Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Hit A Player: Culture i

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Lake's an embarrassment. I kind of feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It will be very interesting to see if any players come out and voice support for him if the ball starts rolling.

Somehow I doubt it
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

Y’all are missing the point.

The incident isn’t and shouldn’t be treated as a one-off with CJ text, because then you’re right. The act itself is not the biggest deal in the world.

In this case, It’s symptomatic of much much deeper issues in that lockeroom.

True. But who GAF about palace intrigue when we see the dumpster fire end product on the field. I don't care how UW turned into a raging dumpster inferno. Somebody needs to sack up and put the fire out.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    Clevdawg said:

This is how you handle it. The respect and fear this kid had for CP. No way I let my kid play for Jimmy Lake the Jack Ass. You can’t do what Jimmy Lake did. My kid got recruited to a top 5 program. The recruiting process is all about relationships. Sometimes there is no warm and fuzzy just an offer but that is rare. Jimmy lake will have to explain that to every mother in every living room. Good luck with that. The culture has deteriorated. And if you think that’s ok what he did because that’s tough or that’s football. That’s not being mentally tough, that’s Jimmy Lake being a bitch. Players smell bitch, players smell bullshit, when coaches have favorites and don’t play those that perform best in practice for whatever reason . They smell it. You can tell he has favorites and little to no process . The players are acting out not because they are bad kids. The players are taking it out on themselves and others because they know they can win and are not. No pace for it to go so an organization the team implodes. Because of poor leadership. So they act out they only way they can. Players don’t respect him and the Oregon Coach nailed it. UW represents the worst of College football.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020263/uploads/editor/7l/medppqwlnuvr.gif

Flashback to Juan Garcia lashing out at teammates in ‘08, trying to hold shit together.

Damn shame what happens to players during this shit
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    How did you not immediately see USC Sark ‘15 when he did that? No fucking control. So obvious.

Helmet slaps are part of football. So is shoving a guy in the shoulder pads.

But if it gets Jimmy Fired, I'll feign outrage over it.

• Options

pawz said:

Clearly some of you won't like this... But after watching w context.....

Nothingburger.

I wish he was that pissed at his offensive staff, quite honestly.

Another shitposter who can't see the forest. This incident is a gift from REAL God.
    I agree with both of you.

It is a total nothing burger. But also a gift from God.
  • Options

How did you not immediately see USC Sark ‘15 when he did that? No fucking control. So obvious.

Helmet slaps are part of football. So is shoving a guy in the shoulder pads.

But if it gets Jimmy Fired, I'll feign outrage over it.

I hear Gil Dobie punched a bunch of players in the dick, then kicked them in the ass for good measure.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Lake's an embarrassment. I kind of feel sorry for him.

I'm here too. I feel bad for Jimmy. I think the guy did a lot for UW and was one of our best position coaches ever. I actually like the guy. And I think he got fucked last year with COVID. And with all that said, this isn't working and it's not recoverable at this point.
    After all, he brought back the helmet car. That was a huge accomplishment.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

Sources said:

The bigger this gets, the more it feels like a win. This is our 70-21
    So would this be considered a moral victory for udub fans?
    Are you fucking joking? This would be our single biggest victory since Utah in 18 P12CG. Moral victory? This would be 100x bigger than a fluke victory over Oregon ever would've been.
    Dude, I know. More of a joke than anything else. 81% of what I say is a joke. Keep it up and I’m going to blacken the other eye.

I will however vote you up for not using a % higher than 100%.
  • Options
    TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Problem is you fire him for this then it becomes your standard. Then you have a coach you like that does this and you will cry foul when he gets told to leave. Better off paying the millions in buy out.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TheDude said:

Problem is you fire him for this then it becomes your standard. Then you have a coach you like that does this and you will cry foul when he gets told to leave. Better off paying the millions in buy out.

Mutual parting ways. Everyone wins.
  • Options
    TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TheDude said:

Jimmy would go for that like he would go on 4th and 10 with 2min left.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheDude said:

TheDude said:

Jimmy would go for that like he would go on 4th and 10 with 2min left.
    Devin, get an avatar.