Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Herbert

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,077
    dnc said:

You’re going to have to be good for at least 3 years before any of this is a thing.

The college football graveyard is littered with 10 and dones. Too many to count.

The horror.

I honestly don't disagree.

A good start is better than a bad one.

LIPO.

To be fair,* I remember when Mario was a proven shit coach for dropping one to Arizona. That supposedly was the tell, well b4 the two ass beatings by Ute when he was door ass out anyway.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,702 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

If the coach sucks he wasn't out there playing

If the player sucks he wasn't coaching

#science

I like Herbert by the way but that was bad

And it's the Chargers is the best excuse

Your math checks out, rather easily.

Just want to make sure that I’m understanding what’s going on here, though. University of Washington fans are having a go at another set of fans for blaming the coach?

Jesus Christ. This place was founded by the forefathers as a place to freely blame the coach, 30 years ago.
    I'm old enough to remember when Peterson was great, before he wasn't. Then Jimmy took over and we all saw how horrible Peterson really was. Now we see DeB winning with Peterson's guys and his QB. I'm just waiting for the day when DeB is no longer a great coach because he's coaching a roster full of his own less talented guys.

It's gonna be special around here!
    I hated Petersen and the posts are on this board. The fucker punted from the Oregon 40 on 4th and 1

Now I did think that Lake would be better so I'm a retard too

DeBoer looks promising. Only a retard would deny that
    Well we will see how many “retards” there are when he’s not going 11-2 and the natives become restless.

As much as you hated Peterson, the guy got results with his coaching style. He’s the only uw coached that Oregon fans feared since James.
    Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    We didn't like him but we never feared him.
    Bullshit.

By the time he was left UW you were 1-4 against him all tim by a combined score of 106 - 181. He plungered you the first time you faced him (and you cried about a fake punt). He plungered you the last time you faced him at U.
    You hated him because you feared him.

And rightfully so. He owned Bellotti.
    I had a quook high school teacher that hated him so much she sent him a box of tissue paper in the mail because he had complained about some recruiting defeat to Oregon. He lives rent free and always will.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,816

We know you’ll do your part.

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

It’s funny how uw fans gloss over DeB’s losses to ASU and UCLA because he beat Oregon by 3.

It’s still BONEM until it isn’t. 2024 will be his first real test. I’ll give him props if he’s 11-2 and is back in the Alamo Bowel.

DNC is on point.

I have all the screen shots from before DB beat Oregon. The vast majority agreed with us. BONEM is real.

Best team on the planet after the Oregon game.
    You started strong.

Imagine a win at the (formerly) #6 ranked team impacting fans' opinions on a first year coach. How embarrassing!
    So 1 game changed your opinion?

Oregon beat Ohio State last year. Mario Cristobal must be the answer.
    Lot of folks here thought so

Or maybe it was just @creepycoug
    Tell ya what Seaver, it was mighty quiet around here after that Ohio State win. Not a lot chirping going on. Dwags were hibernating. Road win against Buck is the very kind of thing that will Alpha a DWAs because, as a bunch, they love the blue bloods like few others. Where do you think all the USC respeck comes from? My head?

Now look at what ya got. DAWGS! are dry humping you guys day and night. Unseemly really.
    If he produced anywhere near what he did that one magical day in Columbus consistently, we wouldn’t have had any issues, would we?

I enjoyed this season with all of its dick stepping more than any season under that Florida International reject and I’m no Keg Boy fan.
    Lack of appreciation around here is stunning.
    I'm not the type to dive back into posts but Mario had quite a bit of support here

Mike was a critic though
    So, leave Mike alone!?

Let's review the math:

Salvaged a junk yard

DWAG slayer

Peterman retirer

5* machine

Buck

Rose Bowl

Tuff

=

Mario >>>>> Lanning

Dwags hated Mario and love Danning. That tells you all you need to know.

The lack of gratitude in this shit bin is astounding, really.
    Good luck rest of the way.

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

It’s funny how uw fans gloss over DeB’s losses to ASU and UCLA because he beat Oregon by 3.

It’s still BONEM until it isn’t. 2024 will be his first real test. I’ll give him props if he’s 11-2 and is back in the Alamo Bowel.

DNC is on point.

I have all the screen shots from before DB beat Oregon. The vast majority agreed with us. BONEM is real.

You started strong.

Imagine a win at the (formerly) #6 ranked team impacting fans' opinions on a first year coach. How embarrassing!

Tell ya what Seaver, it was mighty quiet around here after that Ohio State win. Not a lot chirping going on. Dwags were hibernating. Road win against Buck is the very kind of thing that will Alpha a DWAs because, as a bunch, they love the blue bloods like few others. Where do you think all the USC respeck comes from? My head?

Now look at what ya got. DAWGS! are dry humping you guys day and night. Unseemly really.
    If he produced anywhere near what he did that one magical day in Columbus consistently, we wouldn’t have had any issues, would we?

I enjoyed this season with all of its dick stepping more than any season under that Florida International reject and I’m no Keg Boy fan.
    I'm not the type to dive back into posts but Mario had quite a bit of support here

Mike was a critic though
    So, leave Mike alone!?

Let's review the math:

Salvaged a junk yard

DWAG slayer

Peterman retirer

5* machine

Buck

Rose Bowl

Tuff

=

Mario >>>>> Lanning

You too!

#yergonnaneedit
    haie said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

#science

Just want to make sure that I’m understanding what’s going on here, though. University of Washington fans are having a go at another set of fans for blaming the coach?

Jesus Christ. This place was founded by the forefathers as a place to freely blame the coach, 30 years ago.
    I'm old enough to remember when Peterson was great, before he wasn't. Then Jimmy took over and we all saw how horrible Peterson really was. Now we see DeB winning with Peterson's guys and his QB. I'm just waiting for the day when DeB is no longer a great coach because he's coaching a roster full of his own less talented guys.

I hated Petersen and the posts are on this board. The fucker punted from the Oregon 40 on 4th and 1

Well we will see how many “retards” there are when he’s not going 11-2 and the natives become restless.

As much as you hated Peterson, the guy got results with his coaching style. He’s the only uw coached that Oregon fans feared since James.
    Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    Bullshit.

By the time he was left UW you were 1-4 against him all tim by a combined score of 106 - 181. He plungered you the first time you faced him (and you cried about a fake punt). He plungered you the last time you faced him at U.

I had a quook high school teacher that hated him so much she sent him a box of tissue paper in the mail because he had complained about some recruiting defeat to Oregon. He lives rent free and always will.
    But that's actually funny.

I think Rick whined some after the 2001 game. Overall I liked RN. He was great with the fam on picture day. Most interactions with football coaches are like licking a strap of leather.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,816

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

DNC is on point.

You started strong.

Mike was a critic though
    So, leave Mike alone!?

Let's review the math:

Salvaged a junk yard

DWAG slayer

Peterman retirer

5* machine

Buck

Rose Bowl

Tuff

=

Mario >>>>> Lanning

You too!

#yergonnaneedit
    Oregon is dead again POTD
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

Mario was handsome, took over a broken program, and went undefeated against DWAG with Peterman and all his NFL players. And, he did it Alpha style running right up DWAG's butterbean.

Lan Danning, armed with Mario's five stars, lost to a fat and ugly MWC pass-happy coach with a retread Hosier and a bunch of 3 stars. At home.

Mario better for Quack IMO

Mario has boobs.
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

#science

Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    Bullshit.

You're trying way tooooooo hard.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,655
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

#science

Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    Bullshit.

You're trying way tooooooo hard.
    Just trying to help you remember old man, I know it gets fuzzy
    46XiJCAB said:

Mario was handsome, took over a broken program, and went undefeated against DWAG with Peterman and all his NFL players. And, he did it Alpha style running right up DWAG's butterbean.

Lan Danning, armed with Mario's five stars, lost to a fat and ugly MWC pass-happy coach with a retread Hosier and a bunch of 3 stars. At home.

Mario better for Quack IMO

Mario has boobs.
    Most of them do.

More glaring than him is what K and Choate looked like on the Texas sideline. Dudes are hitting the BBQ as hard and long as they can until they're banished to coaching for Montana State again.
    Speaking of boobs and fat coaches, man-girdle time for DeB?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,655
    46XiJCAB said:

Not one to kink shame but you're into some weird shit bruh
    46XiJCAB said:

This is up there with "Worthy dropped a pass again" as sick burns you somehow think anyone gives a fuck about.

Lanning has aged 5+ years in one season. Much more meaningful.

Fats is just washing down his 10 brats and fondue with 6 ice cold beers while being pissed that he had to punt once against Oregon.
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

Not one to kink shame but you're into some weird shit bruh
    I was just giving the DeB fan boys some early Christmas present ideas for the one year Husky coaching legend.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2023
    Herbert definitely needs to take some blame. But it's hard not to see the difference between early "grip it and rip it" Herbert under the prior coaching staff, and this "dink and dunk" pussy footing passing game under this current staff. I blame primarily the coaching for one simple fact. The Chargers had a 27-0 lead late in the first half, and Ekeler ended the game with 15 total carries! Complete malpractice not using your best playmaker in that situation. But Herbert wasn't great at any part of the game. Even when they built a 27-0 lead, they left at least 4 points on the board due to Herbert missing a wide open Allen TD. Even after the the lead however, the defense went on to give up TD, TD, TD, TD, FG to end the game, so despite the turnovers, the defense does deserve some blame as well.

My fault meter

Staley - 60% Not giving Ekeler the damn rock, allowing an efficient offensive system to continue while holding a massive lead, and using up 2 of their 3 second half timeouts unnecessarily early

Herbert - 20% The system hurts him, but he still missed opportunities. The key takeaway for me is that he didn't turn the ball over. Had the coaches used the run game more, I think the Chargers win.

Defense - 20% Played an almost perfect 25 minutes, then got an F grade for the last 35 minutes. You can't give up TD, TD, TD, TD, FG (would have been a TD had the Jaguars needed it) and not get any blame. And the Jaguars only had a short field once in this entire sequence, and even on that driver, they still had to go 47 yards to score the TD.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 32,008
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

#science

Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    Bullshit.

Yeah, his 33 - 16 record at Washington was scary. We beat the best team he had there. By the time he left UW he had done what he did to Colorado.

He was 8-4 in 2001 and the only reason he wasn't 7 and 5 was because you missed Oregon that year. He was 7 and 6 his last year there. His Bowl record was 1 win and 3 losses. Scary. He recruited for shit and left you with a team that went 6-6 in 2003 and 1-10 2004. I never "feared" him.
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

#science

Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    Bullshit.

Yeah, his 33 - 16 record at Washington was scary. We beat the best team he had there. By the time he left UW he had done what he did to Colorado.

He was 8-4 in 2001 and the only reason he wasn't 7 and 5 was because you missed Oregon that year. He was 7 and 6 his last year there. His Bowl record was 1 win and 3 losses. Scary. He recruited for shit and left you with a team that went 6-6 in 2003 and 1-10 2004. I never "feared" him.
    Rent free.
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

#science

Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    Bullshit.

Rent free.
    White flag.
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

#science

Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    Bullshit.

Rent free.
    White flag.
    "Someone beat Rick" Boblet thinks I'm waiving a white flag 😂
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

#science

Oregon fans feared RN.

GREATLY.

I was there.

Hope that helps.
    Bullshit.

Rent free.
    White flag.
    "Someone beat Rick" Boblet thinks I'm waiving a white flag 😂
    No, I think you're a lying piece of crap and a moron. I thought we already established this?