Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Oregon is really going to finish 10-4 😂

2018 huskies without the conference title.
    Or the Rose Bowl humiliation.
    two mountain west humiliations.
    Us losing you Utah and you hiring the Fresno guy?
    Cringey, even for you.
    Imagine spending all of 2021 taking shit about the mountain west and then hiring the mountain west, west runner up to lead your program.

Must be pretty hard to come to grips with.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Beno4Life said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

Justin Wilcox might be their best realistic option at this point.

Recruiting will take a step back to Chris Petersen at UW range but this is ultimately an upgrade imo.
    The defense at Oregon under Wilcox will be improved but until proven otherwise I think Wiclox has offense AIDS. He just spreads it to whomever coaches offense under him. Baldwin was on an upward arc until he met Wilcox. Musgrave was an uninspired choice but even he is under what he produced at Virginia. This was the main reason I was wary of the Wilcox superior culture coming to UW. I just can’t handle any more bad offense.

My fear is that Wilcox, as an alum, could end up the type who's there for 20 years.
    Yes, as a Junction City kid and UO alum, he probably seems appealing from a "we're a stepping stone school" perspective

OreDawg said:

Recruiting will take a step back to Chris Petersen at UW range but this is ultimately an upgrade imo.
    The defense at Oregon under Wilcox will be improved but until proven otherwise I think Wiclox has offense AIDS. He just spreads it to whomever coaches offense under him. Baldwin was on an upward arc until he met Wilcox. Musgrave was an uninspired choice but even he is under what he produced at Virginia. This was the main reason I was wary of the Wilcox superior culture coming to UW. I just can’t handle any more bad offense.

It might not be lightning in a bottle right away but he's going to bring stability and might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine.
    This is a bunch of platitude nonsense that doesn't mean anything. Bringing "stability" means nothing unless you're a good coach. This is one of those buzzwords on Twitter people throw out to try and sound smart. What does 'might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine' mean? How do you qualify this? Gibberish.

OreDawg said:

Oregon has a culture problem imo and Wilcox could very well be the type to fix it, or at least add a little substance to their charade.

What does this mean? Culture problem of good recruiting? Hiring good coaches? What substance to what charade? This entire post feels like it was written by a ML algorithm that doesn't quite understand the training data yet

OreDawg said:

He will have the tools to do it. I could see him becoming Oregon's Whittingham. Not saying this will for sure happen by any means but I think it's a decent possibility that he's exactly what Oregon needs.
    Can you name literally any metric outside of "has ties to the physical area" that says Wilcox could be their Whittingham? Literally every sentence you typed is brutal wharrgarble nonsense.

Glad to see that my dog isn't the only one dumb enough to try fighting high volume sprinklers. There's also the one pictured, and @CallMeBigErn
    I prefer revolving door Oregon coaching. In fact, I love it. You don't see it that way and that's cool, Chuck. That's cool.
    You were just stating that hiring Wilcox would bring 20 years of stability to Oregon.
    Bro, did you read the context? I'm saying there's a part of me that thinks that he could be the type to do so. Not saying he will ffs. I don't consider my opinion to be fact unlike some here. I'm raising the point that he could be good for Oregon as devil's advocate. Chill.
    He actually could be. I don't think it's a high probability, but I see your main point. I mean there are mega resources there, and if he could luck into or find a really quality innovative offensive mind he could maybe do some damage there. I'd have hated him at UW, but there is a different dynamic there.

The one thing that would worry me as a Duck fan (and you alluded to this arguing the other way though) is his "stable" (read that as boring) type mentality. Oregon has always been loud, garish and new money rich. It's a huge part of their persona. That is not Wilcox. So I appreciate you thinking he might "fix" that in a sense, but I think fixing it would break them. It's a 2nd tier school in a shithole town. What makes them get top 10 recruiting classes is the new money swagger.

Just my thoughts. On balance, I hope like fuck UO hires Wilcocks because I think there is a 10% chance or less he kills it. But there is a chance.
    He’s Mario 2.0 w/o the recruiting. Absolute wrong choice which is why Mullins will hire him.
    Nike and PK recruits for Oregon. Who ever they get will recruit fine. The notion that MC is such an outstanding recruiter is a myth. I could recruit to Oregon just as well. Money talks.
    It’s been pretty well documented by recruits, recruits’ parents (ie Hugh Breed Love Millen), and former staffers (ie Cooper Petagna) that Cristo cares more about recruiting than anything else and implores his staff to recruit like it’s the SEC.

So yeah, combined that effort and acumen with PK money and you have top-10 classes.
    My point is Oregon’s floor with a dope like Helfrich is higher that UW’s ceiling as demonstrated by Petersen
    Wanna pull up the NFL draft charts for those years?
    NOGAF about the NFL.
    His point isn't about the NFL. The best players go play there. Petersen sent more players to the NFL than Helf because he had better players...because he recruited better players.

Simple fact.
    No. He developed them better. Simple fact. Unless you’re going the RANKINGS DON’T MATTER! route. Which is FS.
    The rankings don't really matter when you only give them a cursory glance. They were rated slightly higher. The ranking difference is insignificant.

I sure as hell don't value rankings over actual performance. You're just reaching into the bag of doogish excuses to try supporting your point. Petersen's players were better, therefore he recruited better. When you're not a top 5 recruiting program, eval matters way more than rankings do. Petersen evaluated better and recruited better. Simple. You can argue otherwise but you can't support it with anything other than your customary cuntiness.
    Christ. The point still escapes you. Dumbfuck.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Cringey, even for you.
    Imagine spending all of 2021 taking shit about the mountain west and then hiring the mountain west, west runner up to lead your program.

Ugh, not really.

Power 5's pillage the mountain west, aac, whatever the fuck USF was in when Oregon got Tags, all the time.

Not the same thing as getting your ass kicked twice, second time your coach is actively trying to bail by half time because he knows his tuff guy schtick has been exposed.

Not entirely sure it'll happen yet, but there's a real possibility he just went from talking playoffs to actively recruiting your class away from you in a matter of weeks.

It's hilarious and you're upset. Might wanna go back to FishDuck 2.forever with truBeavlet and the other fucking idiots. Maybe Bob will show back up again to cry with you.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Cringey, even for you.

Ugh, not really.

Power 5's pillage the mountain west, aac, whatever the fuck USF was in when Oregon got Tags, all the time.

Not the same thing as getting your ass kicked twice, second time your coach is actively trying to bail by half time because he knows his tuff guy schtick has been exposed.

Not entirely sure it'll happen yet, but there's a real possibility he just went from talking playoffs to actively recruiting your class away from you in a matter of weeks.

It's hilarious and you're upset. Might wanna go back to FishDuck 2.forever with truBeavlet and the other fucking idiots. Maybe Bob will show back up again to cry with you.
    Haie really doesn’t care about Oregon football. Really he doesn’t.

What a F’n weirdo.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Cringey, even for you.

Ugh, not really.

Writes 5 paragraphs, calls someone’s else upset.
  • Options

When Crisco goes to Miami will they automatically be labeled a big physical, tough team or does that kind of bullshit stay in Eugene with the hardestworkin comms team in the biz? I hope Hurricanes fans like watching the nation's best blocking schemes and quarterbacks who struggle to make passes over the line of scrimmage.

I’m looking forward to the opener v UGA next year and not hearing.

“Mario is building an SEC type squad out West”.
  • Options

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Cringey, even for you.

Ugh, not really.

Writes 5 paragraphs, calls someone’s else upset.
    Aspy
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Beno4Life said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

My fear is that Wilcox, as an alum, could end up the type who's there for 20 years.
    Yes, as a Junction City kid and UO alum, he probably seems appealing from a "we're a stepping stone school" perspective

OreDawg said:

It might not be lightning in a bottle right away but he's going to bring stability and might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine.
    This is a bunch of platitude nonsense that doesn't mean anything. Bringing "stability" means nothing unless you're a good coach. This is one of those buzzwords on Twitter people throw out to try and sound smart. What does 'might be less about the glitzy glamorous Oregon hype machine' mean? How do you qualify this? Gibberish.

OreDawg said:

Oregon has a culture problem imo and Wilcox could very well be the type to fix it, or at least add a little substance to their charade.

What does this mean? Culture problem of good recruiting? Hiring good coaches? What substance to what charade? This entire post feels like it was written by a ML algorithm that doesn't quite understand the training data yet

OreDawg said:

He will have the tools to do it. I could see him becoming Oregon's Whittingham. Not saying this will for sure happen by any means but I think it's a decent possibility that he's exactly what Oregon needs.
    Can you name literally any metric outside of "has ties to the physical area" that says Wilcox could be their Whittingham? Literally every sentence you typed is brutal wharrgarble nonsense.

Glad to see that my dog isn't the only one dumb enough to try fighting high volume sprinklers. There's also the one pictured, and @CallMeBigErn
    I prefer revolving door Oregon coaching. In fact, I love it. You don't see it that way and that's cool, Chuck. That's cool.
    You were just stating that hiring Wilcox would bring 20 years of stability to Oregon.
    Bro, did you read the context? I'm saying there's a part of me that thinks that he could be the type to do so. Not saying he will ffs. I don't consider my opinion to be fact unlike some here. I'm raising the point that he could be good for Oregon as devil's advocate. Chill.
    He actually could be. I don't think it's a high probability, but I see your main point. I mean there are mega resources there, and if he could luck into or find a really quality innovative offensive mind he could maybe do some damage there. I'd have hated him at UW, but there is a different dynamic there.

The one thing that would worry me as a Duck fan (and you alluded to this arguing the other way though) is his "stable" (read that as boring) type mentality. Oregon has always been loud, garish and new money rich. It's a huge part of their persona. That is not Wilcox. So I appreciate you thinking he might "fix" that in a sense, but I think fixing it would break them. It's a 2nd tier school in a shithole town. What makes them get top 10 recruiting classes is the new money swagger.

Just my thoughts. On balance, I hope like fuck UO hires Wilcocks because I think there is a 10% chance or less he kills it. But there is a chance.
    He’s Mario 2.0 w/o the recruiting. Absolute wrong choice which is why Mullins will hire him.
    Nike and PK recruits for Oregon. Who ever they get will recruit fine. The notion that MC is such an outstanding recruiter is a myth. I could recruit to Oregon just as well. Money talks.
    It’s been pretty well documented by recruits, recruits’ parents (ie Hugh Breed Love Millen), and former staffers (ie Cooper Petagna) that Cristo cares more about recruiting than anything else and implores his staff to recruit like it’s the SEC.

So yeah, combined that effort and acumen with PK money and you have top-10 classes.
    My point is Oregon’s floor with a dope like Helfrich is higher that UW’s ceiling as demonstrated by Petersen
    NOGAF about the NFL.
    His point isn't about the NFL. The best players go play there. Petersen sent more players to the NFL than Helf because he had better players...because he recruited better players.

Simple fact.
    No. He developed them better. Simple fact. Unless you’re going the RANKINGS DON’T MATTER! route. Which is FS.
    The rankings don't really matter when you only give them a cursory glance. They were rated slightly higher. The ranking difference is insignificant.

I sure as hell don't value rankings over actual performance. You're just reaching into the bag of doogish excuses to try supporting your point. Petersen's players were better, therefore he recruited better. When you're not a top 5 recruiting program, eval matters way more than rankings do. Petersen evaluated better and recruited better. Simple. You can argue otherwise but you can't support it with anything other than your customary cuntiness.
    If you say so you simpleton cunt. There's something you're missing, and it pisses you off. I'm at peace with that.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Beno4Life said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

NOGAF about the NFL.

Simple fact.

If you say so you simpleton cunt. There's something you're missing, and it pisses you off. I'm at peace with that.
    This Oregon coaching position has really brought out the best in this board. Such vitriol. Such doggedness. Pretty fascinating stuff when you think about it.
  • Options
    CH0PwarlordCH0Pwarlord Member Posts: 224
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Maybe Thibbadough meant end of the Cristobal era in his post?
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,818
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:
    LMFAO, Cristobal to Miami. Sense a pattern here.

https://youtu.be/zIh5AHxh-Ok

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021
    @MikeSeaver is clearly not able to handle the ups and downs of sleazy coaches. May need to take a time out for perspective.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,150
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Beno4Life said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

NOGAF about the NFL.

Simple fact.

This Oregon coaching position has really brought out the best in this board. Such vitriol. Such doggedness. Pretty fascinating stuff when you think about it.
    No, you're just a fucking idiot that creates world salads of buzzwords and bullshit corny cliches.
    Exhibit A

I suggested that Wilcox might be better at O than you think. Call the police!