Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anger grows as FEMA workers stay in luxury hotels amid the Maui Wildfires disaster

Comments

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    Come see @HHusky struggle in every thread.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,464

HHusky said:

“FEMA selects where all responders can be centrally located to ensure the most effective response possible. Due to the lack of available lodging, FEMA negotiated government rates, at the lowest possible cost, for staff temporarily staying in the available hotels. As we transition into recovery, staff will move to longer term, more affordable lodging as they fulfill our commitment to support Maui,” the agency said in a statement to NewsNation.

But you girls must have your outrage, of course. (They’re paying $345/night btw.)

Neat, I actually happen to be an expert in this area. I already knew they weren't paying $3k a night. It's not about the rate dumb dumb.

Many of the resorts would probably completely comp the response teams in this case. Axe me how I know.

Good attempt at a deflection though. I assume you picked the talking point up off of your favorite propaganda site.

"Why a failed emergency response is actually a good thing for the residents of Maui."

You put the evacuees in the comped luxury rooms and your ICS team stays in trailers or other makeshift accommodations as close to the response as is safe.

Fema literally has training and positions specifically responsible for optics and conflicts of interest like this. You avoid even the appearance of such things even if they are comped.

Unless you're a Dem and know the useful idiots will lap up whatever your PR department will spin for them.
    The other girls were complaining about the rate. They’re not “in the know” like you, Brenda.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,508 Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:

I look forward to H carrying water even further up the hill when the receipts for Biden's bribes surface from the CCP. It will be entertaining to see the lengths he'll go. Karine Jean-minority hire would blush at his lies.

hardhat said:

I look forward to H carrying water even further up the hill when the receipts for Biden's bribes surface from the CCP. It will be entertaining to see the lengths he'll go. Karine Jean-minority hire would blush at his lies.
    Sounds like you got him!
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“FEMA selects where all responders can be centrally located to ensure the most effective response possible. Due to the lack of available lodging, FEMA negotiated government rates, at the lowest possible cost, for staff temporarily staying in the available hotels. As we transition into recovery, staff will move to longer term, more affordable lodging as they fulfill our commitment to support Maui,” the agency said in a statement to NewsNation.

But you girls must have your outrage, of course. (They’re paying $345/night btw.)

Neat, I actually happen to be an expert in this area. I already knew they weren't paying $3k a night. It's not about the rate dumb dumb.

Many of the resorts would probably completely comp the response teams in this case. Axe me how I know.

Good attempt at a deflection though. I assume you picked the talking point up off of your favorite propaganda site.

"Why a failed emergency response is actually a good thing for the residents of Maui."

You put the evacuees in the comped luxury rooms and your ICS team stays in trailers or other makeshift accommodations as close to the response as is safe.

Fema literally has training and positions specifically responsible for optics and conflicts of interest like this. You avoid even the appearance of such things even if they are comped.

Unless you're a Dem and know the useful idiots will lap up whatever your PR department will spin for them.
    The other girls were complaining about the rate. They’re not “in the know” like you, Brenda.
    Ok so nothing about the inappropriateness of it. Got it.

Steel man your straw man.

Deflect deflect deflect.

Or did you want to respond? I won't hold my breathe diddler.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,579 Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

How do you know?
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,242 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

HHusky said:

How do you know?
    Reread the first sentence.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Deflect deflect deflect.

Inappropriateness of having FEMA staff located near one another. Gee, I wonder if they ever have meetings and planning sessions.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,389 Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

The government won't lie to us
    Investigate to your heart’s content.
    You'll just keep your head up your ass

Too bad Trump doesn't have a hotel on Maui
    Head up ass is no problem for the Dazzler. 7 monkey on a moped could do a U turn in that thing. His proctologist wears a miners helmet.
    MelloDawg said:

HHusky said:

How do you know?
    Without doxing myself I'm highly trained and have been involved in numerous mid-sized responses. I'm on-call on lists for California, and some national lists. I get to be in the leadership trailer for big responses and have been ICS command on small responses(which still even then have public liasons).

During COVID most of you were running to Costco to grab the last toilet paper. I was on calls to figure out how to triage the public infrastructure so society didn't collapse. I even got my special Nazi papers allowing me free movement no matter what the lockdowns said.

Beyond that, my friends, co-workers, and even family have been on some of the biggest responses in the last 20 years or basically since Fema got overhauled after Katrina.

I'll be doing table top drills next month and I guarantee we will be discussing lessons learned of what not to do from Maui.

Emergency response superiority guy, every board has one.

FEMA Training (.gov)
    https://training.fema.gov › nims
    National Incident Management System (NIMS)
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

The government won't lie to us
    Investigate to your heart’s content.
    You'll just keep your head up your ass

Too bad Trump doesn't have a hotel on Maui
    Head up ass is no problem for the Dazzler. 7 monkey on a moped could do a U turn in that thing. His proctologist wears a miners helmet.
    Mall Cop has always been fixated on my ass.

Flattering really.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Deflect deflect deflect.

Inappropriateness of having FEMA staff located near one another. Gee, I wonder if they ever have meetings and planning sessions.
    I hear Vegas has first class facilities for large meetings. I'm sure you'd defend it if they were there no doubt.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Deflect deflect deflect.

I hear Vegas has first class facilities for large meetings. I'm sure you'd defend it if they were there no doubt.
    Aren’t you in on the grift?
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,100 Standard Supporter

MelloDawg said:

HHusky said:

How do you know?
    Without doxing myself I'm highly trained and have been involved in numerous mid-sized responses. I'm on-call on lists for California, and some national lists. I get to be in the leadership trailer for big responses and have been ICS command on small responses(which still even then have public liasons).

During COVID most of you were running to Costco to grab the last toilet paper. I was on calls to figure out how to triage the public infrastructure so society didn't collapse. I even got my special Nazi papers allowing me free movement no matter what the lockdowns said.

Beyond that, my friends, co-workers, and even family have been on some of the biggest responses in the last 20 years or basically since Fema got overhauled after Katrina.

I'll be doing table top drills next month and I guarantee we will be discussing lessons learned of what not to do from Maui.

FEMA Training (.gov)
    Be interesting (NOT) to see mello's non-educational background and experience resume (napping on the government dime).
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Deflect deflect deflect.

Aren’t you in on the grift?
    Not everyone who volunteers for FEMA sucks at the government tit.

The Feds sure to like to make everyone else look bad though.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,089
    HHusky said:

I don’t give a shit about the negotiated government rate, you imbecile.

And the excuse that there wasn’t enough lodging in Kaanapali in fucking August following a natural disaster 5 miles down the road is so beyond absurd I don’t know what to say.

There was an opportunity to stay at the 3 nicest resorts in all of HI and they said fuck it, let’s do it.

It’s bad no matter how you look at it. Bad optics. Bad logistics. Bad explanation.

But no one cares. Tomorrow we’ll have more trump court news to distract us from this shit.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,389 Standard Supporter

MelloDawg said:

HHusky said:

How do you know?

FEMA Training (.gov)
    I did it on the local level for my city.
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

And the excuse that there wasn’t enough lodging in Kaanapali in fucking August following a natural disaster 5 miles down the road is so beyond absurd I don’t know what to say.

There was an opportunity to stay at the 3 nicest resorts in all of HI and they said fuck it, let’s do it.

It’s bad no matter how you look at it. Bad optics. Bad logistics. Bad explanation.

But no one cares. Tomorrow we’ll have more trump court news to distract us from this shit.
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

No, of course you don't care about the rate. I've noticed how quickly you girls have scurried from the rate ($1,000 a night!!!) to some other outrage.

#badoptics!!!

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,089
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

No, of course you don't care about the rate. I've noticed how quickly you girls have scurried from the rate ($1,000 a night!!!) to some other outrage.

#badoptics!!!

I never mentioned cost once. Pay attention, stupid.
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

#badoptics!!!

I never mentioned cost once. Pay attention, stupid.
    How's he expected to conflate an argument that way?

As if it's only the #badoptics too.

Fallacies are his only go to.