too. Two wrs right next to each other running 12 yard routes to get three yards. Head scratcher.