Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How am I going to be able to off my disabled kids now?

124»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    pawz said:

With the qualifier that my evolved view on abortion is sincere, let me say this, about that: this is where it gets really difficult, and the argument wanders over from abortion to euthanasia, the latter of which I support, though I support it for clear-thinking, autonomous human beings making an informed and free choice. The fetus can't do that.

We know children form in the womb with all manner of issues, including missing organs, screwed up DNA, etc. Incredibly difficult moral decisions with which to wrestle there. Not sure where I sit in those circumstances. I probably go back to the idea that we? are not allowed to play the role of Dr. Mengele or Roman Emperor and have to let nature LIPO. Sometimes that can be nothing short of brutal.

I'll say this, as well: shame on all who use these very difficult situations for political maneuvering. I don't care which way you want to argue it; if you don't really care about it and have never truly had a sincerely held view before now, I think it's bad form to feign moral indignation in the name of winning. But this is America and it's what we do.

I have, for real, had two people close to me with born-in health problems, one of whom is no longer with us. In the case of the one who is with us, that person has accomplished more in their early 20s than most of us will achieve in a lifetime, and that's no shit. What a fucking winner. The kind of kid with which nobody wants to be compared. The one who passed lived a somewhat short and extremely painful existence, and we all periodically look back and wonder if we did the right thing putting that person through what they went through, which on a good day was a level of suffering that would bring any one of us here to our knees.

Iceland cured Down’s syndrome
    Yeah, if I ever did see my way to an exception for abortion, it would not be for Down's. Not even close. Where you start maybe thinking it's ok is when the fetus has no brain tissue ... things of that nature. Even then, it's slippery.
    I know someone who found out their baby had only a brain stem or something like that. They carried the baby to term. She lived an hour or so. It was their decision and the only one they felt they could live with. They named her and had a private burial with just the two of them.

They had quite a few shit stain humans criticizing them for it. I’d imagine the BidenBros of the time would have a meltdown over it.
    I think if there's no threat to the mother, that's the right call, albeit a difficult one. If it threatens the mother and the child has no viability, then it's a tougher call. Flies in the face of my philosophy on the matter, but still, one can't help allowing some practicality to seep in in that narrow fact pattern.
    Glad to see we? are back to unfortunate necessity.

Also we? are still playing Dr Mengle in the US. Get your 4th jab, bro! But I digress...

I love ya man, but you would have done well to not come back to this one. You were flailing about.

Just accept it: you, Race and the other soulless heathen are for killing babies. Know thyself.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @creepycoug a Q…

What would be your take on these options:

1.Do nothing and the mom and baby have a 100% chance of both dying

2. Abort baby and the mom has 100% chance of living

3. Do what it takes to save the baby and the mom has 100% chance of dying

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022

pawz said:

With the qualifier that my evolved view on abortion is sincere, let me say this, about that: this is where it gets really difficult, and the argument wanders over from abortion to euthanasia, the latter of which I support, though I support it for clear-thinking, autonomous human beings making an informed and free choice. The fetus can't do that.

We know children form in the womb with all manner of issues, including missing organs, screwed up DNA, etc. Incredibly difficult moral decisions with which to wrestle there. Not sure where I sit in those circumstances. I probably go back to the idea that we? are not allowed to play the role of Dr. Mengele or Roman Emperor and have to let nature LIPO. Sometimes that can be nothing short of brutal.

I'll say this, as well: shame on all who use these very difficult situations for political maneuvering. I don't care which way you want to argue it; if you don't really care about it and have never truly had a sincerely held view before now, I think it's bad form to feign moral indignation in the name of winning. But this is America and it's what we do.

I have, for real, had two people close to me with born-in health problems, one of whom is no longer with us. In the case of the one who is with us, that person has accomplished more in their early 20s than most of us will achieve in a lifetime, and that's no shit. What a fucking winner. The kind of kid with which nobody wants to be compared. The one who passed lived a somewhat short and extremely painful existence, and we all periodically look back and wonder if we did the right thing putting that person through what they went through, which on a good day was a level of suffering that would bring any one of us here to our knees.

Yeah, if I ever did see my way to an exception for abortion, it would not be for Down's. Not even close. Where you start maybe thinking it's ok is when the fetus has no brain tissue ... things of that nature. Even then, it's slippery.
    I know someone who found out their baby had only a brain stem or something like that. They carried the baby to term. She lived an hour or so. It was their decision and the only one they felt they could live with. They named her and had a private burial with just the two of them.

They had quite a few shit stain humans criticizing them for it. I’d imagine the BidenBros of the time would have a meltdown over it.
    I think if there's no threat to the mother, that's the right call, albeit a difficult one. If it threatens the mother and the child has no viability, then it's a tougher call. Flies in the face of my philosophy on the matter, but still, one can't help allowing some practicality to seep in in that narrow fact pattern.

Also we? are still playing Dr Mengle in the US. Get your 4th jab, bro! But I digress...

I love ya man, but you would have done well to not come back to this one. You were flailing about.

Just accept it: you, Race and the other soulless heathen are for killing babies. Know thyself.
    Not the case. I would not have one myself. Unless the mother's life was in peril.

Nonetheless, the State should NEVER be in between the medical decisions of a patient and their doctor. Unless you are saying I MUST take the jab?

If so, then this is where I would be forced to lob the GFY bomb, Dr Mengele. I don't want to. I respect you.

This is my line.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Not the case. I would not have one myself. Unless the mother's life was in peril.

Nonetheless, the State should NEVER be in between the medical decisions of a patient and their doctor.

Are you saying I MUST take the jab? If so, then Dr Mengele, this is where I would be forced to lob the GFY bomb. I don't want to. I respect you. But this is my line.

The state is very much involved in prohibition of murder. Characterizing routine elective abortion as a “medical decision” is dishonest. As creep says, at what point does the baby have moral agency equal to anyone else? It’s not a difficult or trick question. At some point a pro abortion person has to acknowledge they are ok with killing someone often out of convenience. This is not a religious issue that so many want to push it into. It a biological a moral philosophy. If it is said the moral issue is steeped in religion, then so is murder, theft, and lying.

Not taking the “jab” doesn’t directly result in the death of another human. False equivalency.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022

pawz said:

pawz said:

Nonetheless, the State should NEVER be in between the medical decisions of a patient and their doctor.

Are you saying I MUST take the jab? If so, then Dr Mengele, this is where I would be forced to lob the GFY bomb. I don't want to. I respect you. But this is my line.

The state is very much involved in prohibition of murder. Characterizing routine elective abortion as a “medical decision” is dishonest. As creep says, at what point does the baby have moral agency equal to anyone else? It’s not a difficult or trick question. At some point a pro abortion person has to acknowledge they are ok with killing someone often out of convenience. This is not a religious issue that so many want to push it into. It a biological a moral philosophy. If it is said the moral issue is steeped in religion, then so is murder, theft, and lying.

Not taking the “jab” doesn’t directly result in the death of another human. False equivalency.
    My position is as long as it directly impacts the health and viability of the mother, it does not have that agency.

And thank you, I now understand the Savery Hall reference. I am slow.

CoronaBros, Dr Fauci, MSNBCNN, Pfizer told us for years we were directly responsible for killing others sans a jab.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

@creepycoug a Q…

What is an elective versus non-elective procedure?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Nonetheless, the State should NEVER be in between the medical decisions of a patient and their doctor. Unless you are saying I MUST take the jab?

If so, then this is where I would be forced to lob the GFY bomb, Dr Mengele. I don't want to. I respect you.

This is my line.

With all due respect, you are so off the mark in this topic that you really should go no further. As Mike said, the state has a manifest interest in protecting life. If it doesn’t do at least that, there’s really no point in having state.

Killing someone is not a medical decision. Or would you killing me for my healthy liver be a medical decision for which you demand privacy? Fuck outta here with this privacy argument Pawz. You can save yourself some keystrokes and just write “my body.”
  • Options

@creepycoug a Q…

1. Do nothing. It’s not our place to pick. If we had to, save the kid, who had no role in the creating the predicament.

2. No abortion. Sorry. She should not have gotten pregnant. If she was raped, it’s a tragedy that is not mitigated by ending another life.

3. Save the baby. Again, had no role in the predicament. The lesser shitty of two very shitty options.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,202
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@creepycoug a Q…

1. Do nothing. It’s not our place to pick. If we had to, save the kid, who had no role in the creating the predicament.

2. No abortion. Sorry. She should not have gotten pregnant. If she was raped, it’s a tragedy that is not mitigated by ending another life.

3. Save the baby. Again, had no role in the predicament. The lesser shitty of two very shitty options.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,809

@creepycoug a Q…

From a pragmatic standpoint, offing the mother would eliminate one guaranteed stupid person. Saving the baby might allow for a human with some potential.

How anyone can not use effective contraception in this day and age is just idiotic. So many options available.

More effective than Covid vaccines, that’s for sure

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

@creepycoug a Q…

I’d pick option 2 and go with 100% the mom lives. There are many hypotheticals that come into play. But I’m general, when forced to pick between my wife or daughter and pre born baby, I’d pick the women. I would say it’s even more important to save the moms life if there are other children in the home.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,705
    I stand with Creepycoug!

Don't want kids birth control is everywhere and free in most cases. Easy ain't it?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    Sledog said:

I stand with Creepycoug!

Don't want kids birth control is everywhere and free in most cases. Easy ain't it?

WHAT ABOUT RAPE!!!!1!!111