Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of the most disturbing things from yesterday

Comments

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    We have Christian Hackenberg at QB minus 5 inches of height.

OL is big with no get off.

Tuli looks stiff with no physicality.

ILB were lost (again) and kept taking themselves out the lanes.

Secondary did their job

Coaching ...what coaching?

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

We have Christian Hackenberg at QB minus 5 inches of height.

OL is big with no get off.

Tuli looks stiff with no physicality.

ILB were lost (again) and kept taking themselves out the lanes.

Secondary did their job

Coaching ...what coaching?

Guys we’re getting open vs the secondary. Qb just sucked. It was more the middle of the field though.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

In the game's final minutes, the players looked like they were trudging through a practice

No competitive fire, no urgency, no nothing...

I wouldn't know. PAC12 using Sling cut away to the Coug pre-game in the final minutes
    Fitting ending. It was probably for the best.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

This isn't an excuse to not bludgeon an FCS team at home, but players don't want to play in these games, coaches don't want to coach in them, and fans don't want to watch. Sucks for the Portland States of the world but this is just a bad product even when UW bulldozes them.

This game reminded me of 2014 when we were losing to Georgia State at half. I believe the coaches absolutely crushed them in the locker room. Wonder what was said at half last night. Too bad we don't have a Marcus Peters to come out and just beast the other team's receivers out of frustration.

We also nearly lost to Eastern. Twice.

If the players don't want to play in these games, then they should consider quitting football. Same for the coaches, who are making more money in one year than most of us will make in a lifetime. You sign a contract to coach/play football and you should go out there and give it your best shot regardless of the opponent. A competitive team would want to come out and absolutely destroy a team like Montana.

I doubt Jimmy said much to the team at halftime, not that halftime speeches generally do any good.

Sure, but the scholarship players had options. They don't want to play Montana and Eastern.

There's nothing to be gained from playing games like this. But it's 100% Lake's job to get them up for it. And not treat it like a fucking practice.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

This isn't an excuse to not bludgeon an FCS team at home, but players don't want to play in these games, coaches don't want to coach in them, and fans don't want to watch. Sucks for the Portland States of the world but this is just a bad product even when UW bulldozes them.

This game reminded me of 2014 when we were losing to Georgia State at half. I believe the coaches absolutely crushed them in the locker room. Wonder what was said at half last night. Too bad we don't have a Marcus Peters to come out and just beast the other team's receivers out of frustration.

If the players don't want to play in these games, then they should consider quitting football. Same for the coaches, who are making more money in one year than most of us will make in a lifetime. You sign a contract to coach/play football and you should go out there and give it your best shot regardless of the opponent. A competitive team would want to come out and absolutely destroy a team like Montana.

I doubt Jimmy said much to the team at halftime, not that halftime speeches generally do any good.

Sure, but the scholarship players had options. They don't want to play Montana and Eastern.

There's nothing to be gained from playing games like this. But it's 100% Lake's job to get them up for it. And not treat it like a fucking practice.
    I don't know, aren't you excited to go out there in these games and pad stats or film? I feel like if you're a new starter or depth guy you're excited to actually get out on the field?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

LawDawg1 said:

Haener fumbling certainly helped. And 17 points off turnovers on Oregon’s side. Don’t twist.

Oregon was letting Haener throw as much as he wanted, wherever he wanted. That got them to a 21-6 lead. Then Foot off the gas which IMO is the sign of a shitty team anyway so don’t twist.

As soon as they needed to shut it down, they dropped the zone coverage on D and got their balls together and just ran it at them. If we’re not counting fumbles and takeaways this year I’d like to know, now.

I still think they suck. The QB sucks and the RBs suck and Mario has turned Moorehead into Arroyo.
    I thought that before the game and I think it now.

Oregon and Washington are still favorites for the North.

Oregon is better than Washington but don't quote me.

The rest of the conference does look like the usual dumpster fire other than my Bruins

Losses to Nevada, Utah State, BYU, and of course Montana

Call it Oregon v UCLA
    Where were you when your Bruins were 10-21 after Chip’s first two season’s at UCLA?

Where were you last year when your Bruins went 3-4 during the COVID shortened season?
    Race Bannon's silence speaks volumes
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,130

LawDawg1 said:

Haener fumbling certainly helped. And 17 points off turnovers on Oregon’s side. Don’t twist.

Oregon was letting Haener throw as much as he wanted, wherever he wanted. That got them to a 21-6 lead. Then Foot off the gas which IMO is the sign of a shitty team anyway so don’t twist.

As soon as they needed to shut it down, they dropped the zone coverage on D and got their balls together and just ran it at them. If we’re not counting fumbles and takeaways this year I’d like to know, now.

I still think they suck. The QB sucks and the RBs suck and Mario has turned Moorehead into Arroyo.
    I thought that before the game and I think it now.

Oregon and Washington are still favorites for the North.

Autzen scored the first 14 points.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Everyone plays cupcakes. $EC inbreds find a way to clobber Troy State by 18 touchdowns.

A real sports town would hold Fake's feet to the fire, but this is Seattle. I was encouraged by some of the social media meltdowns though.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

If you can't get up for your home opener after not playing in front of fans for two years and you need the coach to amp you up for the game then you have no business playing the game. Not just a Duck fan dumping on your guys but you have serious problems with your team if they couldn't get "up" and didn't want to play this game.
    There's definitely something really wrong with the team when they perform like this with a supposedly veteran roster. "Unfinished Business" my ass.

But schools need to do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games. UCLA was pumped to play LSU, the entire Pac 12 North is playing boring ass mountain west schools for their opener except for Beavlet. This 'if you can't get up to play Arky State you need to quit football' stuff is.... probably not connected to reality for modern power 5 football players.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021

You all are blind, the Griz are no fluke. You come to Missoula the Griz kick your ass by 30. That applies to any pac 12 team. The Griz are that good.

Is that why we beat you guys ny 50 when we had a real coach?

You suck, we just suck worse
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DHD said:

This thread should now move to the classics board.

For no other reason than we're being trolled by a Montana fan ... and our only legit comeback is that "we USED to beat you".

You could always go with the academics smack talk. That worked for quite a few years when Oregon started routinely beating your ass.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2021
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

If you can't get up for your home opener after not playing in front of fans for two years and you need the coach to amp you up for the game then you have no business playing the game. Not just a Duck fan dumping on your guys but you have serious problems with your team if they couldn't get "up" and didn't want to play this game.
    There's definitely something really wrong with the team when they perform like this with a supposedly veteran roster. "Unfinished Business" my ass.

But schools need to do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games. UCLA was pumped to play LSU, the entire Pac 12 North is playing boring ass mountain west schools for their opener except for Beavlet. This 'if you can't get up to play Arky State you need to quit football' stuff is.... probably not connected to reality for modern power 5 football players.
    Good luck getting SEC teams to play away from home. Not much in it for them. They’ll gladly let you come and visit. Why would they travel to the west coast and risk a loss when they can sell out their stadium playing a FCS school?

In the last 20 years, the only SEC school that has played a home and away with Oregon was Mississippi State.

Oregon played LSU at the Kickoff Classic in Dallas, essentially a home game for LSU.

Oregon played at Tennessee.

Did LSU or Tennessee pay a return visit to Oregon? Hell no. They’re not stupid.

Oregon had a home and away game with Michigan and Wisconsin between 2000 and 2007.

Home and away games scheduled with Kansas State and Georgia were canceled as the date approached by both schools.

Oregon and tOSU scheduled a home and away game in 2020 and 2021.

Last season’s game at Autzen was canceled due to COVID. Oregon visits Columbus next weekend to get their comeuppance.

Ohio State has said they will reschedule to play at Autzen sometime after 2030. Sure.

Schedules are made out years in advance.

“But schools should do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games.”

It’s a business. You of all people should understand this. It’s not about the fans. If it was, why has the PAC-12 been scheduling so many night games? TV revenue.

Lesser programs go to the bigger programs for the payday and the loss . . .
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I actually feel like the only over reaction was against Dymo. He missed some passes but there seemed to be a bunch of drops and the 4th down throw was definitely pretty sick.

Coaching. Oline. Dline. Split problem between QB and WRs.

Montana dominating the lines is going to be the most bizarre husky moment of my life
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You all are blind, the Griz are no fluke. You come to Missoula the Griz kick your ass by 30. That applies to any pac 12 team. The Griz are that good.

No. They’re not.

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    Haie:

Beavlet played at Purdue to open the season. It was scheduled many years ago as a home and away.

Purdue will visit Corvallis to play Beavlet in 2024, unless they cancel. They won’t.

LSU scheduled this game years ago and figured UCLA would be an easy win. UCLA has sucked, for the most part, the past 20 years. I don’t see a return visit scheduled at Baton Rouge.

Beavlet played at Baton Rouge (LSU) in 2004 for a payday and almost pulled the upset. LSU was defending national champion the year before with Nick Saban at the helm.

LSU had no return trip scheduled to LSU.

It’s all bout the $$$ and the leverage certain teams have.

If you can sell out a 90,000 seat stadium against anybody, why travel to a stadium that seats 45,000 max, lose money and take a chance of losing?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    trublue said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

haie said:

Good luck getting SEC teams to play away from home. Not much in it for them. They’ll gladly let you come and visit. Why would they travel to the west coast and risk a loss when they can sell out their stadium playing a FCS school?

In the last 20 years, the only SEC school that has played a home and away with Oregon was Mississippi State.

Oregon played LSU at the Kickoff Classic in Dallas, essentially a home game for LSU.

Oregon played at Tennessee.

Did LSU or Tennessee pay a return visit to Oregon? Hell no. They’re not stupid.

Oregon had a home and away game with Michigan and Wisconsin between 2000 and 2007.

Home and away games scheduled with Kansas State and Georgia were canceled as the date approached by both schools.

Oregon and tOSU scheduled a home and away game in 2020 and 2021.

Last season’s game at Autzen was canceled due to COVID. Oregon visits Columbus next weekend to get their comeuppance.

Ohio State has said they will reschedule to play at Autzen sometime after 2030. Sure.

Schedules are made out years in advance.

“But schools should do us all a favor and stop scheduling these games.”

It’s a business. You of all people should understand this. It’s not about the fans. If it was, why has the PAC-12 been scheduling so many night games? TV revenue.

Lesser programs go to the bigger programs for the payday and the loss . . .
    Tennessee did play Oregon in Eugene. Beat them 59 to 14.