Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What was you worst / most embarrassing sports moment

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Probably when Teagan Quintoariano sodomized me with a TV remote
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021

Can't think of anything particularly embarassing from playing team sports, but for reasons I won't get into I entered a triathlon in my late teens that I barely trained for.

I really had no business being in one, and the swimming portion was a huge embarassment in itself, but I did well enough in the cycling and running portions that it wouldn't have been a complete and total embarassment.

Except for some reason the finish line was at the top of a pretty steep hill, and I had given everything I had trying to make up for the time I lost in the swimming portion. I still decided to full sprint, to the extent that I could, up that final hill to get it over with.

As I got to the top I suddenly felt an intense cramp in both legs simultaneously, which caused me to fall over immediately as if I'd been shot, letting out a loud-pitched scream, and literally rolling over the finish line in front of a small crowd of people.

Took a few seconds for people to realize what had happened and start laughing at my expense, while I had to wait for the cramp to recede enough that I could actually manage to stand up and slink away to hide my shame.

Speaking of triathlons, the championship distance (IRONMAN) started in Hawaii when some one decided to combine an existing rough water swim, a bike race around the perimeter of oahu and the Honolulu maraton.

So I move to Kona from Seattle in the early 80s and a month or two later I get a chance to work at an aids tation and hand out water bottles to the bikers. You had to sprint along side them and seamlessly hand them the bottle so they didn't have to slow down (much).

I had a grand time while thinking hey this isn't too hard. Also, as others tired out (and the last bikers came through), it seemed like my fellow volunteers were content to let me handle the water for most of the riders that weren't in a group.

I cramped up BADLY while in the Condo hot tub later that night and someone asked me if I participated in the triathlon that day.

Well.........................................................................................................................., I handed out water bottles.

FYFMFE
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    A couple of years ago at a CrossFit competition I failed to clean 260lbs. Little did I know, I only needed to hit 255 to get 3rd in that event. (Max clean and 2 front squats) I didn’t need to make the jump from 250 to 260. It was humiliating. I’ll never forget that one, that’s for sure.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

A couple of years ago at a CrossFit competition I failed to clean 260lbs. Little did I know, I only needed to hit 255 to get 3rd in that event. (Max clean and 2 front squats) I didn’t need to make the jump from 250 to 260. It was humiliating. I’ll never forget that one, that’s for sure.

Humble brag?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Humble brag?
    Call it what you will. It was embarrassing
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

This explains so much.
    Hurtful. I try to post stories and little vignettes that I think people here would find entertaining and amusing. I work hard at it. I really do. I’m out here working my tail off. Then I get this crap. It really takes the wind out of my sails, to be quite honest.
    It’s hard

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    When I was 5 and played divegrass my cleat was untied and I went to kick the ball as hard as I could to score. Missed the ball completely and my cleat flew like 20 yards.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Humble brag?
    More like cross fit competition??....Pfffftttttttt that shit is gay as fuck.