Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Player dying the field in Cincinnati

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let's clean it up out here guys. We don't like to suspend privileges, but keep it up and there won't be a warning.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Another C19 vaccination sudden death?

Fuck off libtard government dick sucking vax believers.
    This take is gay as fuck. Do better.
    It was a question not an opinion of fact. Sudden death heart attacks in young people all over the world is up statistically at alarming rates. Young people have collapsed and died on fields and courts over the last 1-2 years like never seen bofore. I think I read recently the rate of heart attack in young people is up close to or more than 1000%. Ignoring the reality and asking why is not smart.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Holy christ you're a low EQ and low IQ paranoid agenda pushing moron.
    He wonders why I have so many downvotes
    It's your signature. I hadn't seen it before.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

It was a question not an opinion of fact. Sudden death heart attacks in young people all over the world is up statistically at alarming rates. Young people have collapsed and died on fields and courts over the last 1-2 years like never seen bofore. I think I read recently the rate of heart attack in young people is up close to or more than 1000%. Ignoring the reality and asking why is not smart.
    This is a better way to phrase what you were saying. Still totally speculative though
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

This is a better way to phrase what you were saying. Still totally speculative though

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadTrip said:

Could very well be.

There’s also something known as commotio cordis which disrupts the cardiac rhythm after a traumatic collision.

Lipo.
    I saw a lecture about chest impacts and how easily they can cause this at a west region little league conference back in the day. He cited a handful of cases, all youth, including one where the impact was from a plastic ball. All about the timing of the blow, not the amount of force.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Holy christ you're a low EQ and IQ paranoid agenda pushing moron.
    Go fuck yourself tryhard.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

There is some science saying the vaccines have impacted hearts of some young men. Just saying we dont know if that is the case here
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Also...is Hamlin alive?
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

It's a conspiracy.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

RoadTrip said:

Could very well be.

There’s also something known as commotio cordis which disrupts the cardiac rhythm after a traumatic collision.

Lipo.
    I saw a lecture about chest impacts and how easily they can cause this at a west region little league conference back in the day. He cited a handful of cases, all youth, including one where the impact was from a plastic ball. All about the timing of the blow, not the amount of force.
    Lacrosse goalies have been required to wear a sternum/heart protector for a number of years. For K-12, it rolled down now to all players last year.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023
    chuck said:

RoadTrip said:

Could very well be.

Lipo.
    Thought maybe it could have been a blow to his throat but he wouldn't have run out of oxygen that fast to cause him to collapse. Heart attack or aneurysm makes more sense.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Also...is Hamlin alive?

An article I read made it sound like they waited to transport him so his family could come down from the stands. Maybe that's a good sign that they were able to stabilize him.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

There’s room for reasonable people to have nuanced discussions on vaccines and associated risks and benefits.

But seems way too fucking quick on the draw and projecting politics in a context where it’s not merited.

Guy got fucked up on a football field bad. That’s the ONLY conclusion one can draw at this time.

Fuck….. he could’ve had an undiagnosed heart condition

My 12 year old son would be dead now if it wasn’t for the one doctor that found it and they were able to fix it via a open heart surgery

Even after he was diagnosed, there were multiple doctors and medical professionals that could not hear it.
    I get it JW, Snow and BP but it is undeniable what is happening to young people all over the world now. Why? What has changed in the last 2 years which would cause this spike in heart disease among other issues causing sudden death?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Same thing happened to a Tulane football player about ten years ago named Devon Walker. He was unconscious on the field and they had to revive him there. He’s alive but in a wheelchair now. This one doesn’t look like a broken neck because he wouldn’t have been able to get up. Sadly it’s reminding me of a boxer who’s unconscious after a bout.