Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You fucked up, you trusted us.

13»

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Decriminalizing drugs isn't a good play. Making them easier to get just makes more addicts. Some drugs are so highly addictive one use makes addicts. Addicts are not something we need more of. Almost everything you see when looking at the homeless is caused by three things: mental problems, drugs or alcohol.

Where do these free drugs come from?

Sounds like you’re ready to go back to prohibition.
    You can buy them for the addicts then. I don't want to.
    You don’t buy alcohol for addicts, why would you think you’d buy drugs?

But you seem to enjoy spending billions on enforcement, incarceration, and waring with cartels.
    If I were king I'd bomb the cartels flat. No coca fields, no labs, no drug lords would survive. They are waging war on the U.S. and I'd treat it as such. China does everything through Mexico as well. We need strict border security and searches of anything coming through.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Decriminalizing drugs isn't a good play. Making them easier to get just makes more addicts. Some drugs are so highly addictive one use makes addicts. Addicts are not something we need more of. Almost everything you see when looking at the homeless is caused by three things: mental problems, drugs or alcohol.

But you seem to enjoy spending billions on enforcement, incarceration, and waring with cartels.

Sorry, but history has shown that argument is bankrupt.

The less Seattle pursues illegal drug activity, the more of it we see, and the more junkies come to Seattle, busting the bank of social services, which increase dramatically every year. Legalization is a nice theory. In practice, it's worse than the War on Drugs, given it's cost, failure rates, and lazy pro-drug assholes who inhabit all the rehab programs that don't work. At least the War on Drugs provides SOME LEVEL of deterrence. Harm Reduction provides absolutely none. Hence, its abject failure up and down the West Coast.
    You’re not listening. It’s not just decriminalizing drugs or making drugs legal. Like I said, Oregon fucked up. And you’re on,by seeing the tip of the iceberg. Strung out people of the streets. That number is dwarfed by people who are using and are not wandering around yelling. Again, Portugal, Not the half way stupid approach done in Oregon.

And yes, when all else fails the threat of incarceration is in play.
    Watch Sicario, toot-sweet. What is needed is order. Of any type.

Medellin.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sorry, but history has shown that argument is bankrupt.

The less Seattle pursues illegal drug activity, the more of it we see, and the more junkies come to Seattle, busting the bank of social services, which increase dramatically every year. Legalization is a nice theory. In practice, it's worse than the War on Drugs, given it's cost, failure rates, and lazy pro-drug assholes who inhabit all the rehab programs that don't work. At least the War on Drugs provides SOME LEVEL of deterrence. Harm Reduction provides absolutely none. Hence, its abject failure up and down the West Coast.
    You’re not listening. It’s not just decriminalizing drugs or making drugs legal. Like I said, Oregon fucked up. And you’re on,by seeing the tip of the iceberg. Strung out people of the streets. That number is dwarfed by people who are using and are not wandering around yelling. Again, Portugal, Not the half way stupid approach done in Oregon.

And yes, when all else fails the threat of incarceration is in play.
    That's the "rich white kids never go to jail" argument.

And it's true. And it does work.

Private $$ >>> Public $$.

If you can pay the freight, you can get as high as you want. And your family can handle rehab on their own.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

If I were king I'd bomb the cartels flat. No coca fields, no labs, no drug lords would survive. They are waging war on the U.S. and I'd treat it as such. China does everything through Mexico as well. We need strict border security and searches of anything coming through.
    And hundreds of Bradley Fighting Vehicles with M240 machine guns and A10 air support blowing everyone to pieces who crosses the boarder illegally!

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

And hundreds of Bradley Fighting Vehicles with M240 machine guns and A10 air support blowing everyone to pieces who crosses the boarder illegally!
    Tactical Nuke. Nobody likes Tijuana or Cuidad de Juarez anyway.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

Kaepsknee said:

Another shocking stat. Who could have seen this coming? This is the sh*t the dazzler votes for because he "cares".

https://instapundit.com/

MYSTIFIED: Overdoses Up 700% After Oregon Decriminalizes Hard Street Drugs. Officials Mystified.

There’s a case to be made for decriminalization, but it involves getting serious about mandator rehab and treatment for mental illness — not just leaving sick people out on the street to “self-medicate” themselves to death.

But that’s what passes for progressive compassion.

I’m very much into decriminalizing drugs. But as usual, the left figures out how to fuck it up.
    You already have case studies in Oregon and Washington.

But because you’re afraid Of getting busted with mushrooms, you stay on this stale, misinformed tact.

Sad.
    Disagree. Oregon did it but fucked it up. Portugal is actually the correct case study here.

I have never taken an illegal drug in my life.

But I know what the black market is.

I remember the country's prohibition on alcohol phase.

The "war on drugs" has been a costly and catastrophic failure.
    Harm Reduction doesn't work either.

We need to acknowledge the obvious: Some people can take drugs without fucking up their lives and burdening society. But too many can't, and they are, and will continue to be, drags on society who consume far too many resources because of their inabilities to handle or manage their addictions. You can appropriately call the war on drugs a failure. But you cannot point to any successes, either.

Read San Fransicko or shit, take a day trip to Vancouver BC to see the proof, first-hand.
    People will never stop getting messed up on drugs. They damage can only be contained. Not only did the war on drugs failed, it made things worse. See Portugal for a model of successful controlling the damage. Is the Portugal model scalable to the USA? Oregon tried it, but only did half of it.
    If you're dumb enough to get addicted to drugs, I shouldn't have to pay to get you sober. That's on you, druggie.

Some can afford it, some can't. Some steal to afford it. If you can't handle the heat, GTFO of the kitchen. Pretty basic.

PS: Harm reduction policies don't control the damage. They merely hide it, while the damage explodes.

Want proof? Look at the City and County budge requests for "low barrier housing and treatment."
    So you didn’t look into how Portugal does it.
    I'm aware of how Portugal does it, yes. But they have a comprehensive system that includes law enforcement keeping that shit out of public display and having addicts ruling it's downtowns. Seattle, Portland and Van BC want the easy parts of do-nothing "harm reduction" but they ignore and avoid the hard parts that instead land upon citizens and tourists who can't walk safely and unmolested through their downtowns.
    Whats your point? I said Portugal decriminalized drugs successful. Oregon half assed it and fucked it up. It can be done,but like everything the left touches here, it turns to shit.
    My point is that we in the US, especially on the West Coast, are too fucking lazy to follow up on any such treatment or diversion programs, so "harm reduction" is a complete and total myth. IDGAF what Portugal does. IT WILL NOT WORK IN THE U.S., ESPECIALLY THE WEST COAST.

So it's an idea that's DOA, but you can dream on about it as you like.
    Well, keep acting like the war on drugs is ever going to work. Best to get some better ideas on the table.
    I don't know that the WOD is ever a war that can be won but incarceration does deter some drug use and it does act a pretty good stick to get people into rehab. And yes I know that rehab is mostly a joke but finding yourself in jail is sometimes a great motivator for some to finally quit. You're never going to stop drug smuggling as long as there is a demand for the drugs, but you only need to look around to see what allowing open air drug use and handing out "free" needles does for us.
    SFGbob said:

Kaepsknee said:

Another shocking stat. Who could have seen this coming? This is the sh*t the dazzler votes for because he "cares".

MYSTIFIED: Overdoses Up 700% After Oregon Decriminalizes Hard Street Drugs. Officials Mystified.

There’s a case to be made for decriminalization, but it involves getting serious about mandator rehab and treatment for mental illness — not just leaving sick people out on the street to “self-medicate” themselves to death.

I’m very much into decriminalizing drugs. But as usual, the left figures out how to fuck it up.

But because you’re afraid Of getting busted with mushrooms, you stay on this stale, misinformed tact.

Sad.
    Disagree. Oregon did it but fucked it up. Portugal is actually the correct case study here.

We need to acknowledge the obvious: Some people can take drugs without fucking up their lives and burdening society. But too many can't, and they are, and will continue to be, drags on society who consume far too many resources because of their inabilities to handle or manage their addictions. You can appropriately call the war on drugs a failure. But you cannot point to any successes, either.

Read San Fransicko or shit, take a day trip to Vancouver BC to see the proof, first-hand.
    People will never stop getting messed up on drugs. They damage can only be contained. Not only did the war on drugs failed, it made things worse. See Portugal for a model of successful controlling the damage. Is the Portugal model scalable to the USA? Oregon tried it, but only did half of it.
    If you're dumb enough to get addicted to drugs, I shouldn't have to pay to get you sober. That's on you, druggie.

Some can afford it, some can't. Some steal to afford it. If you can't handle the heat, GTFO of the kitchen. Pretty basic.

PS: Harm reduction policies don't control the damage. They merely hide it, while the damage explodes.

Want proof? Look at the City and County budge requests for "low barrier housing and treatment."
    I'm aware of how Portugal does it, yes. But they have a comprehensive system that includes law enforcement keeping that shit out of public display and having addicts ruling it's downtowns. Seattle, Portland and Van BC want the easy parts of do-nothing "harm reduction" but they ignore and avoid the hard parts that instead land upon citizens and tourists who can't walk safely and unmolested through their downtowns.
    Whats your point? I said Portugal decriminalized drugs successful. Oregon half assed it and fucked it up. It can be done,but like everything the left touches here, it turns to shit.
    My point is that we in the US, especially on the West Coast, are too fucking lazy to follow up on any such treatment or diversion programs, so "harm reduction" is a complete and total myth. IDGAF what Portugal does. IT WILL NOT WORK IN THE U.S., ESPECIALLY THE WEST COAST.

Well, keep acting like the war on drugs is ever going to work. Best to get some better ideas on the table.
    I don't know that the WOD is ever a war that can be won but incarceration does deter some drug use and it does act a pretty good stick to get people into rehab. And yes I know that rehab is mostly a joke but finding yourself in jail is sometimes a great motivator for some to finally quit. You're never going to stop drug smuggling as long as there is a demand for the drugs, but you only need to look around to see what allowing open air drug use and handing out "free" needles does for us.
    Do you have any proof of this? Anecdotal evidence in my life says it’s a revolving door. Unless they find Jesus somewhere along they way they go back to prison over and over. I have a couple cousins who have been frequent guests at the Coyote Ridge Corrections Center.

Also, I’m not a free needle is or safe injection site guy. You TugCons think I’m arguing the position and direction the leftists have taken. I’m not.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

SFGbob said:

Kaepsknee said:

Sad.

Do you have any proof of this? Anecdotal evidence in my life says it’s a revolving door. Unless they find Jesus somewhere along they way they go back to prison over and over. I have a couple cousins who have been frequent guests at the Coyote Ridge Corrections Center.

Also, I’m not a free needle is or safe injection site guy. You TugCons think I’m arguing the position and direction the leftists have taken. I’m not.
    I agree, that's why I said that rehab is a joke. But there are some people who do find themselves at rock bottom, and it's usually when they find themselves in jail and have lost everything who do eventually quit.

I'd rather we get these people off the streets and at least make it more difficult for them to kill themselves.

SFGbob said:

Kaepsknee said:

Sad.

The percentages are slightly lower than rehab. It's the person. Its the situation they're going back to. And it's a lack of follow-up services.

Without a 12 step program, and a close community of support for sobriety, their closest friends will probably be fellow addicts.

SFGbob said:

Kaepsknee said:

Sad.

The percentages are slightly lower than rehab. It's the person. Its the situation they're going back to. And it's a lack of follow-up services.

Without a 12 step program, and a close community of support for sobriety, their closest friends will probably be fellow addicts.
    So you agree with me.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Nah we can put cheap drones up with machine guns with control available to the public pay to play. Might pay for everything.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Wtf you got a problem with TJ for?

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Twas but a joke, Amigo
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member Posts: 1,796

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Might I recommend….

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Twas but a joke, Amigo
    Look, if we are going to bash 2am runs to the border that end with crying at a donkey show then I AM OUT OF HERE.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Twas but a joke, Amigo
    Look, if we are going to bash 2am runs to the border that end with crying at a donkey show then I AM OUT OF HERE.