Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do we doog too much?

124»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I mock myself for dooging too. In other words anytime I'm optimistic about UW football I feel mockery is justified.

But back when the word was actually useful and had some meaning, it was about:

Supporting Ty and then supporting Sark while bashing Ty.

Being a doogman staff minion

Thinking that impotent swings and misses at high profile recruits and ending up with a bunch of 2* nobody's to fill the gaps was better than sewing up solid to good classes early on and sitting on them.

Reveling in whatever perceived misfortune might befall the ducks and constantly anticipating their downfall while UW is mired in ineptitude.

Academic smack talk

Clinging to all time records and past glory to counter a long period of dominate by the ducks

A few other things.

The word gets overused. We're almost all UW fans. Hoping for or seeing some signs that things could go well doesn't make one a doog. That's just being a fan. Failing to recognize when they're not, or can't possibly go well is being a doog. Talking a little shit in advance of rivalry matchups, even ones *we're likely to lose, does not make one a doog. Irrational positivity (like the original five reasons) twisted into some kind of "analysis" that points to a dwag win and shit talking based off of that = doog. Shit talking UO after any of the 11 or however fucking many in a row, usually academis or locale smack, is being a doog.

Whatever. I doog when I feel like it and don't when I don't and pay Stalin a few bucks a year for the right to. Everyone else can EMFA if they don't do everything and think just like me.

Nobody here wanted Jimmy Lake to get more time. Fans being excited about him being fired and a new coach is being a fan.

Very few actually give a shit about the Doog stuff. Damone is stuck in 2008 and doesn’t like that nobody gives a fuck about him now. The newbies think of him as any other boring poster.
    Nobody ever gave a fuck about me. HTH.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

chuck said:

I mock myself for dooging too. In other words anytime I'm optimistic about UW football I feel mockery is justified.

Thinking that impotent swings and misses at high profile recruits and ending up with a bunch of 2* nobody's to fill the gaps was better than sewing up solid to good classes early on and sitting on them.

Reveling in whatever perceived misfortune might befall the ducks and constantly anticipating their downfall while UW is mired in ineptitude.

Academic smack talk

Clinging to all time records and past glory to counter a long period of dominate by the ducks

A few other things.

The word gets overused. We're almost all UW fans. Hoping for or seeing some signs that things could go well doesn't make one a doog. That's just being a fan. Failing to recognize when they're not, or can't possibly go well is being a doog. Talking a little shit in advance of rivalry matchups, even ones *we're likely to lose, does not make one a doog. Irrational positivity (like the original five reasons) twisted into some kind of "analysis" that points to a dwag win and shit talking based off of that = doog. Shit talking UO after any of the 11 or however fucking many in a row, usually academis or locale smack, is being a doog.

Whatever. I doog when I feel like it and don't when I don't and pay Stalin a few bucks a year for the right to. Everyone else can EMFA if they don't do everything and think just like me.

Nobody here wanted Jimmy Lake to get more time. Fans being excited about him being fired and a new coach is being a fan.

Very few actually give a shit about the Doog stuff. Damone is stuck in 2008 and doesn’t like that nobody gives a fuck about him now. The newbies think of him as any other boring poster.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Academic smack talk

A few other things.

Kim cared enough to auto-redact your name. HTH.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dtd said:

All day, huh?

Leave fudge pack alone. He’s not quite “all there”
    Ewe wood No.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

Academic smack talk

A few other things.

You have a fat chick as an ad. Any optimism at all is dooging