Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC/UCLA Wants to Shut the Door

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,317 Swaye's Wigwam
    So the SAT question is UCLA is to USC what Stanford is to Notre Dame - true or false?

Oregon is to Washington what Washington is to Oregon - delusional outcasts.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    Washington is to Oregon
    what Colin Hanks is to Chet Hanks

Booyakashaw!!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    edited July 2022

So the SAT question is UCLA is to USC what Stanford is to Notre Dame - true or false?

Oregon is to Washington what Washington is to Oregon - delusional outcasts.
    If you're going on research productivity, Washington doesn't really take a back seat to too many universities, and without looking I'll risk it and say it blows Notre Dame away and might even be a click better than UCLA. Or it might not. If you go by undergraduate selectivity, which is often the conversation, then Stanford is considerably >> than all the schools mentioned, including ND. The problem with that approach is Arizona State and Arizona blow Georgetown out of the water on that measure; but the level of students at Georgetown is several flights up from what you typically encounter in Tempe or Tuscon.

Washington has become a lot tougher to get into in the last 10 or so years. Even still, the difference in UG selectivity difference between UW and Oregon is no doubt smaller than the difference between UW and Stanford. Probably UCLA too. ND has gotten to be pretty tough too and is no doubt harder to get into than UW.

Stanford

UCLA
    Notre Dame

Washington

Oregon

Said another way, it would make a shitty SAT question.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,621 Standard Supporter
    Big 10 culture is weird. Seeing the ads for Case IH to buy a combine when watching their network is so out of place for my global suburban country club self.

But It also has that old school stodgy holier than thou view.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

Big 10 culture is weird. Seeing the ads for Case IH to buy a combine when watching their network is so out of place for my global suburban country club self.

But the key is being able to watch their network

What a concept

I like the history shows. Can't wait for Big 10 legend John McKay
    I'm curious what Bill Walton will do

whlinder said:

But the key is being able to watch their network

What a concept

I like the history shows. Can't wait for Big 10 legend John McKay
    I'm curious what Bill Walton will do

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

USC and fans always bragged about how they clean up the SoCal talent. Now they are getting their asses kicked on the recruiting trail, they took their ball and went home. What a bunch of cunts...

USC and fans always bragged about how they clean up the SoCal talent. Now they are getting their asses kicked on the recruiting trail, they took their ball and went home. What a bunch of cunts...

Oregon about to jump SC and the great Lincoln Riley. B1G reject still kicking SC ass on and off the field.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Oregon about to jump SC and the great Lincoln Riley. B1G reject still kicking SC ass on and off the field.
    Kicking SC ass on the field?

If you say so
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited July 2022

46XiJCAB said:

Kicking SC ass on the field?

If you say so
    They kind of are now. Using this logic Nebraska > Oregon and Washington. When in reality Minnesota > Nebraska today.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

😆
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,157

The latest scuttle has it that SC and UCLA were on bended knee begging for the transfer. SMFH. Embarrassing. But then, now too are Oregon and Washington. Anyway, it seems as though which teth ms go where will vary depending on the situation. Some will be attractive based solely on where they are and local markets (UCLA), and some will be their own market (Notre Dame). There will be combinations, which implies that preserving well watched rivalries (like, arguably, UW/OR, which to me is hands down the best rivalry in the Pac) might be a factor.

Hard to say how much SC's brand, on its own, was the driver. I'm sure it factored in. But the big driver is getting Big 10 schools multiple trips to LA and grabbing that market by the balls.

I hate all this, but it's also intriguing as fuck. You can play this game of "what about ...?" all around the country. I'm still intrigued by a partnership between the two coast conferences, but only as long as they can stay in tact. What's left of the Pac and the current ACC lineup, particularly if Clemson holds form and at least two of Miami/FSU/Va. Tech can return to form, and Washington gets its shit together again and this new guy at Oregon proves good ... with all of that you'd really have something.

It goes with out saying @creepycoug you have philosopher king intellect. But the 2 coastal conferences being intriguing? Come on ese. This entire thing is FUBAR.
    What is not intriguing about making the best of the Pac 12, Big 12 and (the entire) ACC a super conference?

You could get by with one football trip to the east coast and have one ACC team visit you every year. You still play the bulk of your conference games out west (within your division or sub division).

And the non revenue sports never have to travel to the east coast. Rarely past mid America.

If you don't make a move to "pick up" Clemson, FSU, Miami, Virginia, VT and NC now (along with six of the best B12 teams) it just doesn't end well. Particularly if we don't get an invite to the B1G.

I loathe sitting around and hoping some one else will secure my future. But if you feel comfortable doing that, well, power to you, I guess.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

behind them. At least it’s been suggested they don’t want UW/UO to follow. That’s likely because they don’t want to recruit against them anymore. If UW/UO get left behind, then they will have a lesser platform on which to recruit in Cali and SC/UCLA can clean up in the West.

Sounds like this very thing is happening with the Gators not wanting Miami in the SEC.

https://caneswarning.com/2022/07/08/rumors-flying-florida-doesnt-want-miami-hurricanes-joining-sec/amp/

Of course they don’t. No one else in the B10 does either. Even if they wouldn’t get full share. It’s just 2 more mouths to feed with teams that their core base could gaf about.

The Big10 has never had an eyeball or attendance problem. Only a championship problem.

And Oregon and Washington don’t fix that.
    Kaepsknee said:

behind them. At least it’s been suggested they don’t want UW/UO to follow. That’s likely because they don’t want to recruit against them anymore. If UW/UO get left behind, then they will have a lesser platform on which to recruit in Cali and SC/UCLA can clean up in the West.

Sounds like this very thing is happening with the Gators not wanting Miami in the SEC.

https://caneswarning.com/2022/07/08/rumors-flying-florida-doesnt-want-miami-hurricanes-joining-sec/amp/

Of course they don’t. No one else in the B10 does either. Even if they wouldn’t get full share. It’s just 2 more mouths to feed with teams that their core base could gaf about.

The Big10 has never had an eyeball or attendance problem. Only a championship problem.

And @DerekJohnson, who is this sackless wonder who follows me all over the place here.

https://hardcorehusky.com/home/unauthorized
    edited July 2022
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

And @DerekJohnson, who is this sackless wonder who follows me all over the place here.

Cuog being 100m in debt and rooting for UW to fail is so fucking cuog.

If the Pac sticks together I don't ever want to hear another Go Cuogsz ever again. Shut the fuck up forever. You only exist because of UW in that outcome.
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

If the Pac sticks together I don't ever want to hear another Go Cuogsz ever again. Shut the fuck up forever. You only exist because of UW.
    Oh. Should have known it was you. Why you hide for so long?

WSU Vancouver stock gonna COUV stalk, I spose.

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

If the Pac sticks together I don't ever want to hear another Go Cuogsz ever again. Shut the fuck up forever. You only exist because of UW.

What the fuck?

Make it make sense.

Enjoy the mountain west. Unless the doogs save you. So ungrateful and yet so unsurprising.

100m in debt. That's no joke for a program that begs for money from the state.
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

What the fuck?

Make it make sense.

Enjoy the mountain west. Unless the doogs save you. So ungrateful and yet so unsurprising.

100m in debt. That's no joke for a program that begs for money from the state.
    And you know they are all over that dim-witted Duke graduate's jock on this "keep it together for the families" bullshit.

I'm 100% done supporting Cuog!