Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taimani is gone

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,774
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

But how was Malloe overrated?

I remember Dennis saying Malloe had the greatest dline class in UW history in 2018.

Saama Paama, Tuitele, Bandes, and Ngalu. Not one legitimately good player from the bunch. Tuitele is the only one that might even end up being an average PAC 12 starter. This was the leveling up bullshit that was always dumb.

It’s hard to top a four man rotation of Vea, Gaines, Jaylen Johnson, and Qualls/Levi.
    I hope maybe Bandes can flip a switch because I don't think he's a pussy. Tuitele has gotten enough run, I'm not sure about him. Maybe a non GA coach improves them enough.

Yeah I guess he gets credit for Levi.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

haie said:

But how was Malloe overrated?

I remember Dennis saying Malloe had the greatest dline class in UW history in 2018.

Saama Paama, Tuitele, Bandes, and Ngalu. Not one legitimately good player from the bunch. Tuitele is the only one that might even end up being an average PAC 12 starter. This was the leveling up bullshit that was always dumb.

It’s hard to top a four man rotation of Vea, Gaines, Jaylen Johnson, and Qualls/Levi.
    that was weird the Saama decided to just quit college football. There was a time I thought he was going to be vea 2.0. I know, stupid doog thing to think. But damn... to just quit before even getting started.
    Bandes looks bad. Ngalu never plays. Voi is good and Peihopa looks like he could be good. I hope we portal in another though.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OreDawg said:

He had like one good play this year. A sack in the backfield but can’t remember against whom…maybe cal? Yeah that’s proof we won’t miss him

I thought it was Oregon state. But yeah, the D kine didn’t do anything. Not gonna shed any tears over this.

The others guys didn't do much either
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If he had been a mid-low ranked 3 star guy, people would hate him. Because he was a big recruiting win we pretend he was better than he actually was. I imagine he ends up somewhere like San Jose State
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

If he had been a mid-low ranked 3 star guy, people would hate him. Because he was a big recruiting win we pretend he was better than he actually was. I imagine he ends up somewhere like San Jose State

never understood why he was a four star DT, when he only played oline senior year in high school (and wasn't that good at oline)
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,998
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Taimani wasn’t great but when you compare him against other defensive tackles in the conference he was definitely on par with what the majority of the schools would roll out and in some cases better. Yes the conference sucks.

@RoadDawg55 had it best though. Change the scheme.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 758
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Stop rippin’ on the kids. Their parents might read this bored.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

JAG

And then some. Guy was never worth a shit
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

True freshman tufuuni flashed more this year than taimani ever did

Flush the quitters, they couldn’t even get it together against Montana juvenile detention center.

I was going to say something like this. All of our recent studs on the D Line flashed right away. Gaines was a fucking unit as a true freshman. I don't recal Vea's Freshman/1st season but he was already one of the best linemen in the Pac his Sophmore year. Zion balled out early on etc. All of these guys were like fringe "top 500" or whatever the fuck that means in recruiting.

The only example I can remember of a decent DL/OLB recruit who was recruited high that started slow and got really good by his Junior/Sr year was JoJo Mathis.
  • Options
    I really see no difference in frosh Tuli compared to 2021 Tuli. Neither one of them were 4 star guys, just big guys
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,211
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Both are bums. Average at best. Really disappointing how they haven’t developed
  • Options
    KimsCopperPennyKimsCopperPenny Member Posts: 221
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

JAG

Might be but this roster is running thin at even JAG's at the moment. One more pickup we are going to need to make via the portal from UC Davis.
    I look forward to newspaper articles quoting UC Davis people pissed off that we’ve gutted their program.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,018
    Do we have a DL coach yet?

Do we even have a DC yet?

Maybe this kid wasn't all Pac12 but why the fuck is he leaving when he has been a starter?
  • Options

JAG

Might be but this roster is running thin at even JAG's at the moment. One more pickup we are going to need to make via the portal from UC Davis.
    I look forward to newspaper articles quoting UC Davis people pissed off that we’ve gutted their program.
    UC Davis probably plungers us last year
  • Options

Do we have a DL coach yet?

Do we even have a DC yet?

Maybe this kid wasn't all Pac12 but why the fuck is he leaving when he has been a starter?

We are FULL
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Might be evidence of it being a positive Malloe is gone. He had 2 very good recruiting classes and wasnt able to develop any of those guys. IIRC Choate was more responsible for developing guys like Shelton, Gaines, and Vea
  • Options
    Coaches told him to hit the road
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Might be evidence of it being a positive Malloe is gone. He had 2 very good recruiting classes and wasnt able to develop any of those guys. IIRC Choate was more responsible for developing guys like Shelton, Gaines, and Vea