Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What happens if Utah wins?

2»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

ESPN's analytics has Utah with a 61% chance of winning
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401437035

Unless there is some glaring weakness in SC's defense that they can exploit without resistance, Utah is limping to the finish line against a team that pretty much controlled them in SLC and it was a bizarre finish via refs.

SC isn't perfect but Utah beating them twice would be pretty insane.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2022

Espn is probably 99th most accurate of the best 100 analytical forecasts available. So there is that.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Yeah I'm curious what ESPN is looking at that Vegas doesn't know. The line moved to USC -3.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,801
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Might as well not play the game
  • Options

Yeah I'm curious what ESPN is looking at that Vegas doesn't know. The line moved to USC -3.

They are just too SEC centric. Thier non SEC related predictions may be okay. They appear way more biased than Sagarin (towards p10/12) when he first started his model. Sagarin has improved but ESPN has a (false) narrative to continue to sell.
  • Options
    HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Utah wins rather easily, say 34-17
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

USC will win by 10+

Too much on the line for Riley and Williams. Utah looked like dogshit against Oregon (their QB is beyond overrated).

USC will be doubly motivated with not just the natty chance but also revenge
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431

USC will win by 10+

Too much on the line for Riley and Williams. Utah looked like dogshit against Oregon (their QB is beyond overrated).

Riley's the much better game day coach than Whittingham.

USC's crowd will give them home field advantage in LV.

USC by 14
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    USC barely has a home field crowd advantage in LA
    I was surprised how good their crowd was vs ND
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,095

I will pay @PurpleBaze to attend the next SLC Marathon, Insta Pot in hand, lying in wait for @89ute

Mods?

*Instant Pot
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

USC will win by 10+

Ah yes the revenge factor.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,300
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    Ute fans will be all over Vegas. I'd be surprised if the crowd isn't a pretty solid Utah lean.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    Ute fans will be all over Vegas. I'd be surprised if the crowd isn't a pretty solid Utah lean.
    Yes, most don't realize Utahns love Vegas... it's as much of a suburb/weekend spot as it is for SoCal.
    I predict SC diehards that travel will be saving their cash for the playoffs.
  • Options
    gmo said:

TheHB said:

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    Yes, most don't realize Utahns love Vegas... it's as much of a suburb/weekend spot as it is for SoCal.
    SC diehards that travel might just decide to embrace abundance. The one's I know can easily afford both.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

gmo said:

TheHB said:

USC will win by 10+

USC by 14
    SC diehards that travel might just decide to embrace abundance. The one's I know can easily afford both.
    Sure nearly all of them can... and Angelenos love Vegas. But anyone who had to choose is choosing playoffs IMO.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I cancel my booking and save money b
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,264
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

FettersFS, who's been covering CFB for 20+ years, started a post today that said the Huskies could potentially go to any NY6 bowl outside of the CFP as an at large. Apparently he wasn't aware that the other bowls have conference tie-ins too. JFC can someone be worse at their job than the LPT.

Holy shit is he stupid. What a waste of oxygen, the little bit he manages to breathe in.