Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington vs Arizona State Game Thread

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,335
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ooooweeeee, if Keith Jackson were alive, he'd be doing this game. I managed to score some tickets from a hillbilly (I know that's not politically correct, but I'm a rebel heheheheh) who was standing near the North Depot parking lot. Apparently, his brother just passed due to the black lung and they scheduled the funeral for tomorrow -- his loss, my game! See what I did there? First time for me in Boone, NC, and the Blue Mountains. Scenery is amazing. And the trees are pretty, too, lol. Looking forward to UW's running game getting untracked against the Mountaineers as I think our O-line has a big size advantage.

Let's go Huskies! Where's my dawgs at?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What channel is the game on? HD?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't Tell if I'm more excited for the game or hearing @MikeDamone on the pod after
  • Options
    SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 145
    Who’s the ASU coach
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who’s the ASU coach

doesn't matter - good nuff to beat us
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Ooooweeeee, if Keith Jackson were alive, he'd be doing this game. I managed to score some tickets from a hillbilly (I know that's not politically correct, but I'm a rebel heheheheh) who was standing near the North Depot parking lot. Apparently, his brother just passed due to the black lung and they scheduled the funeral for tomorrow -- his loss, my game! See what I did there? First time for me in Boone, NC, and the Blue Mountains. Scenery is amazing. And the trees are pretty, too, lol. Looking forward to UW's running game getting untracked against the Mountaineers as I think our O-line has a big size advantage.

Not too far from me - I will be tailgating at the temporary trailer park in Spartanburg if you want to stop by - bring beer
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,335
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

TheHB said:

Not too far from me - I will be tailgating at the temporary trailer park in Spartanburg if you want to stop by - bring beer
    Just picked up a couple crowlers of Boonerang and Blowing Rock IPA, so I'll be over in a bit.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,119
    edited October 2022
    People are saying DeBoer has drawn interest from Nebraska and Notre Dame and that boosters have the buyout check ready.

If he loses this weekend, it’s suspected he’ll see the writing on the wall and accept less money to go to Omaha or Gary and coach.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,490
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

People are saying DeBoer has drawn interest from Nebraska and Notre Dame and that boosters have the buyout check ready.

If he loses this weekend, it’s suspected he’ll see the writing on the wall and accept less money to go to Omaha or Gary and coach.

Ok.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This will be the ultimate test of seeing if this team is mentally weak. Lots of pre-made excuses.
    -it's hot
    -we never win at ASU
    -playing on grass
    -team is coming off a tough loss
    -ASU went at our young corners where we have too many injuries
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    MelloDawg said:

People say all kinds of shit.

Some know their stuff, but most are just making shit up or repeating unreliable rumors as they desperately seek social validation in the herd.

Calibrate your filter accordingly.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

Oklahoma will get in on some of that action
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's only 79 here. It's been pretty nice this week besides getting caught in the rain on the bike trail. Mid 80s in valley of the heat stroke. Even Doogs can't whine about that.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,119

MelloDawg said:

People say all kinds of shit.

Some know their stuff, but most are just making shit up or repeating unreliable rumors as they desperately seek social validation in the herd.

Calibrate your filter accordingly.

Yeah, those posts are the worst.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's only 79 here. It's been pretty nice this week besides getting caught in the rain on the bike trail. Mid 80s in valley of the heat stroke. Even Doogs can't whine about that.

And it is a dry heat. Add some humidity and curtains for my Dwags.