Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the people here over 40

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

Hold on. Gay people are gay for sure. I couldn't just start liking dudes.

Trans have a mental illness.

If you can't look at your dick and realize you're a dude then idk what to tell you

Gay was a "mental illness" until it wasn't.

Trans doesn't have any single explanation that I know of, but intersex people are definitely, objectively intersex. They aren't imagining it.

It's such an extreme minority that the actual trans shit doesn't really matter. It's mostly that it's their loudness in politics that's the problem
    I agree the "trans voice" is way out of proportion to its actual numbers today. But trans is a real thing. Hell, even if it could all be explained as mental illness, that wouldn't make it any less real.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

If you can't look at your dick and realize you're a dude then idk what to tell you

Trans doesn't have any single explanation that I know of, but intersex people are definitely, objectively intersex. They aren't imagining it.

It's such an extreme minority that the actual trans shit doesn't really matter. It's mostly that it's their loudness in politics that's the problem
    I agree the "trans voice" is way out of proportion to its actual numbers today. But trans is a real thing. Hell, even if it could all be explained as mental illness, that wouldn't make it any less real.
    The problem is that for your dipshit side letting them be have such an out of proportion voice doesn't help at all

But mostly it's the anti white message y'all have that will be the Dem downfall. That and I feel the Dems will be slow to court Latinos because they can't risk alienating the black vote
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

The problem is that for your dipshit side letting them be have such an out of proportion voice doesn't help at all

But mostly it's the anti white message y'all have that will be the Dem downfall. That and I feel the Dems will be slow to court Latinos because they can't risk alienating the black vote
    The fact the Democrats frequently practice bad politics is not lost on me.

Beating homosexuals in the shower may be better politics. I'm quite sure pretending that trans people are just imagining it is excellent politics.

I get impatient with all concerned for conflating what sells with what is best.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Do you recall a single "trans-gender" student during any of your 12 years of primary, Junior high and high school?

Nope. Not one. I'm in the camp with Douglas Murray on this one. We are making permanent decisions with kids, and we are managing our culture on the basis of an all-in assumption that trans is like gay: just who you are. Murray (who is gay) says, and I agree, that we don't know much of anything about trans and we should, at the very least, be pumping the breaks on it. He also believes, as do I, that mental illness is likely a big driver, but being the academic that he is, he doens't firmly conclude on that point w/o a study. At least as far as the last talk he gave that I have watched.

Although I am not gay (I swear!) and have no gay children or siblings, I don't agree with the subtle conflation of trans and gay in the public discourse on this issue. And that's on both sides of the debate.

Gay has been with us since the dawn of time, and while I believe there can be some "fashionable" joining of a lifestyle on some occasions for a period of time, it seems that homosexuality is largely a born-in trait. Trans is something else altogether from what I can tell.
    This would make an excellent discussion. What have you witnessed that would indicate homosexuality is genetic? I'd say it is more environmental.

There are studies that show similarities in (1) gay men and straight women and (2) gay women and straight men, in parts of the brain that are associated with sexual observation and behavior. The prevailing thought is that sexual orientation is largely genetic, further supported by the fact that animals demonstrate gay behavior at times.

The transgender/gender dysphoria issue is more...complicated. Some evidence suggests that it's a combination of genetic and environmental factors, but from what I can tell, the genetic evidence is tenuous at best (perhaps genetic to the extent that more impressionable and/or depressed people tend to end up with gender dysphoria as a coping mechanism).
    Prevailing thought was we were all going to die from the flu. Prevailing thought was we all needed to take bullshit shots to save ourselves from being stacked. Show me the fucking genetic science not some bullshit RAT feelings.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still don't know any.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Trans is an real as anorexia. Same category. Both very real mental disorders…

HTH
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Beating homosexuals in the shower may be better politics. I'm quite sure pretending that trans people are just imagining it is excellent politics.

Most of all this shit is just on the media and the internet. Very few people actually care about this shit when their daily lives are less comfortable than several years ago.

So making it a center point of the platform is idiotic
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Most of all this shit is just on the media and the internet. Very few people actually care about this shit when their daily lives are less comfortable than several years ago.

So making it a center point of the platform is idiotic
    No disagreement.
  • Options
    RoadTrip said:

Sources said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

Do you recall a single "trans-gender" student during any of your 12 years of primary, Junior high and high school?

Nope. Not one. I'm in the camp with Douglas Murray on this one. We are making permanent decisions with kids, and we are managing our culture on the basis of an all-in assumption that trans is like gay: just who you are. Murray (who is gay) says, and I agree, that we don't know much of anything about trans and we should, at the very least, be pumping the breaks on it. He also believes, as do I, that mental illness is likely a big driver, but being the academic that he is, he doens't firmly conclude on that point w/o a study. At least as far as the last talk he gave that I have watched.

Although I am not gay (I swear!) and have no gay children or siblings, I don't agree with the subtle conflation of trans and gay in the public discourse on this issue. And that's on both sides of the debate.

Gay has been with us since the dawn of time, and while I believe there can be some "fashionable" joining of a lifestyle on some occasions for a period of time, it seems that homosexuality is largely a born-in trait. Trans is something else altogether from what I can tell.
    This would make an excellent discussion. What have you witnessed that would indicate homosexuality is genetic? I'd say it is more environmental.

There are studies that show similarities in (1) gay men and straight women and (2) gay women and straight men, in parts of the brain that are associated with sexual observation and behavior. The prevailing thought is that sexual orientation is largely genetic, further supported by the fact that animals demonstrate gay behavior at times.

The transgender/gender dysphoria issue is more...complicated. Some evidence suggests that it's a combination of genetic and environmental factors, but from what I can tell, the genetic evidence is tenuous at best (perhaps genetic to the extent that more impressionable and/or depressed people tend to end up with gender dysphoria as a coping mechanism).
    Prevailing thought was we were all going to die from the flu. Prevailing thought was we all needed to take bullshit shots to save ourselves from being stacked. Show me the fucking genetic science not some bullshit RAT feelings.
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150213112317.htm?msclkid=9ec5ed35b91d11eca6938f129d621e9c
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fuck you cunt. I will never open a link you post here. Go suck on a shotgun faggot.
  • Options
    RoadTrip said:

Sources said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150213112317.htm?msclkid=9ec5ed35b91d11eca6938f129d621e9c
    RoadTrip said:

Fuck you cunt. I will never open a link you post here. Go suck on a shotgun faggot.

"Show me the fucking genetic science not some bullshit RAT feelings."

Make up your mind, lady.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I still don't know any.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Trans is an real as anorexia. Same category. Both very real mental disorders…

HTH
    While I agree with the mental illness aspect I believe that most cases are not inherited, rather they are developed.

I’m not sure if we can describe Trans people as being born with a mental illness. I believe it’s more of an innate birth defect. The mental illness part comes from the struggle of being able to identify whom they are because of the defect. It’s inflamed by the social norms that society presents as well.

This is similar to gay people as well. My son is gay and I have no problem saying he was born with a defect as he is in the vast minority when it comes to sexual preference. Reproduction is the key to any mammals survival and therefore being gay or trans is clearly a defect. The mental illness part comes with the pressures of society and self reflection(is something wrong with me). But those born with this defect who are in a loving and accepting household are less likely to have the severe mental illness issues that many people have who are born this way.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

It's a mental illness until proven otherwise. I've never seen any credible evidence to the contrary. The way I understand it, homosexuality is at least partially genetic.

If you go through the day and switch between genders, you need a lot of therapy. Hell, if you have blue hair and nose rings like all these nasty woke people, you need it.
  • Options

HHusky said:

It's a mental illness until proven otherwise. I've never seen any credible evidence to the contrary. The way I understand it, homosexuality is at least partially genetic.

If you go through the day and switch between genders, you need a lot of therapy. Hell, if you have blue hair and nose rings like all these nasty woke people, you need it.
    Smear the queer worked well for my gen.

Hell a couple dudes came out as gay and no one cared.
  • Options
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7477289/

There's actually been a lot of study on this topic.

Be careful RoadTrip! You might learn something . . . and that would spoil your perfect record.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Be careful RoadTrip! You might learn something . . . and that would spoil your perfect record.

Nobody's gonna read that shit nerd
  • Options

HHusky said:

Imagine my surprise.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Imagine my surprise.
    I'm 33. I ain't the target market of this thread
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

This is the kind of non-serious, sarcastic shit only a person who thinks they're cute and smart writes. Mama's Boy, en todo.

A real man dad would've punished or beat this smart-ass, bitch-speak out of you as a kid. Obviously your mom wore the pants in your house. And it resulted in pathetic you.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

This is the kind of non-serious, sarcastic shit only a person who thinks they're cute and smart writes. Mama's Boy, en todo.

A real man dad would've punished or beat this smart-ass, bitch-speak out of you as a kid. Obviously your mom wore the pants in your house. And it resulted in pathetic you.
    I think I'm pretty damn smart.

But maybe you got beaten more as a child.

Lucky you!