Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Needs_More_Time

124»

Comments

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I'm pretty sure I was the first person to make a wheelchair joke about PLSS. I believe that to be true because I remember agonizing over it. The post was hilarious but I wasn't sure I wanted to cross that line.

I ended up deciding to do it because I am a Half Brain. And, god dammit, that's what we do. But I thought of it, at the time, as inclusive. I've made personal jokes about posters being overweight, the Race of ones wife, about having sex with a posters daughter, about a posters parents not loving them and about military service. Those may not be equal to wheelchair jokes but they were personal attacks. I thought of it as treating PLSS just like everyone else and hoped he would see it that way.

Now, I don't blame PLSS for complaining about it. It clearly turned into something more venomous than I had intended. And he had that right even if it had not. It became something that, at times, even made me cringe. And I am a horrible, horrible human being.

DJ has done a very good job of giving this board and it's posters freedom. But with that freedom comes responsibility. HHB 1.0 is an example of what happens when posters don't take that responsibility. That doesn't mean everyone should toe the line. Lord knows I'm a habitual line stepper. But at the very least, when the person that gave us all of this, asks you to stop doing something, you should stop. DJ has earned that much.

Huh?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Mad_Son said:

1) I don't understand why you'd post this
    2) WTF!??!?! PLSS IS REALLY IN A WHEEL CHAIR?!??!

Because Derek is drawing a line and he should be applauded, whether I'm in a chair or not. If you said you were Asian would I make yellow face-panhead jokes ? No I wouldn't for obvious reasons. If u were a vet with no legs would i call you Bob, or 1 legged ilean ? Simply no. It's childish, immature and simply un-American. Pull your head out your pucker..

Cockus just had no comback. He'd just result to Crip jokes. No different than a racist joke. It's bigoted and not tolerable in today's society. Imagine a vet just home from Iraq with blown-off legs. Is that me? No but one just never knows. Could be anybody. You think jokes would be funny and appropriate? Show some respect . Common sense goes a long way. I know a vet on this boredom who lurks. Just uncool. He's not crippled but his friend and platoon mate is.

If you can't be funny without personal attacks on those with injuries, bigoted jokes about others with different skin colors or those who suffer with harsh realities, then don't reply.

I don't dislike Cockus, I just like to thrash him in joking fashion. When I heard of his dad I was the first to say I'm sorry and to wish his dad well.. I understand where to draw the line. I could have shredded him and his dad like some of you did (whooooshed by cocker or not) but I drew the proverbial line. Not because the first amendment gives me the right, but because I know the 1st amendment has unwritten rules of decorum. Just have fun, beat the shit out of fellow members but be cool like the fonz when appropriate.

I guess the blick and 75k jokes are OUT too. Its twisting pretty hot for july here in 1891 communist Prussia

That's a good post...but considering your history of racist and homophobic rants, I find it disingenuous and somewhat bizarre.

No one shredded Times dad..you're twisting.
    The keen eyed reader will recognize that PLSS reveals himself to be the most objectionable human to post on this forum even when he's pretending to be reasonable. He's amusing and worth having here, but the fucker deserves every bit of shit thrown at him and nothing should be out of bounds. Unfortunately there are other paralyzed folks out there who aren't hostile, mannerless, racist pieces of shit. Use of his disability as a way of making fun of him indirectly insults others, and that's grounds for not allowing it.
    Chuck, it's ok. It's alright to cry . Attention will come your way sooner or later sweettits.
    Upvoted for sweettits.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2014
    We make fun of others that's what we do. Making fun of veterans with paralysis is not ok . I'm not a paralyzed veteran but there are some here you cock knocking princess. Bring it bitch, I'll run you straight back to Kim's bed where you've been sniffing his bad ass under his silk sheets for years. Best u don't start Chunk.
  • Options
    Founders Club

We make fun of others that's what we do. Making fun of veterans with paralysis is not ok . I'm not a paralyzed veteran but there are some here you cock knocking princess. Bring it bitch, I'll run you straight back to Kim's bed where you've been sniffing his bad ass under his silk sheets for years. Best u don't start Chunk.

Wait, Kim is going to dutch oven Chuck?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm pretty sure I was the first person to make a wheelchair joke about PLSS. I believe that to be true because I remember agonizing over it. The post was hilarious but I wasn't sure I wanted to cross that line.

I ended up deciding to do it because I am a Half Brain. And, god dammit, that's what we do. But I thought of it, at the time, as inclusive. I've made personal jokes about posters being overweight, the Race of ones wife, about having sex with a posters daughter, about a posters parents not loving them and about military service. Those may not be equal to wheelchair jokes but they were personal attacks. I thought of it as treating PLSS just like everyone else and hoped he would see it that way.

Now, I don't blame PLSS for complaining about it. It clearly turned into something more venomous than I had intended. And he had that right even if it had not. It became something that, at times, even made me cringe. And I am a horrible, horrible human being.

DJ has done a very good job of giving this board and it's posters freedom. But with that freedom comes responsibility. HHB 1.0 is an example of what happens when posters don't take that responsibility. That doesn't mean everyone should toe the line. Lord knows I'm a habitual line stepper. But at the very least, when the person that gave us all of this, asks you to stop doing something, you should stop. DJ has earned that much.

APAG is a hipster. He's made jokes about overweight people , posters parents, and military service. That's what hipsters do. If he denies it, being a hipster, that means he's a hipster.
    Pressing.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Hi there. Just curious what you think IS okay to make fun of? Fellas having sex with other men? How about autism? Having Navajo heritage? Type 2 diabetes? Type 1 diabetes? People of Islamic faith? Jews? Someone being paralyzed as a result of an unsuccessful suicide attempt? Women? Chlamydia? Redheads?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

This thread needs moar ..

and less ..

WTF happened here.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

pawz said:

This thread needs moar ..

and less ..

WTF happened here.
    The 3rd Reich thinks Big Macs >>> Whoppers.

Not the case.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Dardanus said:

Hi there. Just curious what you think IS okay to make fun of? Fellas having sex with other men? How about autism? Having Navajo heritage? Type 2 diabetes? Type 1 diabetes? People of Islamic faith? Jews? Someone being paralyzed as a result of an unsuccessful suicide attempt? Women? Chlamydia? Redheads?
    If we can't make fun of those self righteous towelheads then I'm leaving.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I stand behind Blackie.

String?

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

I stand behind Blackie.

Sandusky?

ftfy
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Mad_Son said:

1) I don't understand why you'd post this
    2) WTF!??!?! PLSS IS REALLY IN A WHEEL CHAIR?!??!

Because Derek is drawing a line and he should be applauded, whether I'm in a chair or not. If you said you were Asian would I make yellow face-panhead jokes ? No I wouldn't for obvious reasons. If u were a vet with no legs would i call you Bob, or 1 legged ilean ? Simply no. It's childish, immature and simply un-American. Pull your head out your pucker..

Cockus just had no comback. He'd just result to Crip jokes. No different than a racist joke. It's bigoted and not tolerable in today's society. Imagine a vet just home from Iraq with blown-off legs. Is that me? No but one just never knows. Could be anybody. You think jokes would be funny and appropriate? Show some respect . Common sense goes a long way. I know a vet on this boredom who lurks. Just uncool. He's not crippled but his friend and platoon mate is.

If you can't be funny without personal attacks on those with injuries, bigoted jokes about others with different skin colors or those who suffer with harsh realities, then don't reply.

I don't dislike Cockus, I just like to thrash him in joking fashion. When I heard of his dad I was the first to say I'm sorry and to wish his dad well.. I understand where to draw the line. I could have shredded him and his dad like some of you did (whooooshed by cocker or not) but I drew the proverbial line. Not because the first amendment gives me the right, but because I know the 1st amendment has unwritten rules of decorum. Just have fun, beat the shit out of fellow members but be cool like the fonz when appropriate.

I guess the blick and 75k jokes are OUT too. Its twisting pretty hot for july here in 1891 communist Prussia

That's a good post...but considering your history of racist and homophobic rants, I find it disingenuous and somewhat bizarre.

No one shredded Times dad..you're twisting.
    The keen eyed reader will recognize that PLSS reveals himself to be the most objectionable human to post on this forum even when he's pretending to be reasonable. He's amusing and worth having here, but the fucker deserves every bit of shit thrown at him and nothing should be out of bounds. Unfortunately there are other paralyzed folks out there who aren't hostile, mannerless, racist pieces of shit. Use of his disability as a way of making fun of him indirectly insults others, and that's grounds for not allowing it.
    As I said before, the only reason people know about his disability is because of me. PL_SS never brought it up himself.
    Not all people. I knew before that. Even before Fleenor I think.

I never said anything and never would have if you wouldn't have told the story AND if PLSS didn't go off like a racist mental patient. My position was that if a person would be so vile about race, which is personal, he would only understand if he was the subject of taunts regarding something that he has no control over and that has no bearing on the character of the person. He brought it on himself and made it difficult to see him as a sympathetic character here.

That said, you said stop, more than once, so that's were it ends. Next
    Right. Your fascination with faqs really gets you to high moral ground ...