Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Air Fryer Hamburgers / How to cook hamburgers in the Air Fryer

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,971
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I remember when my mom got a crock pot. Cooks all day while she worked

We used it once I think

Hit America mass production in 1971

Crock pots are great. Just not for any type of meat that needs a little bark on the edges- eg ribs.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

I'm told by my son that the best use of his air fryer is quickly reheating leftovers that you want to be crisp. It sounded legit, and I picked one up, but haven't used it yet after almost a year.

A decade ago I worked at a mortgage company and at the Xmas party won a raffle and received a crock pot. It's still in the box. LOL
    Your missing out. Crock pot ribs are better than any other method.
    For the love of Christ. Worst food take in the history of my board. What next ? Instant Pot ribs? Fuck.
    Show me better
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter

Lack of counter space sounds poor.

Cooking at home instead of eating out sounds poor.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,892

Lack of counter space sounds poor.

Cooking at home* instead of eating out sounds poor.
    *exemption granted for household staff.

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

I'm told by my son that the best use of his air fryer is quickly reheating leftovers that you want to be crisp. It sounded legit, and I picked one up, but haven't used it yet after almost a year.

A decade ago I worked at a mortgage company and at the Xmas party won a raffle and received a crock pot. It's still in the box. LOL
    For the love of Christ. Worst food take in the history of my board. What next ? Instant Pot ribs? Fuck.
    Show me better
    Put them on a smoker.

How does one even fit a full rack in a crockpot?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    whlinder said:

chuck said:

Show me better
    Put them on a smoker.

Yes, smoker will get you better ribs than crock pot, but only done if done right. The best ribs I've ever had are from a smoker, but I've also had too many dry ribs. Maybe not wrapping it in foil early enough or not using enough sauce or whatever.

Crocks are more consistent since they trap in the moisture and never dry out and since you're cooking it in a sauce, you can get different flavor profiles. Try it with pineapple juice

Crocks don't give you burnt ends though, so that's a negative

Edit: they have different sizes and shapes, so there are large oblong ones that can fit a full rack. The normal small tower ones wouldn't
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    whlinder said:

chuck said:

Show me better
    Put them on a smoker.

Agree with this. Smoker is the best option. They can also be done in the oven. Cook at low temperature wrapped in foil. Finish broil. Exception to this is beef short ribs. I prefer to braise them in a dutch oven at low temperature or braise them in a crock pot. They come out goddamned delicious either way.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,297
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

chuck said:

Show me better
    Put them on a smoker.

Yes, smoker will get you better ribs than crock pot, but only done if done right. The best ribs I've ever had are from a smoker, but I've also had too many dry ribs. Maybe not wrapping it in foil early enough or not using enough sauce or whatever.

Crocks are more consistent since they trap in the moisture and never dry out and since you're cooking it in a sauce, you can get different flavor profiles. Try it with pineapple juice

Crocks don't give you burnt ends though, so that's a negative

Edit: they have different sizes and shapes, so there are large oblong ones that can fit a full rack. The normal small tower ones wouldn't
    I use a Weber Smoky mountain which consistently produces delicious moist ribs. I usually wrap for a couple of hours but even if I skip that part they don't dry out.

I will use a crockpot to keep pulled pork warm after pulling the butt or even smoke it a day before, pull and refrigerate and then warm in the crock pot. That is an acceptable use of a crockpot.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    You can actually cook all kinds of meat in a crockpot, and it usually comes out quite well.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,126
    Founders Club
    How about some microwave hawt talk????
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Me trying to regift my air fryer the past 2 years:

• Options

• Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    3-2-1 on the Traeger is the only way for Ribs
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,971
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    YouKnowIt said:

Every time I see a Traeger I think of @GrundleStiltzkin .

I need to get one of those things ASAP. Huge, glaring hole in my resume.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    YouKnowIt said:

Country-style pork ribs:
    Rub & smoke for however long you like on Traeger.
    Remove and pop in the Instapot with a cup of apple cider vinegar & whatever BBQ sauce one likes, enough to mostly cover ribs.
    Cook on high pressure for 45min.

Shit falls apart.

And air fryer kicks ass for the proper applications.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was talking with my mom a few days ago about microwaves and how we remembered when they were a new thing. Her parents were the first ones she knew who bought one, and they insisted on cooking the Thanksgiving turkey in it. I guess we were there though I don't remember the incident.

The turkey was not top notch, according to her. Actually she said it was inedible and everyone left hungry. She's older than the hills and doesn't always remember things perfectly clearly, but I believe her on this.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,892
    Mom Throbber used the shit out of the crock pot.

She’d throw shit in there that was never intended to be put in a crock pot. Like full plates of food. And then leave them on low all day while she was at work.

It wasn’t special eating dried out rolls and roast that almost quailed as jerky by the end of the day.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,538
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

YouKnowIt said:

Every time I see a Traeger I think of @GrundleStiltzkin .

I need to get one of those things ASAP. Huge, glaring hole in my resume.
    Frankly, everything I've ever had on a Traeger has always been 25% less smoky versus anything I've done on my Weber grill.

This has me chinterested, though.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Masterbuilt-Gravity-Series-800-Digital-Charcoal-Griddle-Grill-and-Smoker-Combo-in-Black-MB20040221/316379259