Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I have respect for Lake

dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
If Jimmy leaves tomorrow(he wont) I would wish him well and root for him wherever his next stop may be(within reason). Contrast is Sark who bailed and UW was nothing more than a pawn in his grand scheme, I have no desire to see him ever win a game again. Lake has been with the program for a long time and is a good secondary coach and db recruiter and has been loyal to the program. He has swag, cockiness, borderline on arrogant...I don't mind that. He thought with his intellectual prowess that he could hire any dumbass to run his scheme and we would big dick everyone in the conference rather easily. Well, he was wrong, he is not what he thought he was, and it's time to go. I am not defending him, however, I am tired of bashing the guy because he is in way over his head, that's all

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    Petersen gets bashed here too.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,001
    Tough to find anything coming from the UW HC last night that commands any level of respect. After talking shit, He got put in the corner by Cristobal during and after the game.

This is worse than the Chip Kelly blowout years imo.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,435 Founders Club
    dannarc said:

dannarc said:

If Jimmy leaves tomorrow(he wont) I would wish him well and root for him wherever his next stop may be(within reason). Contrast is Sark who bailed and UW was nothing more than a pawn in his grand scheme, I have no desire to see him ever win a game again. Lake has been with the program for a long time and is a good secondary coach and db recruiter and has been loyal to the program. He has swag, cockiness, borderline on arrogant...I don't mind that. He thought with his intellectual prowess that he could hire any dumbass to run his scheme and we would big dick everyone in the conference rather easily. Well, he was wrong, he is not what he thought he was, and it's time to go. I am not defending him, however, I am tired of bashing the guy because he is in way over his head, that's all

Without the bashing, there is no added pressure to fire him.

The bashing is evidence that people still care about the program.

Jimmy's own arrogance has brought this upon himself.

I will wish him well once he is not longer UW coach.
    We, as fans can only do and say so much, it's ultimately up to the school to @FireCohen. I guess I am getting soft with older age and just want him gone without more ridicule
    Well Jimmy could start by showing some humility. That would go a long way and alter the narrative.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

Tough to find anything coming from the UW HC last night that commands any level of respect. After talking shit, He got put in the corner by Cristobal during and after the game.

Crystalballz actually did what Chip never did. He threw gasoline on the already burning corpse of UW. Chip was "friends" with Sark. Kick his ass by 17+ and then tell everyone how much respect he had for Sark. Genius. Mario saying UW is everything wrong with college football is like more manna from heaven this weekend. A wannabe big dick swinger calling out a punk coach and his poser program was a nice cherry on top for Jimmy's awful week of PR. Cheers to you Mario! I applaud you.
    I just wish they’d punched it in at the end. And then gone for 2.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club

thechatch said:

Crystalballz actually did what Chip never did. He threw gasoline on the already burning corpse of UW. Chip was "friends" with Sark. Kick his ass by 17+ and then tell everyone how much respect he had for Sark. Genius. Mario saying UW is everything wrong with college football is like more manna from heaven this weekend. A big dick swinger in Mario, calling out a punk coach in Lake and his poser program was a nice cherry on top for Jimmy's awful week of PR. Cheers to you Mario! I applaud you.
    Who cares?

Chip Kelly's Oregon was a fkn Ferrari.

Cristobal's Oregon is a wannabe power program that struggles to beat shitters like Stanford, UW and Fresno State.
    Chip often dumped a game or two every year to someone awful. Arizona comes to mind. Dropping head scratchers when you have a shot at the big time is the P12 way.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,962 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Crystalballz actually did what Chip never did. He threw gasoline on the already burning corpse of UW. Chip was "friends" with Sark. Kick his ass by 17+ and then tell everyone how much respect he had for Sark. Genius. Mario saying UW is everything wrong with college football is like more manna from heaven this weekend. A big dick swinger in Mario, calling out a punk coach in Lake and his poser program was a nice cherry on top for Jimmy's awful week of PR. Cheers to you Mario! I applaud you.
    Or a coach that already won a Rose Bowl in year 2 and is currently ranked on the top 5 while raping the conference in recruiting was right on in his assessment. Jimmy has no culture. He has no process. He has nothing…nothing to sell to recruits. He runs and hides from his rivals while taking absurd pot shots in media interviews.

And he loses to fucking Montana.
    All of this is true, but I don’t think Oregon is a legitimate top 5 team. They’ve struggled against bad teams, frequently
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    Sources said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Or a coach that already won a Rose Bowl in year 2 and is currently ranked on the top 5 while raping the conference in recruiting was right on in his assessment. Jimmy has no culture. He has no process. He has nothing…nothing to sell to recruits. He runs and hides from his rivals while taking absurd pot shots in media interviews.

And he loses to fucking Montana.
    All of this is true, but I don’t think Oregon is a legitimate top 5 team. They’ve struggled against bad teams, frequently
    There’s no great teams this year besides Georgia.
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,214

Cristobal's Oregon is a wannabe power program that struggles to beat shitters like Stanford, UW and Fresno State.

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354

thechatch said:

Who cares?

Chip often dumped a game or two every year to someone awful. Arizona comes to mind. Dropping head scratchers when you have a shot at the big time is the P12 way.
    Yeah and then went and played for a national championship where they were respected by the nation.

I PRAYYYYY Oregon gets in as the 4 seed to face Georgia. UGA allows 6 points a game. Imagine that 1-dimensional offense trying to move the ball against them. Holy shit, it might be the only thing I have left to root for this this season.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2021

thechatch said:

Who cares?

Chip Kelly's Oregon beats UW last night 70-3.
    In all fairness, if the ducks at any point actually tried last night, they'd have won by 30+.

When the score was 9-3, the Ducks already knew they had the game won. It was never in doubt after the first few minutes.

All any team needs to do is watch an offensive series or two by UW. And they know its game over.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

thechatch said:

Who cares?

Chip Kelly's Oregon beats UW last night 70-3.
    While throwing zero passes if he wanted to.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

thechatch said:

Who cares?

Yeah and then went and played for a national championship where they were respected by the nation.

I PRAYYYYY Oregon gets in as the 4 seed to face Georgia. UGA allows 6 points a game. Imagine that 1-dimensional offense trying to move the ball against them. Holy shit, it might be the only thing I have left to root for this this season.
    Georgia's 2nd team Defense would boat race the Pac-12 Conference.