Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoner > Campbell

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RTD said:

FireCohen said:

God, I love hope. It makes us delusional. Deboner might be good

Exactly this is what we say when we pay the bitch bucks…he “might” be “good”, right?

When you break the bank and pay the big bucks, you get to say, shoot, we gotta a shot to win multiple mutherfucking championships.

And hire who?
    Hire the ewu coach.

You doogs are pathetic. Justify mediocrity. That’s the UW way.
    So when asked you give troll responses like the EWU coach and Nick Saban

That's what I fucking thought lmao.

Miserable bitch
    Fuck off doog. You deserve what uw is.
    Hire Bill Belichick with Urban Meyer at quality control!!!

Retard
    Poor UW. Who would come here?

Meanwhile USC has sucked for years and hired Riley. Go fuck yourself. Loser
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrockHuard/status/1465105646856986629

Why tweet this? You’d think he knows who the hire is.

Brock needs to step away from Twitter and go kick Mike Salk out to the curb at 710
    He's pissed that we didn't land Matt. We went all-in on him and it sucks that we got rejected.
  • Options
    FSDogs1FSDogs1 Member Posts: 33
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DeBoer is a way better hire than Rolovich, for what it's worth.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,515
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Brock needs to step away from Twitter and go kick Mike Salk out to the curb at 710
    He's pissed that we didn't land Matt. We went all-in on him and it sucks that we got rejected.
    Where's MC going then. LSU? If he stays at ISU thn that explains so, so much about the situation.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,989
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

chuck said:

Kalen will absolutely get smoked on the recruiting trail. Washington desperately needs a big name to compete with Mario and Lincoln.

I don't buy this. He's going to know how important recruiting is. He's a successful, hard working coach who has done what he needed to do to kick ass at every job he has had. It's stupid, in my opinion, to assume he's going to struggle in recruiting. Name means jack shit. It's all about who identifies the right guys, works the hardest, and sells the best.

DeBoer will recruit fine.
    He has absolutely no idea what it takes to be good at recruiting. Even Pete struggled his first couple of years at recruiting, and he was known nationally. Until you have gone through recruiting against USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, you don't know the challenges it presents and what it takes to win those battles.
    Your recruiting takes are and always have been half retarded. Petersen didn't struggle recruiting at first. How many fucking NFL players and all conference players came out of his first two classes?
    Sonics falls victim to the stars
    Very true. Those stars are like crack to me.
    Pete was never impressed with their stars.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Where's MC going then. LSU? If he stays at ISU thn that explains so, so much about the situation.
    Sounds like he's staying at ISU but not certain what his plans are.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

They aren't retarded, they are special needs.

Now that's pretty funny. I have to hand it to you. You tolerate unjustified insults and attacks better than most.

I'm irritated with the anti-DeBoer crowd and that's kind of stupid. This, to me, is a way bolder move than hiring someone who has proven a little more, but who already appears to have a 2nd-3rd place in the league ceiling (all of the other candidates mentioned so far fit this in my mind, even Wilcox). They are all the same. The only stand out guy who seemed to be in the picture for a while was Bob Stoops. If he was interested and they cheaped out then I'm pissed about that. Otherwise I consider DeBoer to be a bolder and better decision than any of the others.

I don't know what the deal is with Tedford, whether he's part of this or not, but people forget that he was a great recruiter at Cal, at least early on. He owned UW in recruiting and had Cal classes ranked right up there with SC for a time. He may be too unhealthy to be an on the road recruiter but he knows the game, surely has contacts etc, and apparently relates well to recruits and players. He would be an asset, I think.
    I don't know how many top end P5 coaches are on the road a lot...they go to see the top kids, and the assistants bring the rest to them. Too lazy to look it up, but when Tedford was kicking ass in recruiting, I wouldn't be surprised if it was when Tosh was there...get some assistants that can recruit, and close them...
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

RTD said:

FireCohen said:

God, I love hope. It makes us delusional. Deboner might be good

Exactly this is what we say when we pay the bitch bucks…he “might” be “good”, right?

When you break the bank and pay the big bucks, you get to say, shoot, we gotta a shot to win multiple mutherfucking championships.

And hire who?
    If Matt Campbell’s the target…they need to find away to pony up. If hes not, roll the dice on someone like Kevin Wilson, Monken or Lanning. Generate a little excitement, if it doesn’t work bait gets cut.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095

haie said:

What plans does he need? He makes enough money he could quit whenever he wanted and he and his family will be set for life. He is already an ISU legend and runs a program he made with his own two hands and likely cares about deeply. If he came to UW at double or triple the salary he would have to win instantly and possibly be fired in two or three years at which point he is a fired retread. The only thing UW could offer is national title aspirations since that will be a tall order at ISU. If he doesn't care about winning a national championship I'm not sure there is anytime anyone could offer him.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

haie said:

What plans does he need? He makes enough money he could quit whenever he wanted and he and his family will be set for life. He is already an ISU legend and runs a program he made with his own two hands and likely cares about deeply. If he came to UW at double or triple the salary he would have to win instantly and possibly be fired in two or three years at which point he is a fired retread. The only thing UW could offer is national title aspirations since that will be a tall order at ISU. If he doesn't care about winning a national championship I'm not sure there is anytime anyone could offer him.
    Agree. The guy might just like the lifestyle of where he's at.

If a company in California offered me a 50% bump I would turn them down because it's California. Texas, different story. Point is, the guy is already making generational wealth where he's at. Money isn't the primary thing for some people if they're already making big money. I think he leaves ISU when a bigfer, Midwest job comes calling. Shit, he could be the next coach at Oklahoma.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know how many top end P5 coaches are on the road a lot...they go to see the top kids, and the assistants bring the rest to them. Too lazy to look it up, but when Tedford was kicking ass in recruiting, I wouldn't be surprised if it was when Tosh was there...get some assistants that can recruit, and close them...

I sure fucked up the quote feature didn't I? Christ.

I don't know for sure but don't think Tosh was there at the start. Tedford came in and started snagging guys that were thought to be near locks to RN and UW in his first cycle. There was stuff all over the doogman and other pac 10 boards about what a good in-home recruiter and closer he was already. I think he burned out and that had as much to do with their drop off than losing Tosh did. I know Lupoi had an iron grip on certain players, like Shaq Thompson, but he wasn't much of a recruiting boost for Sark. He failed in a big way on some guys that should have been near locks to UW.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Curious if Malloe is given the opportunity to stay
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Kalen will absolutely get smoked on the recruiting trail. Washington desperately needs a big name to compete with Mario and Lincoln.

This is the big concern

If you can’t get the players it doesn’t matter who the coach is
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

They way the defense played this year. He needs to be deported back to the island
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

They way the defense played this year. He needs to be deported back to the island
    Not sure it was his call to dial up the 3 man against WSU because “it worked in the past…” I still trust in Malloe.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    FireCohen said:

Clean house. They all suck. Did he not watch that abomination of a season? Malloe's unit was pathetic and arguably the weakest and most disappointing unit on the defense.

Another thing I don't understand is the way people cling to assistants, especially assistants who were part of the epic collapse we just saw.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    FireCohen said:

But he is a Dwag at heart!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

FireCohen said:

But he is a Dwag at heart!
    he was decent DL coach, but as a co-DC and LB coach. They all looked horrible.