Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Northlake Tavern & Pizza Sells Couch

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

no_uh said:

But Earl's is still open, right? As long as we can still pre/post game on bottom shelf booze poured to the top of the glass with a splash of soda, we'll survive.

Moved to a different spot a few blocks south of the original location years ago. Kind of became a generic shitty sports bar that continues to over serve. Far less chicken wire and homeless people.
    Is the old French Lady still the bartender or did she sell the last couch…
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Goldie’s, Hall of Fame, College Inn, Duchess, Dante’s were our old stomping grounds … along with a Mexican restaurant (off 11th maybe?) where I spent almost my entire senior year eating nachos (hi @CFetters_Nacho_Lover) and drinking coronas.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

no_uh said:

But Earl's is still open, right? As long as we can still pre/post game on bottom shelf booze poured to the top of the glass with a splash of soda, we'll survive.

Moved to a different spot a few blocks south of the original location years ago. Kind of became a generic shitty sports bar that continues to over serve. Far less chicken wire and homeless people.
    When Earl's moved south of 45th a decade or so ago, she did not join. The drinks are still kinda cheap, but they aren't black out strong like the good ol' days
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2023

haie said:

The Rat and the Raven dies.

The College Inn died for awhile. Will go back there next year.

Shultzy's was basically dead in 2021. It's back thankfully.

BigTime could only let in 30 people at a time in 2021 instead of the proper packed in fuckfest that it was this year.

Finn's survived throughout all of it so that it could usher out players from the team. The trashiest place out of all of them.

Shultzy's is so good. Best German food in Seattle.

College Inn is what it is...a bar.

Honestly, U District bar scene has sucked ass for forever
    I interviewed Lincoln Kennedy years ago and he told stories about Shultzy's. While at UW it was his favorite place. I wish I could remember the best one that had me laughing. It was in Sports Washington magazine and not the interwebs so I can't pull it up with a link.
    IIRC he went into eat and didn’t have enough money to cover the bill. So at the time there was some sort of eating challenge and if you set the record, then he didn’t have to pay. I thought he ate like 20 sausages or something goddamn ridiculous.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Tough to compete as a U-District bar when UW has a house party culture moreso than a bar culture. And when people want to go to bars, there’s now a light rail that takes them from 45th directly to cap hill in like 7 minutes

As I always say, it’s cheaper to drink at home. Right @BearsWiin ?
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

haie said:

BigTime could only let in 30 people at a time in 2021 instead of the proper packed in fuckfest that it was this year.

Finn's survived throughout all of it so that it could usher out players from the team. The trashiest place out of all of them.

I interviewed Lincoln Kennedy years ago and he told stories about Shultzy's. While at UW it was his favorite place. I wish I could remember the best one that had me laughing. It was in Sports Washington magazine and not the interwebs so I can't pull it up with a link.
    I remember going to Schulzys in mid 90s and Lincoln Kennedy name was on wall of fame for most hot dogs eaten at one sitting.
    I remember that too... wish I could remember how many, it was a massive number for a massive man.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,275
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

no_uh said:

I thought she was Eastern Euro, not French.

She poured me more than a few gin and tonics back in the day.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,978
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

Tough to compete as a U-District bar when UW has a house party culture moreso than a bar culture. And when people want to go to bars, there’s now a light rail that takes them from 45th directly to cap hill in like 7 minutes

To be fair, I've seen @BearsWiin drink beer in a bar IRL.

@Doogles
    @HuskyJW
    @WilburHooksHands
    @PurpleBaze
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

NEsnake12 said:

To be fair, I've seen @BearsWiin drink beer in a bar IRL.

@Doogles
    @HuskyJW
    @WilburHooksHands
    @PurpleBaze
    I forgot @bearswin was there

His kid was what 11-12 at the time. He was a goddamn riot.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Never thought of the Big Time as a pickup joint, until I picked up a hot blonde 29 year old divorcee & business student who taught aerobics on the side. Face was an 8.8. Body was a 9.9. What a spring and summer those were. I highly recommend such an experience.

BRB, JO
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,594
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

haie said:

IIRC he went into eat and didn’t have enough money to cover the bill. So at the time there was some sort of eating challenge and if you set the record, then he didn’t have to pay. I thought he ate like 20 sausages or something goddamn ridiculous.

That sounds about right
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,594
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    haie said:

haie said:

My girlfriend at UW was a waitress there and the manager poured me free beers for 4 years.
    Sounds like her boss didn't use Partender
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,782
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

My girlfriend at UW was a waitress there and the manager poured me free beers for 4 years.
    Sounds like her boss didn't use Partender
    This is back when places like that raked, and weren't in survival mode due to No Fun City policies.