Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jackson Sirmon

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    trublue said:

trublue said:

Call him out then, “Mod”.

Otherwise, fuck off!

The stupid shit that emanates from his mouth daily . . . I must say his drunk poasting does add comedic value to the site . . .

You just did . . . Kunt.

My response, “Go FUCK yourself!” (along with your sidekicks), to wit: Fatters, PurpleBaze and dnc.
    HURTFUL
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

trublue said:

Hope this doesn’t muck up this thread because it’s “historical bullshit”:

Total Tackles thru Week 4:
    Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW
    Ranked 6th in the PAC-12 Conference

CFetters: When you see me post, how about ignoring it or simply downvoting it? Frankly, I don’t give a flying fuck about your critique. You’re a moderator.

BBK and Psalm had great numbers too.

Unfortunately they don't keep LB stats on how many YPC they allow versus should allow, if they were any good.

Opposing RB YAC stats on BBK and Psalm were off the charts, also, as they piggybacked on RBs running by and over them for 8 YPC.
    BBK was very good, GTFO with this tired narrative.
    He spent two years overrunning the point of contact because he was fast, but not strong enough. When he could, he jumped on RBs backs a lot and got carried for several yards. He accumulated a lot of tackles, but gave up a lot of yards in critical situations.

He became more disciplined over time, gained a few pounds and strength, and became more effective at pressuring the QB and collapsing the pocket in his final year. His angles got better as did his technique as he focused more on interrupting the backfield than hooking the QB for an arm tackle sack as he flew by. He was never an LB that blew up plays or that teams ran away from. He was fast and athletic but nothing "very good" until his last year.
    He really didn’t. He got dragged at times but he was always at least an above average PAC 12 LB, even as a sophomore. There aren’t many ways to run away from an ILB that plays sideline to sideline.

When he was a junior there were posters that said he was only good because of Vea. Then when Vea left, he got even better. BBK bullshit was always strong group think led by Dennis.
    Roadie was first and right on BBK
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

trublue said:

Call him out then, “Mod”.

Otherwise, fuck off!

The stupid shit that emanates from his mouth daily . . . I must say his drunk poasting does add comedic value to the site . . .

I have but again, his stupidity is opinion based. You muck up the boreds with inane historical bullshit that 99.9% of the world knows about while trying to pass it off as insightful.

Besides that, I don’t spend tim on the Duck bored to view the majority of @haie’s shit poasting.

Don’t give up hope though, at one point I was begging Stalin to make @backthepack the Friday sacrifice.
    Imagine calling a poster stupid and then fucking up the @.

Retard fuck.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

CFetters: When you see me post, how about ignoring it or simply downvoting it? Frankly, I don’t give a flying fuck about your critique. You’re a moderator.

Unfortunately they don't keep LB stats on how many YPC they allow versus should allow, if they were any good.

Opposing RB YAC stats on BBK and Psalm were off the charts, also, as they piggybacked on RBs running by and over them for 8 YPC.
    He spent two years overrunning the point of contact because he was fast, but not strong enough. When he could, he jumped on RBs backs a lot and got carried for several yards. He accumulated a lot of tackles, but gave up a lot of yards in critical situations.

He became more disciplined over time, gained a few pounds and strength, and became more effective at pressuring the QB and collapsing the pocket in his final year. His angles got better as did his technique as he focused more on interrupting the backfield than hooking the QB for an arm tackle sack as he flew by. He was never an LB that blew up plays or that teams ran away from. He was fast and athletic but nothing "very good" until his last year.
    Dude if we had BBK in 2019 we win 11+ games
    Weaknesses
    Lack of size will push him off some draft boards
    Low percentage of tackles on opponent's side of the ball
    Takes steep pursuit angles and can end up on low side
    Short arms show up with "just miss" tackle dives
    Slow to punch and plays away from blocker
    Downhill drift gets him trapped against counters
    Gives away run fit with attempts to elude blocks
    Must find a way to improve take-on leverage in the gap
    Needs more control in approach to tackle receivers in big spaces

"That defensive line did a great job of protecting him so he could run around and make a bunch of plays. He's a fun player to watch, but I don't think the production translates." -- Scouting director for NFC team
    Dude I am known for my shitty takes, but this take is beyond stupid. Did you not see Manu and Beefwellington play??
    So it's down to relativity. Or whataboutism (for the woke).

Exhuming Manu and Wellington does not help your case. Sorry.

It only demonstrates how far the LB corps at UW have fallen.
  • Options

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

He really didn’t. He got dragged at times but he was always at least an above average PAC 12 LB, even as a sophomore. There aren’t many ways to run away from an ILB that plays sideline to sideline.

When he was a junior there were posters that said he was only good because of Vea. Then when Vea left, he got even better. BBK bullshit was always strong group think led by Dennis.
    Jesus Roady. What BBK were you watching? He never got dragged. He got carried. Literally. On RBs backs. Repeatedly. Especially on 3rd down.

He was very good at getting to the play, but not at executing it, because he lacked the size, strength and tackling ability to finish guys off without help. He got better his final year after sizing up and improving his techniques.

I'm sure it irks you, Roady, but DDY was right about BBK.

DDY's head was firmly up his ass on plenty of stuff, but not BBK. Or Browning. Or our shitty receivers.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Jesus Roady. What BBK were you watching? He never got dragged. He got carried. Literally. On RBs backs. Repeatedly. Especially on 3rd down.

He was very good at getting to the play, but not at executing it, because he lacked the size, strength and tackling ability to finish guys off without help. He got better his final year after sizing up and improving his techniques.

DDY's head was firmly up his ass on plenty of stuff, but not BBK. Or Browning. Or our shitty receivers.
    I remember my criticizing the pac12 defensive player of the year days.

He had his flaws but was a good player. End of story.
  • Options

Can we stop arguing over how good or bad BBK was and get back to discussing how dum @trublue is?

So dumb he doesn’t even deserve the correct spelling of the word.

Gladly. Just had to dispense with the sensitive woketivists first.

Odd how expressing a negative opinion about a player generates so much worry and bruises so many egos.

Perhaps some youngsters on these boreds are too invested in this mediocre program to see reality.
  • Options

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Special teams broken leg of the weak guy on a shitty team, now.

Some awards don't mean a lot.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Dude did BBK plow your mother?? Why the negative view on him. We had some shifty LB at UW, he was not one of them
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Dude did BBK plow your mother?? Why the negative view on him. We had some shifty LB at UW, he was not one of them
    Here we go with the relativity bullshit. Go home, collectivist.

Your fragile ego that cannot withstand opposing opinions is embarrassing.

I now know who you voted for.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

The award means he was the best defensive player in the league. The rest of what you said doesn't mean anything at all as far as this debate goes.

And I'm all for insulting the players. BBK was pretty good but limited for much of his career. As a senior he stepped it up and was just plain good. It got him drafted. What is there to argue about?
  • Options
    chuck said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

The award means he was the best defensive player in the league. The rest of what you said doesn't mean anything at all as far as this debate goes.

And I'm all for insulting the players. BBK was pretty good but limited for much of his career. As a senior he stepped it up and was just plain good. It got him drafted. What is there to argue about?
    Jesus, Chuck! That's exactly what I wrote, above. His senior year was markedly better, obviously.

Fuck! The hypersensitivity on these boreds is off-the-charts sometimes.
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Here we go with the relativity bullshit. Go home, collectivist.

Your fragile ego that cannot withstand opposing opinions is embarrassing.

I now know who you voted for.
    Hahaha jokes on you. I don’t have the right to vote. bBK was not perfect, but his senior year he was better than Azim and Keyshawn
    Thank you for agreeing with me?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Jesus, Chuck! That's exactly what I wrote, above. His senior year was markedly better, obviously.

Fuck! The hypersensitivity on these boreds is off-the-charts sometimes.
    You're exaggerating how bad he was before though. He came in under 200lbs iirc and never should have seen the field before his third year. We wouldn't have such a burned in image of him being dragged and carried if he hadn't been thrust into the lineup two years too early.
  • Options

Can we stop arguing over how good or bad BBK was and get back to discussing how dum @trublue is?

So dumb he doesn’t even deserve the correct spelling of the word.

Gladly. Just had to dispense with the sensitive woketivists first.

Odd how expressing a negative opinion about a player generates so much worry and bruises so many egos.

Perhaps some youngsters on these boreds are too invested in this mediocre program to see reality.
    You’re a weirdo with this woke shit. I’m not consumed by it like you. Most here aren’t.

He was good. I watched him play many games. This board, myself included has no problem saying a player sucks.
    Fuck your hypersensitivity. It is patently woke and a hallmark of your generation.

Thank you for ostensibly speaking for "this board" Mr. Group-Think.

You couldn't have done a better job of proving my point.