Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC/UCLA sell Pac 12 couch

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I like that a bunch of Ducks just learned how unimportant they really are. Fox came calling and the only one that moved the needle was USC, and of course UCLA got the little brother pity invite. UW and Duck not part of the equation. I was under no illusions that UW sucks so no surprise there, but I love all the Ducks learning that they are worthless just like us.

Just googled “straw man” and it sent me back here.

Everyone understands exactly what just happened.

I’m sorry we ruined your day at Disneyland. Move on.
    lol

Loser.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,467
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It’s over. If I had any enthusiasm, for college football and/or uw, it’s gone. No warning. Just gone.

The game I fell in love with and everything that made it unique and special has been obliterated.

It’s turning into NFL Lite.
    The NFL at least makes sense. And it’s at least fair and honest.

College football is a steaming pile of illogical shit.
    TXDawg said:
    Nope. LA schools ghosted them which means they won't do any heavy lifting to get UW in to the B1G, either.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I like that a bunch of Ducks just learned how unimportant they really are. Fox came calling and the only one that moved the needle was USC, and of course UCLA got the little brother pity invite. UW and Duck not part of the equation. I was under no illusions that UW sucks so no surprise there, but I love all the Ducks learning that they are worthless just like us.

Just googled “straw man” and it sent me back here.

Everyone understands exactly what just happened.

I’m sorry we ruined your day at Disneyland. Move on.
    lol

Loser.
    Sorry to hear imaginary quooks run wild in your head. Maybe see a psychiatrist.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,835
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

It’s over. If I had any enthusiasm, for college football and/or uw, it’s gone. No warning. Just gone.

The game I fell in love with and everything that made it unique and special has been obliterated.

It’s turning into NFL Lite.
    Just kill it and have minor leagues. The players will be able to negotiate salary and endorsement deals and finally get paid what they are worth vs being under the thumb of the man.
    We need the Saudis to help us sort this out.
    6 game season with each game being 3 quarters long

Can you have 3 quarters? Wouldn't that be 3 thirds? What's the deal with that?
    Could have a division of the has beens: Washington, Miami, Nebraska, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Tennessee.
    Just need to add Army, Syracuse and Minnesota.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

I can't wait to figure out what scrub teams the PAC-12 will recruit into the conference. Any predictions?

If UW and Oregon manage to get a pity invite to the B1G the PAC will fold or become the new and improved MWC by bringing in the top-4 teams from the MWC. Hopefully the LA schools signaled this was coming to UW prior to it leaking or that's a really bad sign.
    I could see Oregon, but the second school would come out of Big 12. Baylor, Oklahoma State, maybe even Iowa State. They're not going to ask Washington to join. There not going to admit a team with a program and a fanbase in a death spiral. Even Utah probably has a better chance of getting in than Washington. We ain't such a big fish anymore.

On the flip side, if Oregon doesn't get an invite because of us, that'll be our biggest win over them in 20 years.
    We made three straight New Years Bowls not very long ago. Washington is a traditional top 20 program and isn't in a death spiral. Calm down, Tex
    Really?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,084
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Until this off season Oregon cared more than any west coast team

The advantage of being USC is being USC. Crank up the dollars and the brand is back

The Pac likes to break up dynasties. Fuck em
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,406
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They left for a pay raise of $70 million dollars more Per Year which over the course of the Fox TV deal will be close to a Billion Dollars in additional revenue.

No more no less

like it or not Pac Dead Presidents money makes the world go round.....
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,297
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For me, it's simple. Big10 or bust. If UW ends up in the Big10, I actually think it could be a good thing. If UW ends up in the Big12 or there is some kind of merger between the remaining Pac teams and the Big12 or ACC or anything else, fuck it. The end has come.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,297
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

We can all talk about losing the Pac 12 that we love. But let's be honest...

Is the Pac 12 of last year the Pac 12 we love? How about 5 years ago? 10?

Even during Chips run at Oregon in early 2010's, you had Oregon and Stanford, and that's it. During Pete's run, you had Washington and a decent USC. In USC's 2000's run, you had USC and everybody else.

The golden age of Pac 12 football in my eyes was from around 89'-03'

USC was good, Washington was dominant for stretches, Oregon finally awoken, Arizona had the desert storm defense, WSU had some fun teams, as did ASU with Jake Plummer, and UCLA had a couple Rose Bowl births.

89' to 03' is the Pac 12 I love and miss, and I think we need to realize that that Pac 12 was gone forever. The current Pac 12 even with the LA schools was never going to be a power again.

Sometimes life changes. Andy Bernard had the best line at the office finale “I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.” That's how I feel now. We have a new reality. Oregon and Washington will join the Big 10, that's all but a given.

Be thankful that we still have a chance to create a new good old days. Oregon State, Washington St, Arizona, and ASU may never have them again. That's the real tragedy.

I don’t think it’s missing the Pac specifically. I think it’s missing the regional shit across the country and all that. It’s what made it unique as others have said. I never needed a real champion, myself. The messy end of the season was fucking cool. People left mad instead of sad. #Aggravation. The bowls were shit hot all across the country and they meant something even if they shouldn’t have. Now I watch about 4 bowl games every year. Maybe expanded playoffs will be the way. Doesn’t feel like it though.

Not crying about it but the DNA we loved is now gone. Hard to say if we’ll like what comes out on the other end. That’s where we sit right now.
    Good points. But I haven't liked what's been coming out the other end for at least a decade.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,084
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We can all talk about losing the Pac 12 that we love. But let's be honest...

Is the Pac 12 of last year the Pac 12 we love? How about 5 years ago? 10?

Even during Chips run at Oregon in early 2010's, you had Oregon and Stanford, and that's it. During Pete's run, you had Washington and a decent USC. In USC's 2000's run, you had USC and everybody else.

The golden age of Pac 12 football in my eyes was from around 89'-03'

USC was good, Washington was dominant for stretches, Oregon finally awoken, Arizona had the desert storm defense, WSU had some fun teams, as did ASU with Jake Plummer, and UCLA had a couple Rose Bowl births.

89' to 03' is the Pac 12 I love and miss, and I think we need to realize that that Pac 12 was gone forever. The current Pac 12 even with the LA schools was never going to be a power again.

Sometimes life changes. Andy Bernard had the best line at the office finale “I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.” That's how I feel now. We have a new reality. Oregon and Washington will join the Big 10, that's all but a given.

Be thankful that we still have a chance to create a new good old days. Oregon State, Washington St, Arizona, and ASU may never have them again. That's the real tragedy.

Disagree