Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anger grows as FEMA workers stay in luxury hotels amid the Maui Wildfires disaster

Comments

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,094
    edited August 2023
    Hahahaha

They actually booked the Grand Wailea and Fairmont?

This has to be a joke.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,281
    thechatch said:

Hahahaha

They actually booked the Grand Wailea and Fairmont?

This has to be a joke.

They're just supporting the local economy, is what I'm hearing.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,464
    If they pay the government rate--which is FEMA's claim--who cares?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,928 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    HHusky said:

This is a joke, right?
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

This is a joke, right?
    I asked my question first.

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    Race finds the question too difficult.
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

This is a joke, right?
    Well, I would say that the people of Maui care.

Instead of setting up minutes from the disaster site in nearby Kaanapali, they’re an hour away in Wailea, staying in the 3 most expensive hotels in the Hawaiian Islands.

It’s absurd.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,242 Founders Club

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

This is a joke, right?

Instead of setting up minutes from the disaster site in nearby Kaanapali, they’re an hour away in Wailea, staying in the 3 most expensive hotels in the Hawaiian Islands.

It’s absurd.
    Imagine the howling from hh if this was Trumps FEMA staying in the most expensive hotels.

By all accounts (other than goose stepping rats like hh), biden admin has fucked this up coming and going.
    100% this.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,509 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

This is a joke, right?

It’s absurd.
    Yeah, this is an ICS response and I guarantee the logistics officer presented options for both(or more). Leadership took the chance to stay somewhere they wouldn't normally be able to afford 100% and said screw it to the optics. Public liason was probably shitting bricks.

This is something that gets considered on small million dollar responses. You don't stay at the Sands resort in Laguna if you're cleaning up oil on that beach. It isn't a good look.

HHusky said:

Must

Defend

Everything
    But don't accuse him or @MelloDawg of being partisan hacks. A true conservative and centrist!
    pawz said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

This is a joke, right?

It’s absurd.
    Imagine the howling from hh if this was Trumps FEMA staying in the most expensive hotels.

By all accounts (other than goose stepping rats like hh), biden admin has fucked this up coming and going.
    100% this.

The final distinctive characteristic of Russian propaganda is that it is not committed to consistency. First, different propaganda media do not necessarily broadcast the exact same themes or messages. Second, different channels do not necessarily broadcast the same account of contested events. Third, different channels or representatives show no fear of “changing their tune.” If one falsehood or misrepresentation is exposed or is not well received, the propagandists will discard it and move on to a new (though not necessarily more plausible) explanation. One example of such behavior is the string of accounts offered for the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Russian sources have offered numerous theories about how the aircraft came to be shot down and by whom, very few of which are plausible.27 Lack of commitment to consistency is also apparent in statements from Russian President Vladimir Putin. For example, he first denied that the “little green men” in Crimea were Russian soldiers but later admitted that they were. Similarly, he at first denied any desire to see Crimea join Russia, but then he admitted that that had been his plan all along.28

A propagandist doesn't need to be consistent nor does it matter if they are a hypocrite.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

If you're a partisan retard--who cares?

edited August 2023
    “FEMA selects where all responders can be centrally located to ensure the most effective response possible. Due to the lack of available lodging, FEMA negotiated government rates, at the lowest possible cost, for staff temporarily staying in the available hotels. As we transition into recovery, staff will move to longer term, more affordable lodging as they fulfill our commitment to support Maui,” the agency said in a statement to NewsNation.

But you girls must have your outrage, of course. (They’re paying $345/night btw.)
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,101 Standard Supporter

pawz said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

This is a joke, right?

It’s absurd.

100% this.

The final distinctive characteristic of Russian propaganda is that it is not committed to consistency. First, different propaganda media do not necessarily broadcast the exact same themes or messages. Second, different channels do not necessarily broadcast the same account of contested events. Third, different channels or representatives show no fear of “changing their tune.” If one falsehood or misrepresentation is exposed or is not well received, the propagandists will discard it and move on to a new (though not necessarily more plausible) explanation. One example of such behavior is the string of accounts offered for the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17. Russian sources have offered numerous theories about how the aircraft came to be shot down and by whom, very few of which are plausible.27 Lack of commitment to consistency is also apparent in statements from Russian President Vladimir Putin. For example, he first denied that the “little green men” in Crimea were Russian soldiers but later admitted that they were. Similarly, he at first denied any desire to see Crimea join Russia, but then he admitted that that had been his plan all along.28

A propagandist doesn't need to be consistent nor does it matter if they are a hypocrite.
    Sounds like the Team Dazzler dem party. Like I said, "No functional difference".
    HHusky said:

“FEMA selects where all responders can be centrally located to ensure the most effective response possible. Due to the lack of available lodging, FEMA negotiated government rates, at the lowest possible cost, for staff temporarily staying in the available hotels. As we transition into recovery, staff will move to longer term, more affordable lodging as they fulfill our commitment to support Maui,” the agency said in a statement to NewsNation.

But you girls must have your outrage, of course. (They’re paying $345/night btw.)

The government won't lie to us

HHusky said:

Investigate to your heart’s content.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Investigate to your heart’s content.
    You'll just keep your head up your ass

Too bad Trump doesn't have a hotel on Maui