Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"Accidentally" Legal Prostitution in Rhode Island decreased rape & STDs

13»

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457 Founders Club

Well that's good because I am AGAINST rape.

what if it's consensual?

I'm hearing the first 6 inches were consensual ...
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

I realize my audience here, but legalized prostitution is pretty sleazy. Where exactly do you draw the line in terms of legalizing non violent crimes?

They don't draw lines. HTH. Utility and the morality of the market. It's probable they would legalize murder if it led to a drop in the national murder rate. If they presented stats that suggested that might be the case, their leader might say, "On balance the costs to society are much higher with prohibition."
    hyperbole much?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I realize my audience here, but legalized prostitution is pretty sleazy. Where exactly do you draw the line in terms of legalizing non violent crimes?

They don't draw lines. HTH. Utility and the morality of the market. It's probable they would legalize murder if it led to a drop in the national murder rate. If they presented stats that suggested that might be the case, their leader might say, "On balance the costs to society are much higher with prohibition."
    Fuck you're dumb.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,125 Founders Club

Fuck you're dumb.
    Case closed. End of discussion.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Conservatives and liberals are two sides of the same coin.. Liberals are all about pro choice..unless it's choosing to do something they disagree with. Conservatives are all about having the government out of our lives, expect for things they want to control. Fucking hypocrites.

This poast needs to be pinned on this shitty bored. Seriously, bravo.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited July 2014

It's probable they would legalize murder if it led to a drop in the national murder rate. If they presented stats that suggested that might be the case, their leader might say, "On balance the costs to society are much higher with prohibition."

It's probable they would legalize murder if it led to a drop in the national murder rate. If they presented stats that suggested that might be the case, their leader might say, "On balance the costs to society are much higher with prohibition."
    Fuck you're dumb.
    I doubt you're that radical. But it's entertaining to throw some rotten bait out every now and then and see if you'll bite. Fire Marshal Bill asked a good question. Where exactly do you draw the line in your campaign of legalizing everything? Do you even have lines where any sense of morality comes into play and wars with your libertarian ideals?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,691 Founders Club
    So how about seat belts, helmets, basic safety equipment? GET YOUR LAWS OFF ME GOVERNMENT.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

Jesus. Seriously. Do you even do cursory research? . Libertarianism isn't a free for all. If person A 's actions violate the rights of Person B, then person A has no right to commit that action. I think being murdered falls into the violations of rights category.

Great, concise description of your political philosophy. Almost makes me want to not be a progressive anymore.

Fuck you're dumb.
    I doubt you're that radical. But it's entertaining to throw some rotten bait out every now and then and see if you'll bite. Fire Marshal Bill asked a good question. Where exactly do you draw the line in your campaign of legalizing everything? Do you even have lines where any sense of morality comes into play and wars with your libertarian ideals?
    Jesus. Seriously. Do you even do cursory research? . Libertarianism isn't a free for all. If person A 's actions violate the rights of Person B, then person A has no right to commit that action. I think being murdered falls into the violations of rights category.

I know you think you're a bad ass. But before you drop your mic prematurely, maybe you should explain why you think the German legalization of prostitution has been a success, if you think that it has.
    edited July 2014
    Gee OBK. No acknowledgement that just made look silly regarding your "rotten bait"? Nice quick subject change.

I'll have to look at it. I haven't studied the details of Germany. I have looked at Austriala and it is been successful. Maybe while I look at Germany, you could look at Austriala ? That said, legal or illegal there will be trafficking. Making it illegal doesn't stop it and there still will be some if it's legal.

Alcohol is legal and bad guys are still involved. But not like they were during prohibition.

But answer me this: why shouldn't two consenting adults be able to voluntarily and mutually decide to have sex in exchange for money/dinner/wine/diamonds/travel, etc.?

Why do you want to shove your "morality" on others? I don't do drugs and I don't think it's a good thing for people to do, but I think they have the right to do it. Same with prostitution.
    edited July 2014

Gee OBK. No acknowledgement that just made look silly regarding your "rotten bait"? Nice quick subject change.

I'll have to look at it. I haven't studied the details of Germany. I have looked at Austriala and it is been successful. Maybe while I look at Germany, you could look at Austriala ? That said, legal or illegal there will be trafficking. Making it illegal doesn't stop it and there still will be some if it's legal.

Alcohol is legal and bad guys are still involved. But not like they were during prohibition.

But answer me this: why shouldn't two consenting adults be able to voluntarily and mutually decide to have sex in exchange for money/dinner/wine/diamonds/travel, etc.?

Why do you want to shove your "morality" on others? I don't do drugs and I don't think it's a good thing for people to do, but I think they have the right to do it. Same with prostitution.

I don't care about shoving any sense of morality on others. Everyone is welcome to their own as long as their exercise of it doesn't harm others. I'm just not convinced that completely legalizing prostitution and hard drugs is a wise thing to do. In Germany underage girls from Eastern Europe are recruited and taken advantage of. You can't exactly call that voluntary. The openness and legality of prostitution there has attracted organized crime, according to the Germans. I don't think cops should be beating down your door if you decide to have sex with someone in exchange for goods or if you're privately doing drugs (I wouldn't be against the decriminalization of possession of small amounts of hard drugs like Portugal is doing--it seems to have had a positive impact). They should be focusing on more serious crime. But outright legalization is a fairly radical step that would likely be a hard sell in America. I'm guessing Australia has less of an issue with trafficking due to its geographical situation, but I'll read about it and find out.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,382 Founders Club
    Here's what we should do. Take up a collection to get me a plane ticket to Germany, 3 boxes of rubbers, a disposable camera and a notepad. I will sleep with as many whores as I can and report back with my findings.

I don't care about shoving any sense of morality on others. Everyone is welcome to their own as long as their exercise of it doesn't harm others. I'm just not convinced that completely legalizing prostitution and hard drugs is a wise thing to do. In Germany underage girls from Eastern Europe are recruited and taken advantage of. You can't exactly call that voluntary. The openness and legality of prostitution there has attracted organized crime, according to the Germans. I don't think cops should be beating down your door if you decide to have sex with someone in exchange for goods or if you're privately doing drugs (I wouldn't be against the decriminalization of possession of small amounts of hard drugs like Portugal is doing--it seems to have had a positive impact). They should be focusing on more serious crime. But outright legalization is a fairly radical step that would likely be a hard sell in America. I'm guessing Australia has less of an issue with trafficking due to its geographical situation, but I'll read about it and find out.
    It looks like I have made progress with you.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

How in the fuck did you get saddled with rescuing OBK from his own stupidity as your community service project?

Next time just nod to the judge and try to look remorseful

How in the fuck did you get saddled with rescuing OBK from his own stupidity as your community service project?

Next time just nod to the judge and try to look remorseful

I'm saving the world one low information voter at a time.