Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sights and Sounds - Husky Stadium

2»

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    edited September 2021
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,781
    Imagine if every Chinese person jumped off a chair at the same tim….
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

What were they doing with the Titanic shit?

Fan engagement. Puss out with your phone out. Meanwhile Wisconsin fans are making the stadium shake to Jump Around....
    So was this a sing along?

Nothing like pulling out a 25 year old romantic drama to get people fired up at a football game
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What were they doing with the Titanic shit?

Fan engagement. Puss out with your phone out. Meanwhile Wisconsin fans are making the stadium shake to Jump Around....
    So was this a sing along?

Nothing like pulling out a 25 year old romantic drama to get people fired up at a football game
    got me, I'm pretty sure they have done it at all the home games this year though
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Alexis said:

Couple of kids behind me in the beer line had one of these signs. I figured I could use one for man cave. Told them I would buy them a beer if they gave it to me. They did and I did.

Then one of the actual ushers tried to get it back from me later in the game. I told her I paid for it so it's mine. She realized it was a losing battle and left me alone.

Then after the game, walking out, I had another kid offer me 20 bucks for it. Then his buddy wanted to chip in10 bucks. I could have turned a Coors Light into 30 bucks. I declined their offer. I'm not good at business.

CSB

Oh man, I'd love to have this in my man cave. Nicely done.
  • Might not be a bad idea for Derek to reach out to UW's Athletic Department and see the cost of adding the Hardcore Husky® logo to these signs for the last four home games.

UW obviously needs the money since Jen brought back a men's basketball coach who is 9-29 in the Pac-12 the past two years rather than pay him $9M as part of the buyout she agreed to with his agent.

• Alexis said:

Then one of the actual ushers tried to get it back from me later in the game. I told her I paid for it so it's mine.

You should've told her you were taking it upon yourself to remind fans there are more important things than Husky Football and Covid is one of them.

Probably would've presented you a plaque and a purple scarf at midfield before the UCLA game next month for your selfless actions.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODlPxhbGF8

starts at 0:42

this is how it's done

I miss old Husky stadium south end when it "move and rock" when the fans started to get wild.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2021
    Alexis said:

Couple of kids behind me in the beer line had one of these signs. I figured I could use one for man cave. Told them I would buy them a beer if they gave it to me. They did and I did.

Then one of the actual ushers tried to get it back from me later in the game. I told her I paid for it so it's mine. She realized it was a losing battle and left me alone.

Then after the game, walking out, I had another kid offer me 20 bucks for it. Then his buddy wanted to chip in10 bucks. I could have turned a Coors Light into 30 bucks. I declined their offer. I'm not good at business.

CSB

But didn't the Coors Light cost around $20? I think you made the right call
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,091 Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

CSB

But didn't the Coors Light cost around $20? I think you made the right call
    Actually surprisingly, I think they are only about $7.50 or so plus tax. I figured they'd be more.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Mask wearing in the seats was ~30%. No ushers bothered to come near my section
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,338 Swaye's Wigwam

This is real.

He didn't wear his mask once. Now look at him
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Canadawg said:

This is real.

He didn't wear his mask once. Now look at him
    Is that a piss jug between his legs? FYI, that dude made at least $15/hr. Never mind he can't actually go down the stairs where the people actually are.