Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Opponent Offense Preview: Stanford Cardinal

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

"But, I imagine David Shaw is looking at Washington’s banged up secondary and is licking his lips imagining Tanner McKee and his forest of trees bullying the UW secondary all game."

Nailed it. Kind of scary I assume the slow mesh is most difficult for LBs and Safeties and I'm not 100% confident in those spots

I'm going to be Chicken Little until it's 10:30 and Washington is ahead 41-20. Stanford has a semi-mobile QB with a veteran offensive line and a bunch of big receivers and a good tight end. At least offensively I'm still worried about the matchup from Stanford.
    Random memory popped into my head... In 1986 the Huskies opened with crushing victories over Ohio State and BYU, and went into the USC game as favorites on the road. They lost 20-10 and Junior Seau sacked Chris Chandler about 14 times. We were like "where were the Huskies from the first two games?"

I'm not going to be Chicken Little but I will be on edge.
    I don't think Seau was at USC in 1986. He was in same age demographic as you and me.
    Born in 69 and still playing high school basketball in 87. He sat out his freshman year at USC and was drafted in 90.

I feel like @trublue all of a sudden.
    https://nytimes.com/1986/09/28/sports/college-football-west-usc-stuns-washington.html

I would have bet any amount of money it was Seau. That's kind of unsettling. Anyway, some USC linebacker wreaked havoc on Chandler. Maybe I was partially thinking of Corelius Bennett terrorizing Chandler later that year.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,305
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

The 2017 Stanford game was horrific.

It was. Watched it from a Kona bar before catching a red eye home. Aloha my ass.