Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How am I going to be able to off my disabled kids now?

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,137
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

So why do the people you vote for support it if it never happens? Don't hurt yourself.

Better question: in which of the 50 states was this fantasy of yours ever legal?

Fair enough. Are we seeing a lot of 9th month abortion tourism to those states?

Maybe you don't have to prohibit something no one wants to do anyway.
    you couldn't be bothered with a 30 second Google search? You really do strive to live in the dark.

Late term abortions are admittedly rare - around 1% I think. But the frequency doesn't justify a take the issue one or way or the other
    They are rare because the tragic circumstances under which they occur are rare.
    From it doesn't happen to its rare and tragic in three posts

Dazzling
    Gasbag thinks women are killing the Gerber baby in order to fit into their swimsuits, or they're doing it just because women are generally unstable and erratic.

If this was our first go round, you pretending that I don't acknowledge that there are rare cases of severe fetal abnormalities that result in women choosing late term abortions could be an honest misunderstanding. But this isn't our first go round. Women aren't choosing 9th month abortions of perfectly healthy babies.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

So why do the people you vote for support it if it never happens? Don't hurt yourself.

Better question: in which of the 50 states was this fantasy of yours ever legal?

you couldn't be bothered with a 30 second Google search? You really do strive to live in the dark.

Late term abortions are admittedly rare - around 1% I think. But the frequency doesn't justify a take the issue one or way or the other

Dazzling
    Gasbag thinks women are killing the Gerber baby in order to fit into their swimsuits, or they're doing it just because women are generally unstable and erratic.

If this was our first go round, you pretending that I don't acknowledge that there are rare cases of severe fetal abnormalities that result in women choosing late term abortions could be an honest misunderstanding. But this isn't our first go round. Women aren't choosing 9th month abortions of perfectly healthy babies.

Lie

As usual

Backtracking already?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HHusky said:

With the qualifier that my evolved view on abortion is sincere, let me say this, about that: this is where it gets really difficult, and the argument wanders over from abortion to euthanasia, the latter of which I support, though I support it for clear-thinking, autonomous human beings making an informed and free choice. The fetus can't do that.

We know children form in the womb with all manner of issues, including missing organs, screwed up DNA, etc. Incredibly difficult moral decisions with which to wrestle there. Not sure where I sit in those circumstances. I probably go back to the idea that we? are not allowed to play the role of Dr. Mengele or Roman Emperor and have to let nature LIPO. Sometimes that can be nothing short of brutal.

I'll say this, as well: shame on all who use these very difficult situations for political maneuvering. I don't care which way you want to argue it; if you don't really care about it and have never truly had a sincerely held view before now, I think it's bad form to feign moral indignation in the name of winning. But this is America and it's what we do.

I have, for real, had two people close to me with born-in health problems, one of whom is no longer with us. In the case of the one who is with us, that person has accomplished more in their early 20s than most of us will achieve in a lifetime, and that's no shit. What a fucking winner. The kind of kid with which nobody wants to be compared. The one who passed lived a somewhat short and extremely painful existence, and we all periodically look back and wonder if we did the right thing putting that person through what they went through, which on a good day was a level of suffering that would bring any one of us here to our knees.

Iceland cured Down’s syndrome
    Yeah, if I ever did see my way to an exception for abortion, it would not be for Down's. Not even close. Where you start maybe thinking it's ok is when the fetus has no brain tissue ... things of that nature. Even then, it's slippery.
    I know someone who found out their baby had only a brain stem or something like that. They carried the baby to term. She lived an hour or so. It was their decision and the only one they felt they could live with. They named her and had a private burial with just the two of them.

They had quite a few shit stain humans criticizing them for it. I’d imagine the BidenBros of the time would have a meltdown over it.
    Pro-choice voter here.

Feel free not to have an abortion, but don't deprive others of their choices.
    That doesn't work if you assign to the fetus a moral significance equal to that of a person. I do because I cannot logically do otherwise.

At that point, saying "don't have one but let me do it" is like saying "feel free to not murder people, but don't deprive others of their choice."

As arguments go, it's not a good one.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

He knows his claim is a lie, he just doesn't care.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Dazzling

And there's the strawman ass fuck.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Dazzling

So there are no late term abortions for healthy babies, that's your position, correct Dazzler?
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cons, you're debating a shit human being. Start there.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He should have done in 10 days earlier. No problemo then, according to our leftist friends.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/15/philadelphia-abortion-doctor-kermit-gosnell-sentenced-life
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Dazzling

So there are no late term abortions for healthy babies, that's your position, correct Dazzler?
    And of course, after fucking a little strawman ass Dazzler runs away.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,906
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Dazzling

It never happens and is illegal. Ok, it's legal some places but its rare. Well, its legal in Oregon because its important to the people the dazzler votes for. Geezus, I cited barry's vote against the Illinois born alive bill and Governor Northam of Virginia support of offing born alive babies. Of course, he just ignored the actual facts on the ground along with the Gosnell horror factory.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Dazzling

It never happens and is illegal. Ok, it's legal some places but its rare. Well, its legal in Oregon because its important to the people the dazzler votes for. Geezus, I cited barry's vote against the Illinois born alive bill and Governor Northam of Virginia support of offing born alive babies. Of course, he just ignored the actual facts on the ground along with the Gosnell horror factory.
    While most abortions do happen in the first three months, there are plenty of late term abortions of healthy babies. Dazzler knows this because I've provided him with the numbers year ago when he and I first got into over this issue. His "Gerber baby" bullshit is just the standard strawman ass fuck he always uses when discussing this topic.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,137
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

With the qualifier that my evolved view on abortion is sincere, let me say this, about that: this is where it gets really difficult, and the argument wanders over from abortion to euthanasia, the latter of which I support, though I support it for clear-thinking, autonomous human beings making an informed and free choice. The fetus can't do that.

We know children form in the womb with all manner of issues, including missing organs, screwed up DNA, etc. Incredibly difficult moral decisions with which to wrestle there. Not sure where I sit in those circumstances. I probably go back to the idea that we? are not allowed to play the role of Dr. Mengele or Roman Emperor and have to let nature LIPO. Sometimes that can be nothing short of brutal.

I'll say this, as well: shame on all who use these very difficult situations for political maneuvering. I don't care which way you want to argue it; if you don't really care about it and have never truly had a sincerely held view before now, I think it's bad form to feign moral indignation in the name of winning. But this is America and it's what we do.

I have, for real, had two people close to me with born-in health problems, one of whom is no longer with us. In the case of the one who is with us, that person has accomplished more in their early 20s than most of us will achieve in a lifetime, and that's no shit. What a fucking winner. The kind of kid with which nobody wants to be compared. The one who passed lived a somewhat short and extremely painful existence, and we all periodically look back and wonder if we did the right thing putting that person through what they went through, which on a good day was a level of suffering that would bring any one of us here to our knees.

Yeah, if I ever did see my way to an exception for abortion, it would not be for Down's. Not even close. Where you start maybe thinking it's ok is when the fetus has no brain tissue ... things of that nature. Even then, it's slippery.
    I know someone who found out their baby had only a brain stem or something like that. They carried the baby to term. She lived an hour or so. It was their decision and the only one they felt they could live with. They named her and had a private burial with just the two of them.

They had quite a few shit stain humans criticizing them for it. I’d imagine the BidenBros of the time would have a meltdown over it.
    Pro-choice voter here.

So, you vote for people who think its fine to off the baby in the ninth month.
    This thing that never happens, at least not legally, is always your go to.

Schumer ran a 9 month abortion bill after the Supreme leak a couple months ago. The D's would pass that if they had the votes.

Incest pregnancies are a thing that never happens, too, but I'm sure that's one of your go-to talking points.

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

That doesn't work if you assign to the fetus a moral significance equal to that of a person. I do because I cannot logically do otherwise.

At that point, saying "don't have one but let me do it" is like saying "feel free to not murder people, but don't deprive others of their choice."

Agreed.

There's no good reason to do that, however.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

Schumer ran a 9 month abortion bill after the Supreme leak a couple months ago. The D's would pass that if they had the votes.

Incest pregnancies are a thing that never happens, too, but I'm sure that's one of your go-to talking points.

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

Agreed.

Yes, there is. And this is that good reason: nobody has been able to draw the very important distinction between having the moral relevance of (1) a clump of skin cells and (2) a person. I know: we draw lines of various degrees of precision all the time. 18 years old to drink and consent here, 21 there, etc. I get it. Need to do that to have any hope of an organized society.

But here, we're not talking about driving to Moscow to drink early in life or to get your driver's license. We're talking about a fairly fundamental point of existence: whether you can eliminate somebody or something, and whether you can't, based on whether they share the same moral agency you and I possess. There cannot be a line drawn between conception and the recently-born. At least, not an intellectually honest one.

I'm all ears if you have a better idea.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

Agreed.

Yes, there is. And this is that good reason: nobody has been able to draw the very important distinction between having the moral relevance of (1) a clump of skin cells and (2) a person. I know: we draw lines of various degrees of precision all the time. 18 years old to drink and consent here, 21 there, etc. I get it. Need to do that to have any hope of an organized society.

But here, we're not talking about driving to Moscow to drink early in life or to get your driver's license. We're talking about a fairly fundamental point of existence: whether you can eliminate somebody or something, and whether you can't, based on whether they share the same moral agency you and I possess. There cannot be a line drawn between conception and the recently-born. At least, not an intellectually honest one.

Just going to sit over here and watch @HHusky attempt to dazzle @creepycoug .

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

Agreed.

Weird how @HHusky slunk away...
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

HHusky said:

Pro-choice voter here.

Agreed.

Creep mops the floor with him. And it’s not close. It’s like an NBA player dunking on an 8th grader.
    Well I'm not gonna be against an angry cuban man when I have designs on being his son in law
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2022
    Dazzler running away from another thread like a pussy. He’s getting another banger ready like Pelosi visiting the pope or something.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022

I think if there's no threat to the mother, that's the right call, albeit a difficult one. If it threatens the mother and the child has no viability, then it's a tougher call. Flies in the face of my philosophy on the matter, but still, one can't help allowing some practicality to seep in in that narrow fact pattern.
    Glad to see we? are back to unfortunate necessity.

Also we? are still playing Dr Mengle in the US. Get your 4th jab, bro! But I digress...