Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Strange thing to retweet if you weren’t interested or already slated for the position
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Looks like we’re bringing #faithfamilyfootball , in that order, to Montlake! Might as well add Clay to the staff at this point, lord knows we have positions available
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dude looks like he could crack some heads. Good to have a coach like that on staff I guess. No idea if he can coach.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think @sonics1993 mentioned his concern that a lot of mwc coaches just schlep all their mwc underlings with them to the next level. Whelp, doogitup.gif for being Fresno State North.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    just popping in to say... wood the crazy eyes hot blonde daughter. that is all. found common ground? @Swaye

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tujague would be a good oline coach hire. Not sure why this board is suddenly in meltdown mode.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Same concerns I had with Petersen bringing his Boise State staff and Babushka with him.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,583
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

I think @sonics1993 mentioned his concern that a lot of mwc coaches just schlep all their mwc underlings with them to the next level. Whelp, doogitup.gif for being Fresno State North.

Yup. We are on Day 14 with Kalen, and this guy doesn't even have half his staff put together, had three decommits, no commits, and will most likely have 6-8 players transfer out before the winter Quarter. Great start
    in my view we needed to immediately offer to grossly overpay (and I mean really overpay) to get a big time DC and OC right out of the gate in order to then also attract the other key recruiter / position coaches to create ignition / none of which did we do.

Of course if we were really up for overpaying the initial hires at OC and DC shouldn’t we have just done that to get a high level established HC?

Failing to do that then now means that we are in the double digits range of levels of attractiveness for the remaining coaching pool…. In other words, a giant uphill battle that is now not going well. No big surprise in that hiring a bright but mid level coach is a tenuous move at best in the first place, especially for a program with a known dead woman walking as the AD

Is anyone other than the AD truly surprised that the supporting coaching staff is going to wind up being a bunch of up and coming guys from mid America conferences?

As of the coaching change we were ranked right behind WSU in recruiting (78th?) and just for comparison, Fresno was ranked 98th / these guys are going to be our recruiters?

I place this debacle at the feet of the gutless and clueless AD for again demonstrating an obvious failure to understand the dynamics of how to build a successful program
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

in my view we needed to immediately offer to grossly overpay (and I mean really overpay) to get a big time DC and OC right out of the gate in order to then also attract the other key recruiter / position coaches to create ignition / none of which did we do.

Of course if we were really up for overpaying the initial hires at OC and DC shouldn’t we have just done that to get a high level established HC?

UW once hired Tyrone Willingham. So Fuck Yes, UW will waste umpteen millions on coaches.

The question is whether it's spent wisely or thrown into the bonfire, a critical difference which UW still struggles to comprehend.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UVA's starting center is a grad transfer, btw. One of PFF's highest graded this year.