Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anger grows as FEMA workers stay in luxury hotels amid the Maui Wildfires disaster

13»

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,464
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

“FEMA selects where all responders can be centrally located to ensure the most effective response possible. Due to the lack of available lodging, FEMA negotiated government rates, at the lowest possible cost, for staff temporarily staying in the available hotels. As we transition into recovery, staff will move to longer term, more affordable lodging as they fulfill our commitment to support Maui,” the agency said in a statement to NewsNation.

But you girls must have your outrage, of course. (They’re paying $345/night btw.)

I don’t give a shit about the negotiated government rate, you imbecile.

And the excuse that there wasn’t enough lodging in Kaanapali in fucking August following a natural disaster 5 miles down the road is so beyond absurd I don’t know what to say.

There was an opportunity to stay at the 3 nicest resorts in all of HI and they said fuck it, let’s do it.

It’s bad no matter how you look at it. Bad optics. Bad logistics. Bad explanation.

But no one cares. Tomorrow we’ll have more trump court news to distract us from this shit.
    thechatch said:

HHusky said:

“FEMA selects where all responders can be centrally located to ensure the most effective response possible. Due to the lack of available lodging, FEMA negotiated government rates, at the lowest possible cost, for staff temporarily staying in the available hotels. As we transition into recovery, staff will move to longer term, more affordable lodging as they fulfill our commitment to support Maui,” the agency said in a statement to NewsNation.

But you girls must have your outrage, of course. (They’re paying $345/night btw.)

And the excuse that there wasn’t enough lodging in Kaanapali in fucking August following a natural disaster 5 miles down the road is so beyond absurd I don’t know what to say.

There was an opportunity to stay at the 3 nicest resorts in all of HI and they said fuck it, let’s do it.

It’s bad no matter how you look at it. Bad optics. Bad logistics. Bad explanation.

But no one cares. Tomorrow we’ll have more trump court news to distract us from this shit.
    No, of course you don't care about the rate. I've noticed how quickly you girls have scurried from the rate ($1,000 a night!!!) to some other outrage.

#badoptics!!!

I never mentioned cost once. Pay attention, stupid.
    You all look alike.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,509 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

No, of course you don't care about the rate. I've noticed how quickly you girls have scurried from the rate ($1,000 a night!!!) to some other outrage.

#badoptics!!!

You all look alike.
    White flag.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,464

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

thechatch said:

HHusky said:

#badoptics!!!

You all look alike.
    White flag.
    disagree
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2023
    "Why a failed emergency response is actually a good thing for the residents of Maui."

You put the evacuees in the comped luxury rooms and your ICS team stays in trailers or other makeshift accommodations as close to the response as is safe.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

FEMA is allegedly there to work, not take a vacation.

The Government Rate is slightly reduced when traveling and a very limited number of rooms are available at hotels at that rate.