Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What do you hate most about air travel these days?

124»

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Uncomfortable seats

Fishpo31 said:

People not prepared for the TSA line. It's akin to people not being prepared to pump their gas at Costco. You had 5 minutes to put your incidentals in your pants pocket in nook of your carry on. Loosen your shoes. That being said some of the bullshit TSA requires from one location to the next, or even continues to require is baffling. Oh and people travelling with animals. Also check your bags.

Living in Lexington, I’m used to going out of a small airport often with only one X-ray machine. Since I’m precheck, I get a big laminated card so the X-ray people know I’m not taking off my shoes or removing my laptop. I’ve had the same experience flying out of Kauai.

Fly out of Palm Beach 2 years ago and they had minimum staffing and only one line so I get the big laminated card. Send my bag through and the fucking idiots pull it and ask if I have any electronics. I’m like yup. Fucking idiots starry nearly yelling at me that it’s supposed to come out. I reply that I’m precheck and they keep nearly yelling, it doesn’t matter.

That episode made my blood pressure go up a couple points.
    After 9/11, I routinely got pulled in for electronics. Trying to explain to a couple of cement head TSA agents the purpose of a radar gun is not enjoyable. In Anchorage, I got put in an interrogation room and was there for an hour...at one point, I was going back and forth trying to decide whom I would call first, my boss or my attorney. Finally, they brought in an FBI guy who had a clue...We got letters to carry from the commissioner's office after about 6 months, with a LEO hotline number...
    In the 1990s coming back from France I got taken aside after arriving at Sea-Tac and taken to a room for roughly 45 minutes.

When me and my buddies Xavier et Francis were driving across the border from New York into Quebec at 2AM, we got separated and taken into 3 separate rooms and grilled. The car was searched.

Finally, I have been pulled out of line at airports 5-6 times and had my travel bag emptied and swabbed. I've never been arrested or spent time incarcerated. But I don't know...
    They see the shit you post and are making sure you’re not trafficking Indians and Koreans.
    You no doubt reported me on their "See Something, Say Something" hotline
    Hardy har har
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,835
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fat people seated next to you

Fishpo31 said:

People not prepared for the TSA line. It's akin to people not being prepared to pump their gas at Costco. You had 5 minutes to put your incidentals in your pants pocket in nook of your carry on. Loosen your shoes. That being said some of the bullshit TSA requires from one location to the next, or even continues to require is baffling. Oh and people travelling with animals. Also check your bags.

Living in Lexington, I’m used to going out of a small airport often with only one X-ray machine. Since I’m precheck, I get a big laminated card so the X-ray people know I’m not taking off my shoes or removing my laptop. I’ve had the same experience flying out of Kauai.

Fly out of Palm Beach 2 years ago and they had minimum staffing and only one line so I get the big laminated card. Send my bag through and the fucking idiots pull it and ask if I have any electronics. I’m like yup. Fucking idiots starry nearly yelling at me that it’s supposed to come out. I reply that I’m precheck and they keep nearly yelling, it doesn’t matter.

That episode made my blood pressure go up a couple points.
    After 9/11, I routinely got pulled in for electronics. Trying to explain to a couple of cement head TSA agents the purpose of a radar gun is not enjoyable. In Anchorage, I got put in an interrogation room and was there for an hour...at one point, I was going back and forth trying to decide whom I would call first, my boss or my attorney. Finally, they brought in an FBI guy who had a clue...We got letters to carry from the commissioner's office after about 6 months, with a LEO hotline number...
    In the 1990s coming back from France I got taken aside after arriving at Sea-Tac and taken to a room for roughly 45 minutes.

When me and my buddies Xavier et Francis were driving across the border from New York into Quebec at 2AM, we got separated and taken into 3 separate rooms and grilled. The car was searched.

Finally, I have been pulled out of line at airports 5-6 times and had my travel bag emptied and swabbed. I've never been arrested or spent time incarcerated. But I don't know...
    They see the shit you post and are making sure you’re not trafficking Indians and Koreans.
    You no doubt reported me on their "See Something, Say Something" hotline
    SeaTac has some see something, say something PSA that starts with “hey everyone, this is so and so…” but it’s a so and so I’ve never heard of.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fat people seated next to you
    I got spoiled with pre-9/11 flights all over the US and Caribbean, where you were fine showing up 20 minutes before your flight and Horizon comp'd you a delicious Turkey & Cran Sandwich with a Red Hook ESB on the flight to Sun Valley.

That's all in the dustbin of history now and everything in the sky is a cattle car with wings.

Fuck the Airlines, Fuck the Airports and Fuck TSA. They're all shit for service of any kind and stuffed full of fat, lazy little dickhead Hitlers who get off on making the experience even more miserable than it is.

There is no more glamour in traveling by air as there once was. It's over.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Delays and/or cancellations

I got spoiled with pre-9/11 flights all over the US and Caribbean, where you were fine showing up 20 minutes before your flight and Horizon comp'd you a delicious Turkey & Cran Sandwich with a Red Hook ESB on the flight to Sun Valley.

That's all in the dustbin of history now and everything in the sky is a cattle car with wings.

Fuck the Airlines, Fuck the Airports and Fuck TSA. They're all shit for service of any kind and stuffed full of fat, lazy little dickhead Hitlers who get off on making the experience even more miserable than it is.

There is no more glamour in traveling by air as there once was. It's over.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
    The 9 11 high highjackers took the knives through security. The initial heightened security started in the 60s and 70s with take this plane to Cuba

Then generic Muslim terrorists. Gulf War 1 and finally where we are today
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Sounds like Harbor Husky needs to invest in a private jet.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sounds like Harbor Husky needs to invest in a private jet.

Harbor... Christ. Fucking phone.