Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do we doog too much?

Comments

• Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I think doog refers to anyone who has posted on Dawgman more than like 15 times and never been given a timeout or had access revoked.
    And yes, there has been a lot of doog like commentary here lately. Off-season championships are the only time it is permissible.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cougarfs said:

I always thought “coog” also referred to a certain brand of low life cougar. The kind of people who spend their money on pull tabs and ranier beer, renters, not Harvey Road, etc…

If you're going to criticize Rainier beer, I am out.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

or has the term "doog" evolved?

Doog was originally meant to mean "Dawg coog", in that they are the UW equivalent of a coog. They care more about Oregon or Wazzu losing than anything positive with UW. The Jilted Ducks thread is a classic example of doog.

However, the term is used frequently outside this context, especially in times of genuine or faux excitement. Those feel more like the old Posi/Nega arguments of the mid-2000s.

Thoughts?

Cristobal leaving thread has over 26,000 views, so you tell me.
    And half of them are you hitting refresh and commenting how little you care.
    Yeah, but that’s not what really happened, is it?

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHB and then this place was started to have a doog free place to gather. It’s all fucked up now. Doogs galore
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

HHB and then this place was started to have a doog free place to gather. It’s all fucked up now. Doogs galore

You and Sven going back and forth about nothing was so much better.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

Doog was originally meant to mean "Dawg coog", in that they are the UW equivalent of a coog. They care more about Oregon or Wazzu losing than anything positive with UW. The Jilted Ducks thread is a classic example of doog.

However, the term is used frequently outside this context, especially in times of genuine or faux excitement. Those feel more like the old Posi/Nega arguments of the mid-2000s.

Thoughts?

I get it Mike. We all get it. You DON'T care. Maybe make another 2,000 posts about it.
    The question was whether or not you’re all flaming doogs. I just answered the question.

You seem to have taken it personally. You’re probably right to have done so.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,075
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021
    Dooging is the refusal or inability to keep it real, to call a spade a spade, etc. See: Broadcastingdoog calling UW basketball getting blown out at home by an Oregon squad that traveled 7 players "a great effort". Doogs will make excuses for everything, denying the reality beating them in the face.

If Oregon had hired DeBoer, for example, imagine the non stop dooging around here about hiring some nobody from the Mountain West. But since the shoe is on the other foot, the forecast completely changes. That's dooging. He's the same coach today he was a month ago, but depending on what color tie he's wearing everything changes. If Oregon hires Aranda(they won't) it will be "lulz, he won 2 games in 2020", but if UW had hired him it would have been a grand slam.

And yes, the doog is as strong here today as it ever was or is on dawgman or bdtw. See: Broadcastingdoog, bill, haie, btp, huskyjw, insincere, greenriver, etc, etc, etc. People who derive their own egos from the rivalry and are unable to accept certain realities without their world crashing down.

It bums me out, because I DO care and have zero shame admitting it. This place used to be where doogs came to get eviscerated, where the shit wasn't tolerated, yet now dooging is mainstream even here. It's why I poast here instead of on the quook sites, because there used to be so many people who appreciated keeping it real. Alas.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,810
    Founders Club

dnc said:

DDY and PGOS both used it for anyone they disagreed with and they were on opposite ends of most arguments so pretty much lost all meaning after that.

Far overused term.

So we can blame DDY and PGOS for undermining the culture and heritage of HH?

Bazey always has this gif chambered
    This is what I picture Bazey looking like +20 yrs with some scruff ...

@PurpleBaze

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Thoughts?

I get it Mike. We all get it. You DON'T care. Maybe make another 2,000 posts about it.
    The question was whether or not you’re all flaming doogs. I just answered the question.

You seem to have taken it personally. You’re probably right to have done so.
    tl;dr
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,473
    Swaye's Wigwam