Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New NIL Manager for UW

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If you were wondering whether UW's AD took any note of the attention criticism leveled at staff members having #ScoDucks and #WarEagle in their Twitter bios, you have your answer (not that it's surprising).

Phil Knight builds a NIL program with tons of money and an athlete front and center to SELL.

We hire some fresh from college Duck.

First place in the Pac 12 gets a car (Oregon). Second gets steak knives (USC), we get ass out the door.

It'd be fucking laughable if it wasn't constantly repeated everywhere.

If you were wondering whether UW's AD took any note of the attention criticism leveled at staff members having #ScoDucks and #WarEagle in their Twitter bios, you have your answer (not that it's surprising).

Phil Knight builds a NIL program with tons of money and an athlete front and center to SELL.

First place in the Pac 12 gets a car (Oregon). Second gets steak knives (USC), we get ass out the door.

She’s not even here yet. Let’s see what it says next week.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

NEsnake12 said:

So we hired a Duck who's professional experience consists of working for the Pac-12 network (LOL) and working for an NBA team full of established superstars that already sells itself. Great

I mean Golden State is a bigger and more valuable franchise/brand than UW sports…kind of a weird take to say the team sells itself…if she was just coming here to manage our social media it would be a step down.

I’m sure the NIL manager role is what piqued her interest. I don’t even know what that job entails or what her responsibilities/authority would be but she is likely good at the networking and promotion aspect of it.
    Did you read her other posts about putting other priorities above a career, about not going into the office much, and taking weeks to arrive?
    Ok, so no substance to your complaint whatsoever. Got it.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

NEsnake12 said:

So we hired a Duck who's professional experience consists of working for the Pac-12 network (LOL) and working for an NBA team full of established superstars that already sells itself. Great

I mean Golden State is a bigger and more valuable franchise/brand than UW sports…kind of a weird take to say the team sells itself…if she was just coming here to manage our social media it would be a step down.

I’m sure the NIL manager role is what piqued her interest. I don’t even know what that job entails or what her responsibilities/authority would be but she is likely good at the networking and promotion aspect of it.
    Did you read her other posts about putting other priorities above a career, about not going into the office much, and taking weeks to arrive?
    Ok, so no substance to your complaint whatsoever. Got it.
    What are you even blabbering about? What part of this are you “all in” for?
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

"The fans say we need to do things like Oregon, I hire someone from Oregon and then lo and behold these same fans bitch about it."
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Based on her past, I’d give her 2-3 yrs max. Fucking millennials.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

"The fans say we need to do things like Oregon, I hire someone from Oregon and then lo and behold these same fans bitch about it."

Huh?
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

Based on her past, I’d give her 2-3 yrs max. Fucking millennials.

She might be able to leverage some Qdoba NIL deals. After that, nothing.
    Half-off Burritos on Sunday nights for any UW Football signee.

We'll be back in the Rose Bowl by 2030 or so.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The server experience at Buffalo Wild Wings did it for me. Put her over the top.
    Yeah, conventional wisdom says you remove jobs off of your social media/networking sites if it’s no longer relevant.

I’m tired of picking apart this woman. Disappointed by the hire. Not surprised.
    QDOBA marketing = stay

BWW pouring beers = LEAVE
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

The server experience at Buffalo Wild Wings did it for me. Put her over the top.
    Yeah, conventional wisdom says you remove jobs off of your social media/networking sites if it’s no longer relevant.

I’m not surprised that you’re not surprised.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

QDOBA marketing = stay

BWW pouring beers = LEAVE

I wasn't planning to ever give up buffalo sauce on my shift meal, but Qdoba mysteriously anointed my no-experience slacker ass as their social media manager and I'm stoked because that's a word people said when I was eight.
  • Options
    lvdlvd Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sources said:

On the bright side, we can use her teeth for field goal practice

OMG, you guys are awful!